“Great hotel, great food!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 20-30%
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Vejle
Herning, Denmark
“Great hotel, great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

The rooms are nice and comfy, though quite standard..

The restaurant in this place is amazing! The best hotel food I've had.. Highly recommendable!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Svendborg, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

OK hotel that has all that is required, and the location is very central indeed in lovely Vejle. My room was located at ground level facing the square and I was woken up very early by renovation cars that collect garbage right outside the window it seemed. The room was a little worn down but everything was functioning nevertheless. The place seems to host big conferences and business meetings which gives it a rather impersonal atmosphere. Hotel restaurant and bar is fine.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Mumbai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

One of the more expensive and better known hotels of Vejle. Rooms can be big or small depending on your luck. Breakfast was included in my rate and it was acceptable. Staff were friendly and the hotel has free internet with a great speed. They do charge an additional 4.5% environment fee that was compulsory (but not mentioned at the time of my reservation). Also, if you use an international credit card you end up paying 4.5% additional for the service fees which is very high I think. Its a bit of an inconvenience to travellers.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Lund, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

I stayed two nights in this Best Western hotel while my son and I visited Legoland.

The first night, I was having my period and, unfortunately, I left a stain on their sheets. The next morning, I went to housekeeping to ask if there was something I could have to remove the stain. They told me not to worry about it, "it happens all the time".

When I checked out, to my complete surprise, the reception clerk told me I had to pay a fine of DKK800 for damaging company property. I agree that the situation needed to be rectified, but I tried in good faith to find a solution and was told by hotel staff not to do anything. I naively paid the money and filed a complaint as instructed.

When I asked for the manager's name, the reception clerk refused to give me her full name, and also refused to give me a copy of their policy regarding the fine or a receipt to show the charge from the cleaner.

She began to speak louder and louder when I questionned the charge so that the entire lobby could hear her talking about the damage in legal terms that made it sound as if I had done something criminal.

Best Western claims they tried to contact me before they sent it to the cleaners, but I wasn't contactable. This is simply not true - I have no record of either a phone call or an email from them, although I was required to give this info to register.

They sent the sheets to the cleaners without consulting me, or getting my approval and spent an outrageous amount of money to fix a problem that could have been handled far less expensively.

As I have never been allowed to see the policy they're applying, nor the amount of the charge to the hotel, I am not satisfied with their response to my complaint.

They did not address the fact that I was told it was OK, nor that I did not approve the charge made. They will not refund my money and have told me their complaint file is closed.

I can't trust Best Western hotels anymore, a great disappointment to me after being a loyal customer most of my life. I think other travellers need to know.

• Stayed August 2010
Stavanger, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

This hotel has a new and old part. We stayed in the new part. It was very surprising that there was no aircondition or ventilation at all in our room. Therefor we had to have the windows open, letting in the outside noise. That means we had automatic wakeup at 7 am, when the chuchbell started to chime (they cime every half hour betweeen 7am and 11pm.
The rooms were simple, but clean. Bathroom still new and shining, and generally ok. The beds, however, were terrible. The mattress felt like jello, no real support, and were not "in water" - meaning that after a night sleep I almost fell off.
We chose this hotel bacause it's near Legoland, just a half hour drive away. It has it's own parking place in the cellar, wich is locked between 11pm and 6 am. We arrived late, and found the receptionist to be friendly and willing to come and open the parkingplace for us.
All in all: This is a "good enough" hotel to stay a day or two, but I would hesitate to come back. I could recommend it, but only for a short stay for people who want to visit Legoland or other attractions in the surroundings.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Oslo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

We booked this hotel because we wanted to go to Legoland. It is just 30 minutes away by car, the parking is cheap and safe and the hotel is pretty good.

We were not impressed by the size of the room, since we were two adults and one child (7 years). There was an extra bed, and some other furniture had to be moved to get it fit. It was not made either, and we went to the reception to ask if we could get another room - but the answer was that it was the biggest kind of rooms they had. That means that if you are more than three, you will actually need two rooms.

The breakfast buffet was very good, typical danish and the dining area is open, roomy and birds were flying inside - both us adults and our kid was impressed by them.

The really bad thing, is that the hotel is placed right next to the church, and the bells rings every half an hour until 22.30 at night and starts up at 07.00 in the morning. There was a lot of noise from the street, but we could not have the window closed, it was so humid and bad air - and no aircondition or air ventilation system to keep the air cool or fresh.

Stay out of the hotel, unless you are on a tight budget.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Bergen, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

The room (we went for the economy type) was ok, but worn. That to be expected when choosing the cheapest one perhaps. However, we were awakened several times during the night from noise in the street. A surprise really, considering the hotel isn't really next to a street. But there was the shouting from various groups of people passing by after having a few drinks, the garbage truck, the delivery truck... We woke up exhausted in the morning. The breakfast isn't anything to brag about either. But the wi-fi, parking and breakfast was included. Thumbs up for that.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Torvehallerne? Share your experiences!