“Clean rooms but over priced food” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Hotel Cheyenne

You added Disney's Hotel Cheyenne to your Saves list
Disney's Hotel Cheyenne
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Disneyland Paris | B.P. 115, 77777 Marne-la-Vallee, France   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #14 of 54 Hotels in Marne-la-Vallee
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Clean rooms but over priced food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

It's been many year since I visited euro Disney, but we a young family again it was the right time. We made the journey via eurostar, really easy straight to the park and paid for our bags to be taken to the hotel so we could go straight the the park. This service worked very well for us, but others in the party did not get their bags. Hotel was clean and comfortable, albeit, 20 years on they are looking a bit tired now. But we only spent a small amount of time here. Now, eating in the restaurant was an experience, breakfast was included but it was like a cattle market with people rushing around to get food as if it was their last meal. Overfilling plates and barging into you, lots of people very rude and have no manners. The evening meal was buffet as well and cost around 80 euros for 4 of us bearing in mind our children are 6 and 4 and there hardly eat anything and the best for them to eat was pasta and over cooked chicken nuggets!! I won't be rushing back but it is geared up for the mass market so I guess you should expect it. Be prepared for people smoking every where (outside) near entrance doors, waiting for buses, around Disney - it's full of parents smoking with there kids.

Room Tip: Try and get the best Disney hotel you can afford or staff off site
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

In the past few years I have taken my two grandchildren who are 6 and 4 to various Disneyland hotels. We always go on Eurostar from Ashford International on a Monday and come back on Friday evening. We have been to the Disneyland Hotel twice, New York, Newport Bay and Sequoia Lodge but never in school holiday time. My Aunt, cousin and her three children had booked into Davey Crockett for the October half term week from 29th October and even though I was wary of the queues, I really wanted my grandson to have fun with his third cousin who is the same age so looked at the cheapest deal I could get.

The Cheyenne came in a lot cheaper than the other hotels. My granddaughter had her fourth birthday nine days before so she would no longer be able to go on a lap on Eurostar and wouldn't be able to eat for free if I went for the half board option. Always paid for half board before I went apart from the time at the Disneyland Hotel when it was the 'Free meal' deal.

This was a holiday that had to be on the cheap as hadn't budgeted for it and as my daughter had a new baby and didn't want to come, talked my son, who lives with me, to come along to help as he has done on the five previous times. One word of warning, if you are traveling with grandchildren and they haven't got the same surname, do take their birth certificates and a letter of consent which also gives consent for general anaesthetic to be administered if necessary. Customs really do look at the birth certificates both ends and as my daughter isn't married luckily she has my surname on them and two of the French officials were having a conflab and pointed out to each other that my daughter had my surname. When I came back to Ashford International the English customs officer said that they are really cracking down on child trafficking and thanked me for having all the paperwork with me.

I really hadn't given much thought to the Cheyenne and wasn't expecting much and in fact only had a rough idea of where it was as I had noticed a sign pointing in the direction on the path which goes past the New York instead of turning right to go to Sequoia Lodge. We had the Disney Express luggage service so went straight to the Park from the train station and didn't check in till about four. I wasn't expecting, after staying in the previous hotels, to find that it was a complex similar to some of the timeshare complexes I have stayed in America and it comprised of lots of Cowboy Western style buildings. We had trouble finding reception at first as we had cut through from the path and had to ask someone and they said it was beside the pink building with Chuck Wagon painted on it. I was surprised how friendly the reception staff were and luckily we were in Wild Bill Hitchcock building which is right next to it so we didn't have far to go for breakfast even though it seemed an eternity to get to it from the footpath sometimes after midnight and making tired little legs walk as my daughter had said that my granddaughter was too old for a buggy.

