“Two more very enjoyable stays at the Cheyenne.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Hotel Cheyenne

You added Disney's Hotel Cheyenne to your Saves list
Disney's Hotel Cheyenne
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Disneyland Paris | B.P. 115, 77777 Marne-la-Vallee, France   |
Ranked #13 of 54 Hotels in Marne-la-Vallee
New Forest National Park, United Kingdom
“Two more very enjoyable stays at the Cheyenne.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed in the Hotel Cheyenne from 3rd – 5th October and again 5th – 7th December 2012. I intended to post this review earlier but the hotel has not changed since my two stays and it may help people who are trying to decide between hotels. I will add photos.

I posted a detailed review in 2011 which was the first time I had stayed at the Cheyenne.
Disney are in the process of refurbishing all their hotels rooms which will take some years to complete, and they have not begun Cheyenne rooms refurb yet. So far they have completed Sequoia Lodge hotel, and Santa Fe hotel rooms refurb should be finished very soon. The next hotel to be refurbished is the Newport Bay Club beginning this Autumn which will take about two years as it is a huge hotel.

In October I travelled with my sister on the direct Disney Eurostar from St Pancras to MLV Chessy, arriving around 1.45pm, and we caught the free shuttle bus to the Cheyenne. We did not have the Disney Express Service on this trip as I booked the train and Standard room including 3 day park ticket for one adult with Eurostar, and another return train ticket separately with them. This was cheaper than booking through Disney, so always worth comparing prices. If you book directly with Eurostar over the phone you can buy tickets before they are available online, and choose your seats on the train, so we were able to book a table and seats together. I bought a Fantasy Annual Passport on a French ticket website for reduced price, which I was getting in the park, so I did not need a park ticket.

A VEA airport bus had just arrived at the Cheyenne before us, so there was quite a long queue at Reception Check-In and unfortunately only three desks open, which was very tedious. By the time we had checked in, and added one extra adult to the room for €0.99 City Tax per night including breakfast, it was 3pm and our room was ready. I had emailed the hotel before arrival requesting a ground floor room in Sitting Bull block as there is no lift to the second floor rooms, and was pleased to have room 1702 which had a view of the cowboy town street.

I like Sitting Bull block as it is a good location for the main building, bus stop, and also the path to walk to the parks. Sitting Bull is a Buffalo/ Rio Grande room so technically carries a supplement, but we were not charged any extra. Buffalo and Rio Grande rooms are the same inside as Standard rooms – it is the location you are paying extra for.

Rio Grande rooms are closer to the path for walking to the parks alongside the Rio Grande river/canal. These are Soaring Eagle, Jesse James, Billy The Kid, Sitting Bull, Doc Holliday, and Running Bear.
Buffalo Rooms are closer to the main hotel building for Reception, Chuck Wagon Café restaurant, General Store, Red Garter Saloon, Nevada Games Room, Guest Luggage Storage, and the shuttle bus stop. These are Wild Bill Hickock, Jesse James, Billy The Kid, Sitting Bull, Wyatt Earp. So some blocks are both Rio Grande and Buffalo ones.
Standard room blocks are Calamity Jane, Geronimo, Butch Cassidy, Annie Oakley, Cochise, and Sundance. Families with babies who have booked a Standard room are usually allocated ground floor rooms in Annie Oakley , to be closer to the main building and shuttle bus. Annie Oakley is opposite the laundry room.

Fort Apache kids play area is behind Billy The Kid and Sitting Bull blocks, close to the path to the parks.
There are two main car parks for the Cheyenne, Corrall North and Corrall South. At the hotel main entrance is another smaller car park where you can park for 30 mins to load / unload luggage for the more central room blocks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Cheyenne is a 2 star Disney budget hotel, so don’t expect any frills like room service, and the rooms do not currently have air con – only a large ceiling fan. There is no swimming pool, and you cannot use the pools in the other resort hotels, so something to bear in mind if you are taking children in the summer months when it could be very hot. For this reason, we always stayed in the Newport Bay or Sequoia Lodge when our boys were growing up, if we were there for several days in summer.

