“What a treat” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
“What a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was so happy with my recent stay at Auberge Les Myrtilles. I arrived on a rainy, cold weekend and their cozy restaurant/bar was so inviting with the delicious food and fire going all day long. The owners are lovely people -- happy to provide me with ideas for hiking and very warm and friendly in general. I also spoke at length with one of their waitresses and the sous-chef -- lovely young people. The cabin was cozy and clean. . .I couldn't have been more pleased. Hiking was just out the door, charming little towns a short distance away. I will definitely return to their little piece of paradise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

As a Canadian, I love beautiful scenery and friendly people. So when my family decided to join me on a business trip to Toulouse, I decided that afterward we must experience the countryside and culture of the Pyrenees. I flew over the region with “Google Earth”, and landed at the Auberge les Myrtilles. I could not have made a more perfect choice. The website promised views, comfort, and gastronomy, and they delivered exactly that. I had just spent 4 days in a luxury business hotel, but ‘les Myrtilles’ was far better (in my opinion) for a fraction of the cost.

A few details:

Food: We opted for the half pension (breakfast and dinner). The food was traditional for the region, and very different from what I am used to, but that is part of the experience. There were a variety of salads and hearty country ‘stews’ which were very nicely seasoned. For me, it was delicious. The owners clearly have a passion for food. The restaurant had other options, but we were very happy with the daily specials.

Rooms: The rooms were very clean, spacious, modern and comfortable. When my room opens onto a garden overlooking a pristine mountain valley, I could be happy with anything, but our double room was honestly the best we had on out trip.

Language: I know a smattering of French, and I think this was appreciated, but the proprietors were friendly toward everyone and willingly spoke decent English. There were a few guys from England visiting at the same time as us, and they seemed to feel completely at home too. If you don’t speak French, don’t be intimidated (but do try a few words if you can).

Scenery: I am an avid runner, so the first morning I ran to the top of the biggest mountain I could find (Cap du Carmil, 1627m). After running through several types of forest, I came out of the early-morning fog into a rolling alpine meadow full of wild horses. The peace and tranquility was perfect. I hiked up a second time that day with my wife, and it was a good 5 hour walk. The trails were well-marked and nicely varied. There seemed to be many other trails in the region if you were more (or less) ambitious.

Pool: The pool, hot-tub, and sauna are in the loveliest setting on the hillside overlooking the valley. I spent hours there just admiring the view while waiting for my daughter to finally get tired of swimming.

In summary, I highly recommend this place to anyone wishing for a comfortable escape to a real paradise. The proprietors state that they fell in love with the place, and I did too.

Room Tip: Our room was double and faced the valley.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stopped at the restaurant during our hike. We found the place gorgeous but experienced an awful service. A group of 6 adults arriving after each other greeted the hostess with a jovial Bonjour and never received any answer. We ordered drinks and desert and clearly annoyed her. To add to it, a man, apparently the owner, when asked questions about the area was plainly rude and not welcoming. Menu seems ok but nothing plainly original or strictly local.

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Auberge Les Myrtilles? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Auberge Les Myrtilles

Address: Col des Marrous | Le Bosc, 09000 Foix, France
Location: France > Midi-Pyrenees > Ariege > Foix
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Swimming Pool
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Foix
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Auberge Les Myrtilles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Auberge Les Myrtilles, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.