I couldn't see a lift as our room 2091 was on the first floor so made use of my son to carry the cases. It was all warm and not at all shabby and our room thrilled my grandchildren and my grandson said he liked the cowboy boot wallpaper in the bathroom. Not generous with the amount of mickey shampoo and conditioner and only soap wrapped in Disney paper which my granddaughter enjoyed unwrapping everyday. Bunged in shampoo and conditioner etc in case so no problem The carpet looked new and I would say it had been newly renovated as it wasn't tired looking at all. They loved the lamp which was a cowboy boot and the carved pine mirror with the cowboy hat and saddle and the patchwork effect duvet cover. They loved the bunk bed and my grandson looked through the hole in the carving. To me the bed seemed too firm but it didn't give me a bad back so maybe that was a good thing, it just seemed like the ultra firm mattresses like I have experienced in hotels in Turkey. There was a pillow missing on one of the bunks but I rang reception and one arrived while we went back to the park, but wished that I had asked for another couple for me and my son who is 28 and 6' tall who slept on the bottom bunk and my granddaughter slept with me. I had packed a travel kettle but there was a kettle already there so wished that I had packed my hairdryer instead as I had to go to get one from reception and put the 25 euros on my debit card but then I had to faff about on the last morning getting the amount debited back when I could have just posted my key in the key drop. There was no mould or paper peeling off the walls and in fact in the New York we had a loo which smelled like the ones in the park at the end of the day, so price is no indication of what you are going to get! I already knew that there would be no tea or coffee as there never is so I had packed a couple of mugs and two in one and three in one coffee/creamer sachets that are one pound for a pack of ten from Poundland and just top up with some cold water to make it drinkable. I had bunged a couple of travel adaptors in the case but maye one of the two pinned ones was a U.S. adaptor but luckily one had the hole for the metal thing that sticks out of the european sockets or we would have been in trouble! I also bought a bottle of squash and three empty water bottles and we used to put some squash in each and fill as needed each one from one of the drinking fountains in the park.

I booked the early slot of 7 o' clock for breakfast even though it was a killer getting up so early, I knew that it would be bedlam with long queues later. At reception they said that if we got there at 7.30 it wouldn't be a problem and one day we did do this but I can tell you that as it was the school holidays even at 7 it was busy although no queue to get in. To be perfectly honest I didn't get to see what there was on offer as my son got me really nice milky coffee and apple juice and the croissants and pan au chocolat and the rolls are just as delicious and the same as you get in the other hotels. On the way through I had spotted a big bowl of yoghurt so got my son to bring me a bowl and a bowl of tinned fruit cocktail. My mission was to make rolls for the park and having done this every time in the other hotels apart from the time at the Disneyland Hotel when we had the meal deal so had the voucher to spend on lunch, I always do this. Trouble is in the Disneyland Hotel and various others you have to have the skill of some sort of shoplifter and you feel embarrassed and have to wait for the staff to look the other way, but at the Cheyenne, they don't give a fig and it is the only place I have blatantly carried out this operation. I have read reviews about disgusting ham, well from memory the ham at the other hotels is probably the nicer dry type of ham but I can tell you now, if you make a roll with President butter one pack per roll, the ham rolls were lovely. Also cut the croissants and filled with a pack of Nutella or rolls with cubes of cheese and salami. Remember to take sandwich bags with you. Sometimes I didn't get around to eating anything and left with a roll with butter and jam and a Nutella croissant in one hand, eating it like an animal as I pulled my granddaughter along to try and get to the Park for the magic hours.

It might not be important at any other time but the Magic hours are important when it is school holidays as you can get to go on Buzz Lightyear and some of the other rides before the nightmare 85 minute queues. We actually waited for one hour to get on Pirates of the Caribbean but in the evening when everyone is waiting to get a good viewpoint for the 20 year celebration show you can get on with no queue at all and in fact a couple of times they asked if we wanted to stay on.

A good place to eat your rolls especially when it is cold is in Videopolis where you can watch cartoons and sit on benches at the front or in Makuna Matata if it is a quiet time and you buy a drink they turned a blind eye to us eating our own things. Every time you bought a coffee or chocolate etc you were given a voucher for a free coffee or chocolate at various Disney eating places and a good idea if you can would be to buy individually as you are given one voucher with your receipt whether you are buying one drink or half a dozen, and it can be used after 3pm to I think 6pm.

