“I don't think it's worth the money.” 3 of 5 stars

Disney's Newport Bay Club
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   B.P. 113, 0 Marne-la-Vallee, France   |
Ranked #18 of 54 Hotels in Marne-la-Vallee
Northern Ireland
“I don't think it's worth the money.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Just back from a 3 night/4 day stay in this hotel, traveled with my daughter, boyfriend and younger sister and while I thought it was okay, it definitely was not worth all the money spent on that hotel! Check-in was quick, when we arrived Pluto and goofy were about so my daughter got her picture with them and Pluto kept sneaking up on me and scaring me, all in the name of fun! We got our tickets straight away to head over to the parks but had been travelling all night so didn't really do anything, just went for a bit of a walk then headed back to the bar for some very over priced drinks. When we finally did get our room key, it didn't work so had to walk all the way down to reception to find out they had gave us the wrong room number (I don't know how) then go find our room. When we got there, there wasn't even a kettle and we were on the Admirals floor, and the view was terrible! We went for a little nap and got up about 5 to go get some food and go to the parks as they were open until 10 and when my daughter opened the door to go out she started shouting "mummy mummy look it's Mickey Mouse"... It was in fact an actual mouse just outside our door!, 5 floors up! I don't do well with mice so my boyfriend went out to try and chase it away and go down to complain and when he did they didn't do anything.
So then we proceeded to go on to get some dinner in Disney village which cost us over 40 euros for things we could get for less than 10 pound here at home! People were very ignorant and kept pushing my child out of their way, and she has only turned 3!
The queues in the parks were actually good! Never had to wait more than 10 minutes for anything except to go to meet Mickey Mouse but that could be expected! The parades and firework shows were amazing!
The walks to and from the parks are okay, but very tiring especially if you've been walking about all day and if its very cold and wet, and you do get sick of it after the first few times.
Also, on the 2nd day we had the 'do not disturb' sign up on our door as we didn't want the room cleaned because we had most of our stuff lying about the room as I was trying to get things sorted and while we were in there doing that one of the maids just walked on in, even though we had the sign up and was very snappy at us!
As I'd read previous reviews to go early for breakfast, I'd booked our time for 7:30 and never had to wait to be seated, we were always just taken straight in and there was a good selection of food for breakfast.
The bathroom was okay, limescale around the handle bar bit and also in the toilet, but always had hot water thank god!

All in all, I loved the holiday even if it was extremely cold, but at least it hardly rained. I would love to go back but it wouldn't be to this hotel, it's very over-priced for a very average hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a nice view! Go down to breakfast early! Bring crisps, drinks etc. with you (I h...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We recently returned from Disneyland Paris and stayed at the Newport Bay, the staff were very accomodating, the room and hotel were clean. The Hotel is very close to the park (approx 10 mins).
Breakfast was croissants, bread rolls, cereal, ham, jam etc. Simple and filling.
If we go back next year we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I was apprehensive after reading several other reviews. I need not have worried. We travelled to Newport Bay Hotel last Thursday, returning today. The hotel was great, fantastic reception and check-in, smooth and seamless. Staff very friendly & helpful.
Room great! Yes, only 1 bed (kingsize), but we only required one. Very clean, well kept room. Bathroom dated, but very clean, fully functioning & copious amounts of hot water! What more can you ask for?!
Breakfast was very good for a large continental Buffett. Again, staff excellent. My Dad has recently been diagnosed with Coelliac Disease, this was well accommodated when staff were informed.
Bar had good service, all overpriced, but it's Disney & what do people expect?!
Check-out also seamless. Airport bus on time, good transfers.

Regarding the park, very busy on weekends. Need to book breakfast before 8am.
The parks were full of rude people pushing and shoving, spitting on the floor, smoking in public areas and chavs galore!! Not what I really expected from Disney.
Very disappointed that Space Mountain was out of action for the whole trip!!
Restaurants varied greatly. Best food (but expensive) was Waltz, on Main Street. Worst food by far was the Blue Lagoon (Pirates of the Carribean), very expensive, poor food, cheap quality and made 3 of our party of 6 ill!!! I would never return to that restaurant!!
Take lots of money for the overpriced food & drinks!!

