“Fantastic vegan 5 course dinner!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Danish
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Helsinki
“Fantastic vegan 5 course dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

OMG, this restaurant really is the best!
Service was friendly and professional - even when I reguested a change to eat vegan dinner when all my colleagues ordered from the meny, it was not a problem. The atmosphere is really warm and beatiful and then the food - just marvelous! I can't recommend this restaurant enough! Really worth visiting if you are driving through Denmark.

Vegan / vegetarian friendly even though the meny is fish and meat - just ask and they will serve you tasty food! :)

PS. This place is a really good wine restaurant as well.

• Visited August 2013

95% Recommend
Taunton, United Kingdom
“One of the BEST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Merlot is one of the best restuarants I have ever been to which is why one of my Danish friends had his 40th birthday there. Its a great restuarant for an intimate meal or business lunch. The wine list is wonderful and they are always keen to advise. Try the coffee its an event in itself. One seen never forgotten.

Visited October 2012
“A wonderful Gastro experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I'd like to start by saying that this restaurant was not just a matter of eating out. It was an experience that has kept us talking about it ever since our visit and wanting to go back.
The menu, service and atmosphere offered was all top drawer: from the personal explanations of ingredients and courses in both Danish and English for my partner and I, to the amazing wine that accompanied our meal.
It was a lovely evening.
Try it for yourselves, I can't recommend highly enough.

• Visited May 2013
Livermore, California
“Great food, great chef, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had a fantastic meal tonight at Merlot. This was one of our top five dinners ever. Owner chef Egon spent generous time with us and the food was unique fusion of Danish fundamentals with French flair, delicious and presented at its best. We asked him to pair some wines for us and his choices were spot on and well priced. The dining room was classy and comfortable but not pretentious. A bit of a splurge but seems very reasonable for this quality in Denmark. It's a bit off the main center of town so a good set of directions will help. We would definitely seek it out anytime we are there.

• Visited March 2013
Ballerup, Denmark
“A really nice surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Was i Vejle for one night and were looking for a nice place to eat, when I, by browsing the internet, found this restaurant and thought I'd give it a try. When me and my dinner party came in to the hall, we were met by the owner who took care of our coats. We then came inside the restaurant which was beautifully decorated with old royal-looking furniture. Sitting at the table we sure felt like royal in those nice surroundings. The menu is not that big, but the things on it all sounded really delicious. We had two courses which all was perfectly cooked. The owner is very nice and wants his customers to have a great experience, he can tell alot about the different foods and wines. If you are into cheeses, you simply MUST try the cheese-table for dessert, a great selection of cheeses. If you must go to the bathroom, don't forget to take a peek in the wine cellar just across from the bathrooms. All in all a great place if you are into rather fine dining.

• Visited August 2012