My sister had not stayed in the Cheyenne before, and she thought the rooms were surprisingly good for a 2 star hotel. They all have a double bed and set of bunks, so I offered to sleep in the bottom bunk and found it comfortable for two nights. In the room was a welcome letter from the Manager, two bottles of water, some chocolate gold coins, and also a kettle. Kettles are not in the rooms as standard, but if there is not one already in your room on arrival, you can request one at Reception or Concierge Desk. You may have to pay a refundable deposit of around €30. Alternatively contact the Cheyenne in advance and ask for a kettle, or take your own travel one, which I sometimes do.

I also take plastic mug/s, teaspoon, and sachets of instant hot drinks, plus small cartons of juice, small plastic bottle for water ( fill with juice at breakfast or at the drinking water fountains in both parks), chocolate bars, cereal bars, cheesy biscuits etc for snacks in the parks during the day. You can take some food and drink into the parks but not full picnics, and there are no lockers. I picked up some pots of long life milk and sugar sachets in the buffet car on the Eurostar on the journey out.
Our room was clean and warm, although it showed some signs of wear and tear, but overall in good condition, and I think the Cheyenne rooms have a rustic but cosy feel. The cowboy town theming of this hotel is done very well, and will appeal to children.

The rooms have a heater on the wall that you can adjust, but be careful with small children as it can get quite hot to touch if turned up high. Rooms have a table, chair, set of drawers with flat screen TV on top, cowboy boot shaped lamp, mirror, bedside cabinet with telephone between the double bed and bunks. Each bunk has a light above the pillow, and there are wall lights on both sides of the double bed. Some rooms have an interconnecting door, which is handy for larger families who need to book two rooms. The phone has buttons for Reception, Dining Reservations, etc and also one for a morning wake up call from Mickey if you set the time.

The TV has some channels in English – BBC World News, CNN, UK Disney Channel, Disneyland Paris Information Channel, and also a bedtime story channel for kids with no picture, so just for listening. Disney have introduced free wifi at the Disneyland Hotel, hotel New York and Newport Bay, and this will eventually be available in their other hotels. Until then, there is no internet access at the Cheyenne, but you can get free wifi at McDonalds, Starbucks in the Disney Village, in the Gaumont cinema foyer, and in the Disneyland Hotel lobby.

As you enter the Cheyenne rooms there is a clothes rail with shelf and storage, and a small safe. On the opposite side is the bathroom with large mirror, single sink unit, loo, bath with overhead shower and shower curtain. There is no hairdryer, so take your own, but these may be added when the rooms are refurbished in the future. Disney hotels hairdryers are not very powerful though, just like a small hose. Hand and bath towels are provided, but the bath ones are not beach size, so if you like a very large towel, take your own. Small bottles of bath / shower gel and bars of soap with Mickey on are provided and replaced if used each day.

Breakfast is from 7am to 11am, in the Chuck Wagon Café, and times are booked at Reception when you arrive for each morning. I usually book the first timeslot to avoid queues and crowds at the buffet which can build up from 7.30 onwards, especially during school holidays and weekends. They give you a card ticket for each morning, but on my stays in the Cheyenne I noticed that many people enter the restaurant via the exit doors, rather than the entrance, where there is no Cast Member on duty, avoiding a queue, and I have done this as well.

The buffet is more basic than in the Disney Moderate hotels, but fine if you just want a simple breakfast – plain croissants, chocolate croissants, sliced ham, cubes of cheese, tinned fruit salad, cereals, bowl of plain yoghurt, sliced bread, toaster, microwave, babyfood on request, tea/ coffee/ hot chocolate/ hot & cold milk/ juice from machines. The milk in Disneyland is Long Life, so tastes a bit different to fresh milk. If necessary you can buy bottles of fresh milk in the Auchan hypermarket in the shopping mall in Val D’Europe. Disney restaurants and hotel bars will fill a babies bottle or feeder cup with milk free of charge.
The Disney hotels also provide some allergen free breakfast items on request, which I saw on display in the Chuck Wagon Café, eg cakes, biscuits and crackers.