After a disastrous McDonalds where we thought we were being clever, beating the crowds before dinner time on the first day and all the chips were stone cold and we couldn't be bothered to go downstairs and line up and complain as we were starving, we ate at the Earl of Sandwich. We had a hot dog in the park from Casey's and nothing to write home about so we tended to eat our rolls that unlike Disneyland in Florida don't raise an eyebrow from security when they search your bag at the entrance and then Earl of Sandwich in the evening on the way back to the Cheyenne, sometimes after 11pm when the firework light show has finished. The kids liked the kids meal and if they weren't hungry would share the hamburger size hot toasted peanut butter and jelly or pizza bap as it comes cut in half and came with a drink and a tub of mini brownies. We tried to get through all the different rolls and they are really filling and delicious and as they are cut in half we went half and half of the different ones and less than 6 euros each. Not usually such a cheapskate but I told the grandkids that the money I didn't spend on food I would let them choose something from the Disney shop on the last day and I would rather do that than pay the extortionate price for food in the Park.

If you are going for the 20 year anniversary firework show it really is spectacular but I didn't realise that it was also a light show where the castle has Peter Pan etc, and all weird and wonderful light show projections going on that you can only see from the very front. We sat at an angle on the stone benches at the side and missed a lot the first time.People get their place sometimes an hour before it starts but that is the time to zoom around the rides like Pirates of the Caribbean, and if you are a bit far back and you have a good view as the show starts everyone puts their kids on their shoulders and you can't see half of the castle. We did the same and I had a sleeping granddaughter fast asleep lolloping all over the place and it was agony! The show is spectacular though and one of the best things I have seen.

To sum up, would I go to the Cheyenne again? Without a doubt! When I was trudging in the rain and cold (we hadn't the patience to find the shuttle), I would have loved to have been staying in the Disneyland Hotel but would I be prepared to spend practically double? No way! I know it doesn't have a pool but at the end of a long day the last thing we would feel like doing was going for a swim, we had trouble putting one foot in front of the other! If money was no object then of course Disneyland Hotel with the fabulous food and the smell of honey, but if it means you can go twice instead of once then Cheyenne every time. It must be lovely in the summer and has such a lovely feel about it like a Western, Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia and totally unique. If you are worried about how far it is away from the Parks, it really isn't much further than walking to Newport Bay if you walked around the lake past Sequoia Lodge as we had to when they closed the direct footpath for maintenance. I know when my youngest grandchild is old enough to appreciate it I will be looking to go to Cheyenne again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Okay for a hotel. Breakfast is a buffet served in a barn-like restaurant - no hot food! Rooms are comfortable and quiet, however they are starting to show wear and tear. Close to Disneyland Paris - so made getting there easier.

Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in November. we had a 3 year old and my 61 year old mum and we all did enjoy the Wild West theme. The fact we were away from the main reception became a bind as we had to walk every morning to have breakfast (not good when its raining) breakfast wasnt really a breakfast as there was nothing hot served. milk for cereal ran out pretty qiuck the 2nd morning. I will say their hot chocolate was delicous!! Our room was very roomy and served its purpose. the double bed was comfy but we had to have 2 pillows (luckly we only had 1 child in our room and my mum had none so we could use the spare pillows) our son slept well in his bottom bunk. There was no kettle so either bring a travel one or you'll be looking at 25 EUROS to hire one, also bring tea/coffee/sugar as they arent supplied either (7 EUROS to buy from reception) The shower was delightful, so good infact I had to make my husband get out!! :) Housekeeping came both mornings and changed the towels and made up the beds but they never spoke a word of english so was difficult communicating. all in all we had a very pleasant stay. But wouldnt stay again as the '2 star' rating was on balance too low for us.

