“Excellent value ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Hotel Santa Fe

You added Disney's Hotel Santa Fe to your Saves list
Disney's Hotel Santa Fe
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Disneyland Resort | B.P. 115, 77777 Marne-la-Vallee, France   |
Ranked #9 of 54 Hotels in Marne-la-Vallee
Bournemouth
“Excellent value ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Santa Fe for 4 nights and cannot fault any aspect of it for the price we paid. If you want high quality decor and furniture then book the 4 or 5 star hotels but if you are looking for somewhere comfortable and clean to stay and would rather spend your money in the parks then I highly recommend this hotel. Breakfast is busy but we made the effort to get there by 7.45am and managed to get a table each morning (it opens at 7am). The staff were very helpful both in the restaurant and at reception. We took the shuttle bus once from the hotel to the parks however it became apparent very quickly that it was quicker to walk (15 minutes) along the river/lake and we opted to do that instead. We had a lovely time and I would definitely book this hotel again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Turkish first
Brentwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We have just returned from this hotel following a 4 night stay. This really offers value for money. Room was a good size and was comfortable for our family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children age 4 & 1) our son is Cars mad so he loved the theming in the hotel and room. Breakfast was a bit chaotic but we found tables ok. The courtesy bus was a scrum to say the least but they are frequent and we learnt to stand our ground! You can walk to the parks which is about 10/15 minutes we generally did the walk in the evening back as the buses were extremely busy. The buffet in the hotel is reasonable and offered tex mex food along with the usual pizza, chips etc. We had the standard half board and used the two buffet restaurants in the Disney park both of which are ok. We decided to have dinner one night in king ludwigs castle which was woeful and not worth the money.
Overall we were really pleased we chose to stay here and would return in the future.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Selby, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed for 3 nights at the hotel and it has everything you need. The themed room was a hit with my daughter and was comfortable. We ate in the buffet restaurant one evening and the food was good and there was a good variety. A little bit pricey for a buffet but we expected that with it been a Disney hotel. The shop was fairly well stocked and the staff were friendly. There is a garage literally right next door if you want to stock up on cheaper snacks/drinks.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel this weekend just gone with my boyfriend and two friends. We had to share one room as the prices for Disneyland are through the roof.
We expected a poor quality hotel as this is one of the lower end hotels apparently but I must say I was pleasantly surprised to find this hotel to be of good quality, the breakfast was fine had croissants, bread rolls, toast, cereals etc and hot and cold drinks.

The room itself was lovely, it had a Cars theme. The beds were comfy, the shower was good, the only problem we had were the walls were thin and we had a particularly noisy neighbour who's child was rather loud at 3/4am every morning! Not what you need after being knackered from walking round the parks all day!!!

All in all good hotel, friendly staff, close to the parks. The only downfall is the price and how extremely busy Disneyland is!

Would visit again if prices dropped.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My boyfriend and i arrived at the Sante Fe after a 13 hour bus journey so you can imagine that we just wanted a bath and bed! Unfortunately there was no hot water, i complained at reception and was told i would have to wait 2 hours to get water - around 12am. After further complaint i was told this would be sorted sooner but it wasn't. The hotel reception staff were pretty nonchalant but we didn't have any other encounters with them.

Breakfast in the morning was chaotic, so much so that we didn't bother with it on the second day. (The serving and cleaning staff for breakfast are lovely).

The beds were ridiculously comfortable, i had to be dragged out of them on a dark cold wet morning and when we finally did get hot water the shower and the bath were lovely. The first night however i was incredibly cold and slept in a vest hoody and my own fleecey blanket and was still cold under the quilts, other nights after a hot bath to warm you through it wasn't a problem!