I have never taken extra food from the Disney hotels' breakfast buffets to make a packed lunch for myself or my family, as I don’t agree with this. My sister was shocked when she saw the huge amount of food that some people were piling onto their trays, and then packing into bags, as well as eating a good breakfast in the restaurant.

For people on a tight budget there is a large McDonalds and Earl Of Sandwich restaurant in the Disney Village, the Relay shop in Chessy station, shop in the petrol station near hotel Santa Fe, and cheaper restaurants in Val D’Europe shopping mall as well as the huge Auchan hypermarket.

Staying in a Disney owned hotel and Davy Crockett Ranch gives you Extra Magic Hours ( apart from a few offpeak days during the year) from 8am to 10am in the main Disneyland Park, where about 7 rides are usually open in Fantasyland and Discoveryland. This is also available for people with 20th Anniversary and Dream Annual Passports. Very occasionally EMH is held in the Studios Park instead, but this is quite rare. When you check in at Reception there should be a leaflet with a list of the rides that are open for EMH on the counter, so ask if you can’t see this.

Breakfast in the park is sometimes offered to Disney hotels guests at busy times, to cut down on crowds in the hotel restaurants. This is during Extra Magic Hours, so doing this means you may miss some early ride time. It is not offered to all the hotels at the same time though. It is held in Plaza Gardens Restaurant or Chalet De La Marionette, so ask about this when you check in. Disney hotels guests get discount in Café Mickey for Character Breakfast, which can be booked independently a few days in advance or added to a Disney hotel package. You do see some Characters in the Cheyenne lobby /Reception area for photos and Meet & Greet, but they don’t usually come into the restaurant.

The Chuck Wagon Café is also the buffet for dinner, and sometimes open for lunch as well. Dinner is from 6pm to 11pm. I havn’t eaten dinner here or in La Cantina in hotel Santa Fe, as I prefer the buffets in the Disney Moderate hotels, but you can read reviews on Trip Advisor and on other DLP websites. Child buffet price includes a soft drink, for ages 3-11 and under 3s eat free (proof of age may be requested if a child looks 3 yrs old). Adults can choose the buffet with or without a drink included, for separate prices.

The bar/lounge in the Cheyenne is called the Red Garter Saloon, but you can use the bars, lounges and restaurants in any of the Disney hotels – you don’t have to be staying there. (apart from certain special meals on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve).

The Cheyenne has a self service Launderette, with washers, driers and a large sink, which is between blocks Sitting Bull and Doc Holliday, and is open 24 hrs. You can buy tokens and powder for the machines from the Trading Post ( Cheyenne shop), which sells Disney merchandise along with drinks, toiletries, baby goods, adaptors, phone cards, and closes at 10.30pm. There are vending machines in the Laundry Room for hot and cold drinks, crisps, chocolate bars, and also an ice machine. This room is always open.

The Cheyenne has pony rides in summer months, depending on the weather, for extra cost. Also sometimes rolling Zorb Balls/ Rolling Boules for extra cost.
If you are worried about losing your young children in the parks you can buy kids ID bracelets at the Guest Information/Concierge Desk in the hotel lobby.