Generally a good holiday, could have been better, but could have been worse. Hotel great, we had 3 separate rooms (1 on Admirals floor and 2 on standard floor) all rooms were fine, no complaints. You're only there to sleep after all.
I would definately stay in this hotel again. I will probably return to EuroDisney, but not for a few years in the hope that there will be some new rides and attractions.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Newport bay hotel nov 12 th , with my husband & 2 sons age 8 & 13,
Check Inn i have to say was very efficient & very informative , but we walked over to concierge to book shows & restaurant's during our stay & the woman was quite rude, and unhelpful .
We entered our room and first of all the safe was not working ,and having had our room ransacked 8 years ago in the disney land hotel , meant I had to take passports , phones money etc etc , all with me round the park , we did report it & nothing was done .
We had a lovely day round the parks only to come back & find the tv did not work either , waited 1 hour for it to be fixed & this happened all 3 nights of our stay , we would come back to the room & they would send an engineer up , 2nd night 40 min wait and 3 rd night 30 mins , we asked to see the manager who offered the kids teddy's as compensation , quite pathetic for a 13 year old .
The bathroom had wallpaper falling off every where, grime all in the shower & the toilet blocked ,I can honestly say this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in .
Room service consisted of sandwiches & 1 pasta dish which we ordered & guess what took 1 hour & arrived cold
On our last night we went to silver spur restaurant in frontier land , possibly the worst service ever & when our steaks or should I say plate of fat arrived I had had enough & complained to the manager , he took 25% off the bill , we tried to get on space mountain & it was closed till dec7 th , no information about this on web & 2 off the other big rides continually kept on closing due to technical problems .
Went to meet Mickey Mouse and queued for half an hour only to be told Mickey had finished , why let people queue if they are not going to see the characters , they need to stop people queuing if this is the case .
I want to first say the kids absolutely loved the parks but the hotels , staff & restaurants would make Walt disney turn in his grave , positively shocking .

Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed at the Newport Bay for 2 nights having got the ferry from Portsmouth (to Caen). It was a 3 and a bit hour drive and we arrived at the hotel around 11-ish in the morning ready to hit the park.

The room was available upon arrival, and was large with a balcony (Admiral floor). Breakfast was toast, ham, croissants, cheese and cereals. The hotel is about a 10/15minute walk to the park entrances, through Disney village (shops, restaurants, starbucks etc)

Mickey visits the hotel at 8, 9 and 10 o'clock where you can queue to have your photo taken with him - like anything, be prepared for a long wait especially at weekends!

Overall a great place to stay and would happily return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wishing I was somewhere else
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Bright and airy and above all clean and modern rooms. Lovely staff and very knowledgeable and helpful. Added to the magic of Disney. Would recommend this place. We were welcomed at reception and given directions to out 5th floor room. We quickly freshened up and made our way to the Disney Studios. A quick tip-do not ride Crush's Coaster after lunch!

Room Tip: Ask for balcony with view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

We are just back after a fantastic stay at Newport bay hotel . After reading other trip advisor reviews I was skeptical and uneasy about having booked this particular hotel but how wrong they were. The hotel is spectacular!! Huge magical and very very Disney. The staff from check in to check out were so helpfull abd friendly . Rooms very clean and nautical themed which my 3 boys loved.Rooms serviced daily and toiletries/towels refreshed . The restaurant for dinner and breakfast was busy but comfortable with lots af staff on duty. The buffet was replenished constantly and there was a big choice for any picky eaters in your group. The Disney village is a 5 minute stroll from the back door of the hotel and even when little legs are tired after a say in the parks it's a pleasure not to have shuttle bussesand queued etc to contend with just a quick stroll.
Ignore the bad reviewers . They are not talking about this hotel!!

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Disney's Newport Bay Club? Share your experiences!