The hotel worked for us because we used it as a base, we left at 8 in the morning and got in around 12 at night. It's really hard to spoil the magic of Disney Land which essentially what you are there for and it was so, so magical at Christmas time. I have also stayed at the Newport Bay and disregarding the food, for the amount of time you spend in the hotel there is little difference and we both agreed we would not hesitate to return to the Sante Fe again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Accommodation - we stayed at the hotel Santa Fe - the reception area was crowded people wondering about looking for help to their questions but we got our key - only one key - not enough and went to our room. The blocks of accommodation were ok rooms were clean and comfortable with cheerful cars decoration - the beds were so comfy - one thing that let it down was the "landscaped gardens " around the block itself - I think it was meant to look like desert but in fact looked like it hadn't been taken care of at all
Continental breakfast - the dining for this hotel was very large and crowded with queues to get food - most we waited was 10 minutes - it was what you would expect from continental breakfast and actually it was all very tasty
Shuttle service to the Disney parks/village - free from the front of the hotel - depending what time you went for the shuttle you may possibly have got to the parks safely - I travelled with a 5 year old child and an 82 year old lady and they were pushed, shoved and trampled on the first time we used the bus, it was actually a very frightening experience. we thought it safer to get a taxi to the parks at a cost of 20 euros each way - I have to say that of all the encounters of shoving and general ignorance throughout our stay came from the French visitors to the park be careful they are ruthless in getting what they want and do not care about queue jumping and being rude to you and physically pushing you out of their way !!
Food outlets - we dined at Annette's - an American diner style eatery in the Disney village on our first evening - good choice of burgers etc great atmosphere and value for money, clean toilets we really enjoyed it there immensely !! - the only other big meal we had at Disney was at cafe Mickey that we pre booked before the trip- my advice for cafe Mickey - AVOID AVOID AVOID !!firstly there were seats in the main restaurant but we were seated in a tent like extension and the sound of the heavy rain hitting the plastic roof was so loud - 43 euros for adult 3 course meal - minimal options I had a burger that I asked to be well done it came out still mooing I sent it back they sent out another that was just as pink - nan had veal that came out as a big tough block of meat that no normal eating knife could cut through yet we were offered no steak knife - the children's menu was abysmal - choice of two starters which were vegetable soup or quails eggs with tomatoes - quails eggs for kids ? Really ??? my girl opted for the soup which arrived lukewarm and it was a bland tomato soup at best - she wanted a children's cocktail - at 11 Euros I was hesitant but thought for that money it would be nice - it was a plastic cup filled with a fruit juice with a lid on top and a normal bendy straw it did have a little tinker bell clip on it but it looked nothing like a cocktail - the toilets there were disgusting absolutely filthy - the characters came to greet us and that was nice but I must say it was possibly the worst dining experience of my entire life and the 180 euros that it cost me to dine there with my family would have been better spent elsewhere - even mcdonalds !!!
The parks - the main park is absolutely amazing - clean and very pretty around christmas time it really does take your breath away when you walk into the park.every single member of staff that we encountered were so friendly - a real credit to Disney they were. I couldn't really say anything bad about the park apart from one thing - not enough places to get a cup of hot chocolate from and sit in with a cake - the bake shop on Main Street was so so packed there was plenty of seating outside but it was pouring down with rain - can I ask why big umbrellas are not put up on rainy days so that the outdoor tables can be used ? Too many shops to buy Disney articles and not enough shops to get a drink and sit with it. My nan at 82 needed to sit and have five minutes . again a French lady was taking up a whole table her family had gone outside for a cigarette. they had finished their beverages and snacks when I asked if she had now finished with her table after 20 minutes of not re ordering or anything she told me she was waiting there for the parade to start - 45 minutes later - it was so heavily raining that we decided to come back to the hotel therefore we missed the castle fireworks display completely and we were absolutely gutted - so Disney on rainy days get the big umbrellas up over your outdoor seating area !! You are not geared up enough for wet weather.
We went into the studios but again it was so heavily raining that we left - it looked amazing what we saw of it though !!
Summary - would I come here again ?
Yes - in summer
What would I do differently ?
The way we traveled - we came by coach from stoke on trent and it was horrific far to long -
Not go for the popular eateries like cafe Mickey that were so very very disappointing - I would use cheaper alternatives
Bring more money with me - mainly because we spent over 80 euros on taxis from our hotel to the park because the buses are too dangerous- well the rude swines pushing you to get on them are anyway !!
Be more vigilant and not be pushed around by the French tourists.
Consider paying more to upgrade on the hotel.
My rating on this trip advisor page would have been higher but the shuttle buses and especially cafe Mickey really have let Disney down !!

• Stayed December 2014
Wrexham, Wales, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The room was overlooking the river and had a theme from Disney's Cars! I travelled with my friend so we were able to have a double bed each which we could stretch out in after running round the parks like idiots :)

The safe didn't work and we couldn't work out how to turn on the lamp but the bath and shower were good, plenty of towels and shower gel.

The evening buffet had a great choice and we were stuffed but the choice at breakfast was limited and the chocolate croissants ran out quickly! The following night we ate at the Cheyenne hotel and the food there was of a slightly higher standard with a larger selection of desserts (both had the most delicious chocolate mousse!). We pre-booked both restaurants when we checked in at Reception as we couldn't get through to the phone number given on-line for pre-booking, but we got the times we wanted.

We stayed at the park until 7:30pm to watch the light show and booked the table for 8:15 which was plenty of time to get the shuttle bus back, get showered and changed.

Room Tip: Wi-fi is available for free in the lobby. We had a first floor room at the back of the complex and i...