On our last morning I paid €11 (per room) at the Concierge / Information Desk for the Disney Express Service one way to have our cases and bags taken to Chessy railway station, so we could go there straight from the parks and collect it from the Disney Express Desk about 45 mins before our train departure time. We had quite a mixed bag of weather in October, some very heavy rain and wind when we got soaked even with brollies and Disney plastic ponchos, and also some very warm sunshine. Marne La Vallee weather can be very changeable and unpredictable, so impossible to know what weather you will get on your trip, and weather forecasts can change daily.
-----
In December I travelled on my own on the direct Eurostar again, for £69 return, (book early for this price!) and booked a standard room at the Cheyenne without park tickets on Hotels.com for £185 for two nights. After sending an email and also speaking to the Manager over the phone, I had Sitting Bull block again, ground floor, this time room 1705, with a view of the Indian Teepees and kids play area, and hotel Santa Fe in the distance across the Rio Grande river/canal. On checking in I was given a voucher for a free gift in the shop as a repeat guest, which was a nice surprise, and again kettle, bottles of water, chocolate coins and also a tea/coffee pack with biscuits in my room.

I made friends with a lady and daughter on the train on their first Disneyland trip, who had the Disney Express Service, so on arrival at Chessy I paid €16 at the Disney Express Service Desk to have my case taken to the Cheyenne, and for return on my last morning, so I could accompany them into the parks. I had my Annual Passport so I didn’t need to go to the hotel first. On this trip I took some chocolate croissants, fruit and also pots of instant porridge, which I made in my room, so I could have breakfast in bed instead of going over to Chuck Wagon Café.

My room was the same inside as before, clean and in good decorative order. With young children or slower walkers it takes approx 20 mins from the Cheyenne to the parks depending on where you start from. Walking from the room blocks on the far left of the hotel site will take longer than from central ones or ones on the right. I prefer to walk usually as it is quite pleasant in dry weather, along a wide flat tarmac path, which comes out at Lake Disney between Sequoia Lodge and hotel New York. Then through security checks, past Café Mickey, through the Disney Village, and past the new World Of Disney store to both parks. Chessy station is between the parks and the Disney Village.

The free hotel shuttle bus goes about every 12 mins from the bus stop outside the front of the hotel Cheyenne to the bus stops by Chessy railway station. This is the only stop for the Disney Village and Parks. Some people don’t realise, and find themselves back at their hotel again! The buses can be a bit of a scrum at busy times, as sadly many guests don’t respect a queue. If you are using the shuttle bus, try to avoid the peak times of the day if you want to get a seat and avoid any pushing. Some people prefer to go to the park for 8am and then go back to the hotel for a leisurely breakfast after Extra Magic Hours has ended.

I had a mix of weather in December – very cold, so lots of warm layers needed, with woolly hat, scarf, gloves, fleece, warm coat, and warm waterproof boots. Arrival day was cloudy but rained quite heavily later. Day two was very cold but sunny, turning to rain in the evening, then on day three I woke up to quite a lot of snow! This was the first time I had been in DLP in the snow in 20 years, so an unexpected treat, even though I had developed a bad cold and felt rather rotten. I was glad I had my waterproof boots as I saw many people walking in very wet trainers.

Overall I really enjoy my stays in the Cheyenne, and find the Cast Members friendly, although my favourite Disney hotel is still currently Sequoia Lodge, where I stayed in January, June and November 2012, and recently in June 2013. If you don’t need a pool, and are happy with a slightly longer walk or using shuttle buses, then the Cheyenne is fine for basic Disney accommodation, and the cowboy town theming is great for kids.

Bear in mind that children under 6yrs should not sleep in the top bunk. Although the Santa Fe hotel has been refurbished and rooms are quite modern with CARS theming, I still think of the two I prefer the design and atmosphere of the Cheyenne, but that is personal preference. The Santa Fe rooms have two double beds, so that can be a deciding factor between the two Disney budget hotels. They are usually both the same price, depending on offers on each one when you book.

I am returning to DLP on 30th July for 3 nights, on an impulse budget trip, but staying offsite for the first time in Hi-Park Serris, as it is half the price of the Cheyenne, with an outdoor pool open in summer.

