“Cute hotel in Disneyland” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Hotel Santa Fe

You added Disney's Hotel Santa Fe to your Saves list
Disney's Hotel Santa Fe
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Disneyland Resort | B.P. 115, 77777 Marne-la-Vallee, France   |
Ranked #9 of 54 Hotels in Marne-la-Vallee
London, United Kingdom
“Cute hotel in Disneyland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed from 4th-6th March.
I've booked a package holiday with my boyfriend to celebrate his birthday in Disneyland and we stayed in Santa Fe Hotel.
I must say, this hotel was so cute when we walked into the rooms, the Cars themed room was just so nice that I smiled as soon as I walked in.
The staff at check in desk were very friendly and helpful. He made sure we understood everything in regards of the breakfast, early hours pass, the usage of the Disney tickets, and most of all, where to go to meet the Disney characters- Cafe Mickey!
The hotel itself provided us with towels, shower gel and soap.
There were set times for breakfast to avoid over crowding. Breakfast was a buffet style with all you can eat bread, ham, cheese, cornflakes with tea, coffee and juices.
Certain hours in the morning, Disney caracters will be at the hotel lobby to take photographs! Make sure you dont miss out. Definitely recommended this hotel because at a good price, its very close of just 10mins walk to Disney parks and also this hotel provides a free shuttle bus.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Turkish first
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I stayed here during the February midterm with my 2 children. We got the VEA from CDG airport and was really lucky not to miss it. Our flight arrived at 8 and last VEA leaves at 8.45 but it took ages to get our bags and when we did, the walk was really long to the bus stop, we ran the whole way and bus driver was just about to pull out when we catched it. We were so lucky as we didnt want to pay for taxi after already paying for VEA with our disneyland package. So just a warning for anyone arriving late to the airport.

The bus dropped us to the door outside reception. As we were late arriving there was no queue and we were checked in quickly. Our room was so new and clean. We were in block 58, i think, on ground floor. It was a good location and not much of a walk to hotel or bus stop. We had our room cleaned daily and new shampoo etc replaced. Phone in room to call reception to ask about anything or make reservations for dinner. I would recommend phoning before you arrive as dinner booked out very fast, espically in cafe mickey.

The hotel only does an all you can eat menu in the evenings which really didnt suit, my son was hungry the night we arrived and only wanted a slice or two of pizza. We were told it was €26 euro per adult and €14 per child so I'd have to pay €55 and there was no other choice as they didnt have a set menu. This would be ok if we were all hungry but expensive for 2 slices of pizza.

Breakfast wasnt great, very little choice, long queues and alot of walking around to get a table.

The queues for the bus was long aswell but if you didnt get on the first one, another one would arrive in a few minutes and you'd get on that no problem. The bus dropped you at the bus stop closest to the parks which was good.

The only other thing was the safe in the room!! I locked it in the morning before going to the parks and went back to double check, so Im 100% sure it was locked with our secret password. I was worried as I had read reviews on this about money missing from their safe and rooms. I returned to the room and guess what, the safe door was wide open but thankfully nothing got taken!! We took all our money and passports with us to the parks for the rest of our holiday. I also locked the door again to check if the safe was faulty and opening by itself but it never opened without entering our code!?

The hotel has a shop which sells souveniers, clothes and toys which is the same as the parks. It also has sweets and drinks etc. I bought 2 small fantas and a tiny carton of milk with a straw and it cost around 8 euros, but there is a petrol station nearby which I'm sure would be a bit cheaper. There is also a small arcade in the hotel.

The staff was very friendly except for a few at breakfast.

For the price I paid I thought it was very good value for money. The safe was the only thing I wasn't very happy with, but I really enjoyed our holiday. I love Disneyland and hopefully will return some time soon. I will probalby try a different hotel next time, but I will stick with a Disney hotel. However I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a cheap hotel in Disneyland.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Have just got back from staying at the santa fe.. We stayed 3rd-7th March...upon arrival was a nightmare trying to find a parking space.. Check in was quick and easy.. We found the block ok as was driving around finding a space,we was in block 33 room 331.. Room was nice with too double bed in,nice and clean.. We booked breakfast for 9am and was a nightmare, the first day was ok after queuing up for half hour.. The food was nice, cereal,ham,rolls,very limited selection.... On our last day we got fed up as went in and ended up walking around for 10 minutes trying to find a table,in the end we gave up and got the train to mcdonalds at disney village.. Id advise people to take some rolls and bits for lunch as that will save you alot of money...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thatcham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