Room Tip: if you want to be near the path to get to Disney Village/The Parks quicker ask for Sundance blook.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was a little apprehensive about my stay at hotel Cheyenne after I read some of the other reviews on here. But there was no need to be. I stayed here with my wife from the 26/10/12 and had an amazing time.

When we arrived we were greeted by a very helpful member of the staff and checked in swiftly. We were given all the information that we needed, and they were able to help us with answering a few questions we had. We stayed on the second floor of the soaring eagle building. The room was brilliant. The bathroom was stocked with new soap and shampoo everyday and the bin was changed everyday. There was hot water all day (well in the morning, at about 5-6pm and 10pm. These were the only times we really used the bath/shower). We didn't have any use of the bunk beds so I have no comment on them. The double bed was really comfortable, not too hard, not too soft. And the pillows were nice as well. The tv had a few channels but hey if your going to Disneyland to sit on a bed and watch tv then you kinda have to question why you even picked to go there in the first place. The window opened and closed, which was handy as on the first day it was warm ish, but on the second day it was very cold. So the heater came in useful as well. The hotel is amazing. It is themed all over. Me and my wife bought cowboy hats and pretend guns, and had shoot outs (you can tell why we chose Disneyland haha). The walk to the park is a mere 15 minutes, which is really nice and can be quite at times. It's also quicker to walk as the bus does sometimes take a while and gets packed.
The breakfast isnt anything to rave about, but also not worth complaining about. There was plenty of it. Things like Croissants, bread! Pan au chocolat, cheese, ham and cereals. There was tea coffee and hot chocolate and apple and orange juice. Be warned the juices run out all the time. A quick tip, if you want a table dont go to get your food first, find a table. Put your coats on the back of the seats, maybe a drink or too, then get your food. We done this everyday and they never fit moved. And no one complained. So it obviously didn't bother anyone. The restaurant is themed the same and is lovely. But yes overcrowded at times. Have a little patience and you will be fine.

The bar is great. I felt like I was in the wild west. Wood burning fire, great music, and great hospitality. What more could you ask for from a bar/pub? And it was never really packed. We could always find a table with ease.
The gift shop was fine. Always stocked and you could get all the essentials like baby wipes and an adaptor ect. The only thing that spoiled the Disney magic for me was the fact that there is a big durex box behind the til. So kinda spoils it. But that's one minor moan. And only because I'm a massive Disney magic fan.
The extra magic hours are worth it for two maybe three days, but after that, it's kinda pointless as there are only a few rides, and the only que your really beating is the 10 o'clock que at the main gates.

Whilst we were there we also went to disneys terroristic night. Which was amazing. Sheer perfection. I'm not one for scary things, but even I loved it. The costumes and make up on the cast members was out of this world (literally). I would recommend it to anyone who is going next October as it is brilliant.

Overall a perfect stay. Thanks Disneyland and hotel Cheyenne.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dudley, West Mids
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed here for four nights during October. Check-in was speedy and efficient enough, and the theme of the hotel and surrounding buildings made the kids feel they'd come to the Wild West!

ROOM: The room is small, but adequate, with enough storage space. Bathroom was good with a decent shower. Shampoo / soap is limited so as you'd probably expect, bring your own. The double bed and bunk beds were all comfy and we all slept well every night. The room's decor is good and very cowboyish. There's a small TV with limited channels, but that's not really an issue for obvious reasons. There is a safe in the room which is appreciated, especially as unlike many other European hotels, there is no additional charge to use it. However, if like me you appreciate a morning / evening cuppa in your room, you may be disappointed. There is a kettle....but no tea / coffee etc...They are available from reception for...wait for it...7 euros 10! Needless to say I didn't use it! It's things like this that put you off. Take note Disney!

SERVICE: All the staff were friendly and courteous, including the reception, information and luggage desks. Rooms were cleaned every day and the beds made.