I am happy to answer any questions about Hotel Cheyenne by private message, or you can find me and other friendly posters on the Trip Advisor Disneyland Paris/Marne La Vallee Forum where we are glad to help with any aspects of trip planning.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room to avoid stairs as there is no lift. Look at photos of the hotel map onl...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Lisbon, Portugal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel is nothing like it shows in the photos.. The cantine that it's called restaurant has the worse food I have ever experience in any other hotel in my life.. Breakfast is horrible, buffet the same, 400 people eating at the same time in plastic trays that looked 20 years old, had to pay for every meal and couldn't charge it to my room.. Definitely a no go in the future!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
solinn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great location, easy walk or like us almost always the bus, you can also take the bus to Hotel Santa Fe and walk 2-3 min. Great atmosphere and children friendly Cowboy Town. The room was ok. Waited around 10 min for check in, lucky it was not longer. Very nice and friendly staff !
No Wi-fi anywere in the Hotel.
The worst thing about the Hotel is the Breakfast, you choose your 30 min time card at check in, and its completely manic in there ! Never seen so many people "steal" what lookes like bread for the whole day !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here with some friends last summer and this was a good hotel for us to stay in. The price is probably the most appealing part of staying in the Cheyenne whether you are a family looking for a budget trip to DLP or just friends looking for a good deal then choose here. The rooms are comfy with clean bathrooms and the staff are very helpful and prompt at coming to deal with any problems you have with your room. Breakfast is mediocre and needs improving, but I think that is common with most budget DLP hotels.

If you are deciding whether to stay outside of the Disney Hotels for a better deal just remember that you won't be getting early magic hours and extras (which are usually free if you book with Disney) such as the Disney Express luggage service. Would definitely stay here again, it's only a 15 minute walk to the park and has a great shop, bar and play area for children.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the bar and play area - it can be a bit noisy in the evenings if you have childr...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel is in a great location so you can easily walk to parks. However, it could be much improved. Breakfast is terrible and completely manic (as is evening buffet), queuing for check in can take over an hour (not a pleasant experience with tired kids and not so much as an apology from staff) and expect to pay a 25 euro deposit for a kettle in room (NB, no tea or coffee is supplied). Rooms are small but in a cute cowboy theme, bathrooms need updating and general repair too. Teppees and playground in hotel was closed throughout our stay and this was not advertised to us before or upon arrival. Cowboy theme is followed through hotel very well. Laundry room is tiny - only two washing machines for entire hotel and one was broken throughout our stay. Food and drinks in hotel were very expensive.

Room Tip: Choose a quiet one near rio grande
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice now, most recently over the New Year 2013 and the first time in January 2011.

It is basic but it is clean and comfortable and an excellent base for exploring DLP. It has a nice bar area and the cold breakfast is nice. It is a 10 minutes walk along the river to the parks, which we did every morning and night - we found it easier than the squashing on the bus.

Although I really enjoyed being there over New Year, I don't think I would pay the price to do this again. It was over double what we paid for going later in January in 2011 and although there was more shows etc. the parks were so busy it was difficult to get on the rides - and when you are paying double the price I think I'd avoid the peak times in future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ashington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Myself and my husband have stayed here three times now and we love it! Everything in the hotel is perfectly themed and the staff are beyond helpful. There has been the occassional broken tile in the bathroom but that is the only issue we have ever had with the room. We have always been able to get our preferred sitting for breakfast and there has always been plenty of food and tables available.

The last time that we visited there was a severe snow storm and the staff were amazing. We decided to talk back from the parks as the queue for the bus was huge and when we got back from the hotel we were soaked from head to toe. We walked through the hotel lobby and a member of staff approached us with towels and offered us an alternative bag for the food that we had bought in Disney Village as it was paper and had disintergrated in the snow. The next morning paths had been cleared in the snow to help guests safely get around.

The free shuttle bus to the parks is amazing but we tend to walk, enjoying the walk along the river and through Disney Village.

I think this hotel is amazing value for money! I have never eaten in the hotel, always choosing to go to Disney Village and loving Annette's Diner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Disney's Hotel Cheyenne? Share your experiences!