This was our first familoy trip to Disneyland package and it was excellent. As a family of 5 we didn't have every Disney hotel as an option for us and the difference in price between the Disneyland Hotel and Santa Fe was around £5,000!! The Disney Express service on the Eurostar taking our bags to the hotle whilst we expolred the park was great, especially seeing people entering the park with their luggage in tow. We found all the staff polite, very well spoken English and friendly. The room was clean, new looking and was well cleaned every day of our stay. I was shocked at how busy the restaurant got at breakfast time and we made sure we got up early and were in the restaurant by 7.30am every day. On some days there was a very long queue to get into the restaurant as we were leaving. The bus shuttle was regular and convenient, not everyone queues and again the buses were very busy and some days it was a scramble to make sure all 5 of us got onto the same bus. We were lucky with the weather, leaving floods and storms in England to really pleasant weather for February in Disneyland. The queues for the rides and attractions were tolerable (with the exception of the Princess pavillion) and we found it hard to book into the restaurant of our choice some nights so would advise the pre-booking from the UK (I will definately do this next trip). As a family of 5 we had 2 inter-connecting rooms, meaning 2 bathrooms which was an added bonus. 1 room had a double sofa bed, the other a double bed and double sofa bed.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We have just returned home after a 4night stay in this hotel. My family of 2.adults and 2children aged 3 & 5 had a great time. Check in was quick & simple. Our room was in block 45 which was a small walk from the reception and right beside the river. Room was fine size 2 double beds , safe , tv with English news channels and Disney channels.powerful shower. Rooms cleaned and beds changed daily. No kettle in room but available from reception for no additional charge. Garage right outside the main entrance to hotel handy for snacks,milk etc. 10 minutes walk from hotel into park along the river. Breakfast was a bit busy at the times we picked but always found a seat and always plenty of food. Lots of fresh croissants and pain au chocolat, rolls meats cheese fruits & cereals. Fresh juice, nice tea and coffee also available! Characters in reception every morning from 8-11am and always a different character so great for filling in their autograph books. Fast pass tickets are great also for the family-friendly rides so no longs queues with the younger children. No complaints at all. Would definitely stay here again and would have no problem recommending to others.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
South East England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Santa Fe in September 2012 before the refurbishment was complete. It did a job then but I wasn't hugely impressed but decided we'd give it another go after getting a great deal for February 2014.

We stayed for 5 nights in Block 53, room 27. The refurbishment of the whole hotel is now finished and I am pleased to say that it is much improved. The buildings look fresh and the rooms are decorated in a 'Cars' theme. The rooms have fun features like 'traffic cone' lights and lamp shades, chequered flag bathroom tiles and bed covers with Lightning McQueen and Mater on them.

The rooms were cleaned and beds made daily and there was a kettle in the room. We walked to the Disney parks every day to avoid the shuttle buses and it took approximately 15 minutes to get to the entrances from our room. There are free shuttle buses but we decided not to use them.

There's a petrol station with small shop just outside the entrance to the hotel, where the drinks and snacks are cheaper than on site or in the parks. The bar serves good snack type meals; we had a ham & cheese baguette with crisps one evening and was reasonably priced & tasty. There is also free wifi in the bar and reception.

Breakfast wasn't nearly as bad as it had been on our previous trip - it was busy but there was plenty of fresh food and we didn't have to wait to find a table in the morning.

All in all, I would recommend for a budget trip and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again :)

luton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

First time we have vistited Euro disney. Drove from eurotuneel, which was very easy. Very well signposted.
Wasn't keen booking this hotel as it was car themed and I have two girls who don't like cars.
However when we arrived & they saw where we were all of my worries lifted by their smiling faces.
Booking in was quick, easy & had such excellent staff who explained everything so clearly we didn't have to ask anything.
We stayed in Sally the block of rooms furthest away from reception which was perfect actually as they had lots of parking that end. The room was colorful, lots of storage, clean & better than what I thought.Got our free mickey shampoo & soap. Girls were so excited, it was if they suddenly liked cars!
Having read reviews before I went, I took in my own kettle & mini fridge as this saved us ££ on hot drinks. You can hire a kettle & basket of tea/ coffee etc at 7 euros or in our block of rooms there was a hot drinks vending machine which was around 2 euros a drink. As all four of us like hot drinks this would have worked out expensive over our 3 day stay. As the trip was a surprise for our girls I made them Disney goody bags each. It had toiletries, games, books. Things they could use while on holiday and play in the room while we were winding down getting ready for bed. The games came in useful when the TV stopped working one night. There were no major issues wrong in the room except 2 minor things. We were given 2 double beds, had to push one right against the wall so one child couldn't fall out of bed. The walls are a bit thin as you can hear noise from next door, but as everyone has kids who get up pretty much the same time, its not a big deal unless you decide to have a lay in. After a few day you may NEED to! Room was cleaned everyday with fresh towels but if you want to hide valuables when the cleaners come in there is a safe you can use.
Buffet breakfast was included in the price. Croissants, yogurts, bread rolls, hams, cheese, cereals, toast. It is a bit of a mad rush, I don't know why as there is so much food. Never had to wait for anything to be restocked. Getting a seat you may need to wait but no longer than 5 minutes.We went at different times of the morning each day. 7.00, 7.30 & 8.00 each day was just as busy. As it was eat as much as you like I took extra bread rolls ham, cheese & made sandwiches at breakfast. I bought a lunch box & stored them in there and we ate them in between rides.
We saw Pluto at reception & our girls had a picture with him. Only waited 15 minutes which wasn't too bad.
The free shuttle bus to & from the park was excellent. Comes every 10 minutes & then your there is less than 5 minutes. Glad you don't have to walk!
Overall our stay was very pleasant, it wasn't the princess hotel, but hey it was a place to rest after long days and basically that's all we needed.We didn't have time to use the games room and we didn't eat lunch/ dinner here as we decided to eat in the park each night. Our girls loved it and asked if we can go back, so after this trip when we come back we will be staying at Santa Fe again. Thank you for the great stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Hotel Santa Fe? Share your experiences!