FOOD: Breakfast was mediocre at best. Taking heed of others experiences, we opted for a 0730 sitting just to beat the crowds. The one time we did oversleep, we arrived at 8am and had to walk around three times just to find a table! Cereals (limited), toast, croissants and of course ham and cheese(!) are available, as well as tinned fruit. Juices are limited to orange and apple and tea and coffee are available from the machines (beware those who have no concept of queuing!). It all got a bit samey after a couple of days and felt too competitive to enjoy the meal. Do yourself a favour and upgrade one morning to eat at Cafe Mickey's for a much better breakfast (i.e. bacon, sausages, potatoes, fresh tropical fruit), and character experience.
I can't comment on dinner as at something like 25 euros for a buffet, I wasn't prepared to pay it!

PERKS: The obvious one is the two extra hours guests get in the park first thing. But we found we didn't need to do that every day as there's only a certain amount of rides open anyway, and we all appreciated a lie-in!
The other thing is the hotel boutique. Convenient but not exclusive and the best thing is probably being able to have items delivered there in the evening that you've purchased earlier in the parks.

All in all, this hotel is 'OK', but I would recommend either paying a bit more for one of the better Disney hotels or alternatively, staying at one of the hotels on the perimeter.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Euro Disney trip 29 October 1st Nov 2012.

The Cheyenne Hotel is a great budget hotel
Clean rooms - towels changed daily & Safes in all the rooms .
Breakfast included - make the most of the continental breakfast included in the price .
Bare in mind it's an early start - our breakfast times were 7.30am to 7.15 am on some days . Cold peppered luncheon meat slices, sliced ham , cubed cheese , bread to toast , yoghurt , cereals , fruit juice, tea & coffee.
There are pain au chocolat , croissants & mini baguettes *
* TIP - we told the kids to eat well at breakfast as prices in the park aren't cheap ( 3.50 euro for a coffee) the biggest best value coffee is from one of the trailer / mobile style hotdog stand vendors . The best value for money was out side Armagedon , just to the right.
At Breakfast we made our kids make their LUNCH- we made the kids fill up the mini baguettes with meat , nuttella or what ever they wanted , wrapped them in a napkin and had a small ruck sack to put them in. ( all the French fans lies were doing it. Big Money saver!!! We did the same for the trip home .

If you stay in a Disney Hotel you can get in the park at 8 am . General paying public go in at 10am .
So go on the free bendy bus from your hotel , get to the park and go straight to the ride you want ( Disney studios doesn't open till 10 am every day) we went on Space mountain 4 times from 8 am , no queuing !!!
But be prepared to wait upto 50 mins when the park is open and busy .

Fast Passes - your entrance ticket can get you a fast pass . Go to the ride you are looking to go on . Near there will be a Machine , swipe your pass and get a ticket with a time on it ie at 10am we sent one of our kids off to get Aerosmith ticket fast passes while we queued at another ride . We got a pass for 11.30 , with a 15 minute window time . The go in a separate entrance for fart pass holders !! Brilliant idea .
There is another thing if there are younger kids and one patent gas to look after them , while the other goes on the ride . Get your fast passes . Go to the entrance tell entrance guy that you want a baby swap ticket . One parent rides , comes out , swap over looking after the little one and the other parent goes on a fast pass ; straight in ;)))

Evening Meals - to avoid lengthy queues and grumpy hungry kids . Go to reservations ( just after you go under the disney hotel in the bandstand area . You can look down main street at the Disney castle , the office is to your left)
They can access all the restaurant table booking systems . A must if you have a big party like us ( 12 people)
It's a completely free service and they are brilliant .

Language - rudimentary French is a good thing , but don't worry if you are a bit rusty.
All the staff can speak English, if your French isn't up to scratch.

The stunt show is fantastic - lasts 45 mins and is great for all ages . We all went together and were thoroughly gob smacked .
A brilliant experience !!!

Enjoy ;))))?
Ps ( don't pay a fortune for all the ride photo' s . Use your smart phone and take a photo of the screen afterwards)

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Disney's Hotel Cheyenne? Share your experiences!