“maybe... my worth experience as a hotel user” 2 of 5 stars

Veromaentie 1, Vantaa 01510, Finland   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 10 hotels in Vantaa
Porto, Portugal
“maybe... my worth experience as a hotel user”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed 5 days on thsi hotel, my company booked and for the price paid this was maybe my worth experience
The location is bad, far from everything, we can´t walk from the hotel to a restaurant or anything else. The building construction is bad to save costs, the rooms are decent size but the bathroom ridiculous small, I never have seen something like that before. the car park is a mess and the restaurant a disaster. I just hade a dinner and a breakfast once. The deco, cutlery is poor the service poor the food discusting. I order chicken breast and it only took 2 minutes to arrive to my table...so microwave!
Also the breakfast is poor.

All the hotel and sercie are a low-cost rate, but the price should be also low-cost, for the value you can get better in the city.

Room Tip: avoid ground floor rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Finnish first
St. Petersburg, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed in Pilotti for one night in waiting of the flight, actually this hotel oriented on such kind of staying.
We are stayed in Triple room. The room was cleaned, stuff inside is new and you can find everything what matches for 3 stars hotel BUT it was TOO little place that even hard to live for one person and 3 persons in such kind of room is simply impossible therefore day of our staying we are spent maximally out of room. Another very bad thing that they have not air conditioner in the room, we are stayed there in start of august and almost dead from the heat and humidity, of course small ventilator what we are found in the room, doesn't help especially to give air for 3 persons.
Beds was also small, strange but we are slept very well there, might be bcs was very tired after all day of walk in center of Helsinki.
We make no claims to the hotel staff about our room because i don't think the could help us and as i see in reviews here almost all the people complains about little rooms and lack of air conditioning and also we are paid not such a big money and we was ready to suffer discomfort one night.
And about stuff, we are very like girls on reception, they was cultural and helpfull. They are explained in details how can we go to the center of Helsinki, what the bus do we need, helped to us to make online registration on our flight, awakened in the morning in time what we are asked and also called when bus in airport waited of us. Ahh yes, good thing in this hotel that they have free bus transfer in airport.
Can't say nothing about breakfast because had an early flight and missed but it's have exactly=)
I would recommed this place only for short staying in waiting of flight, one night and no more, hard to spend there longer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I travel all over Europe on business and tend to stay as close to the Airport as possible. This has to be one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. The smell from the toilet/shower was awful. I have never seen a bathroom(if you can call it that) so small. The WiFi was also very poor and not having a restaurant isn't great. If your looking for somewhere to sleep for 1 night, its OK. I personally will never stay again. Many other hotels in the area for a few pounds more.

I've also emailed head-office but got the usual generic apology back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Port Alberni, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I had a king room. The room and bathroom are small compared to North American standards. We thought it was cozy. The room was clean, the bed comfortable. No room for a bathtub but the shower worked fine.
This hotel is close to the airport and we used the airport shuttle. The bus to downtown is only a few blocks away (30 minute ride for 4.5 euro).
We thought the hot breakfast was good; a good selection of cereal, breads, cheese, cold meats, eggs, sausages, potatoes, etc. The coffee was very good. Even on our departure morning there was a cold breakfast available at 3:45 am.
After a full day of sightseeing in Helsinki, the sauna was a great way to end the day.
In closing, the staff at this hotel were very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Petteri T, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Airport Hotel Pilotti, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear "Jack I",

greetings from Finland and thank you for your guest comments here at Tripadvisor.

It's nice to hear that you were satisfied for your latest visit here in BEST WESTERN Airport Hotel Pilotti. Although we are located very close to the airport there are however good connections to get to downtown Helsinki as well; you only need to walk 5 minutes to closest bus stop to get to capital of Finland, the buses go there three times in an hour. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast, we serve it already from 4.00 (sometimes even a bit earlier if requested) as the majority of our guests depart very early from the hotel. I'll tell my colleagues your best regards as well.

Hopefully we may welcome you soon again!

Best regards,

Petteri Turunen
Front Office Manager
BEST WESTERN Airport Hotel Pilotti
Gex, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The age is clearly visible, dunno if even a facelift would be enough to get a refresh feeling. Small rooms, the noise is annoying thru the doors. A simple breakfast, eat and go, no need to expect enjoyment.

Just ty to sleep and off you go.

• Stayed June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I will echo everyone else's critique of this hotel in that the bathroom is TINY. If you shop in the big and tall department, this place isn't for you.

Apart from that, the appeal of the hotel is that it is close to the airport and offers a shuttle bus to/from the airport.

The room also had a small oscillating fan which I found useful as the one window that opens is small and is near the ceiling and it took some time for the room to cool in the evening. I don't think that this would be a comfortable place to stay if there is a heat wave as it could get uncomfortably warm in the room.

This hotel is tolerable for one night. It is not suitable for longer stays. I also don't see how more than one person could stay in a room. There is barely enough room for one suitcase let alone multiple suitcases.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I booked the hotel as I had just half a day and one night in Helsinki before my connecting flight, and thought of checking in close to the airport. The positives were free airport transfer (or taxi fare in case their coach was not operational at that hour), proximity to the airport (10 mins) and reasonable breakfast. Also the staff at the front desk is very helpful and friendly. However the rooms and the washrooms are amazingly small. It is impossible to take bath in the washroom if you are tall and of reasonable built. I would recommend it only if you have to be close to the airport and are travelling alone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Airport Hotel Pilotti? Share your experiences!