“Nice but very expensive” 3 of 5 stars

Disney's Newport Bay Club
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   B.P. 113, 0 Marne-la-Vallee, France   |
Ranked #19 of 54 Hotels in Marne-la-Vallee
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
“Nice but very expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a long weekend using the Disney package which included meal vouchers- thankfully! Typical meal for 2 adults and 2 kids was 70-100 Euros. Food in the hotel was ok - nothing special. Disappointing that the tea, coffee isnt replaced in your room. When I queried this with reception they said I could buy it in the minibar for 4euros in a paper cup! Bubble bath, etc also not replaced during our stay.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Crossgar, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We spent 4 nights at this hotel and It was the worst hotel experience I have even been through! From the outside it looks lovely and the reception areas are actually not that bad. Once you take the elevators up to your floor its a different story.
The wallpapers are peeling off the walls, the carpets are all stained and it smells really bad.

The food was terrible also and the children really couldn't eat much. We went to the hotel Santa Fe nearby one night for dinner and it was totally different, clean, friendly staff and a world away from Newport Bay.

This holiday cost us a fortune and although the parks were amazing, the dismal hotel really took away from the Disney experience.

If I was to do it again I would stay outside the resort and hire a car, feel let down by Disney

York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in September.
We were on a 40% deal and overall I thought the hotel was lovely and the staff particularly helpful. The evening meal here was also lovely and you could help yourself to as much as you required. the choice was good.
Breakfast was a different matter. Although tasty there was a very limited choice and it was a major bun fight to get in! I would therefore highly recommend booking your breakfast in the theme park which is far more civilised and puts you right in the middle of the rides for your extra magic hours.
The room was ok although the toilet kept breaking. It needed redecorating.
The hotel was only a 10 min walk to the park which was also a great feature and we did use the pool which was large. The sauna and steam room were also great.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter - you are never in them!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Having read the mixed reviews on here, our experience is that the hotel was more than adequate for us, after all its Disney and you would expect to spend more time in the parks and use the hotel as a place to sleep.
Please bear in mind that we went as a family, 2 adults and 2 children (12 and 9) for a 3 night stay in an Admirals room..
Check in: arrived 9 am, room not ready (had not expected it to be, but just wanted tickets for park), no queue, all went smoothly and we got tickets and went off to the park.
Location: We did not use the bus transfer as its only a 10 minute walk around the lake to the parks.
Rooms: As my wife suffers from vertigo, we had to ask for a change from our first room due to it being on the 6th floor and the second room was a smoking room with a very strong smoke smell, however our 3rd room on the same level as reception overlooking the lake could not be faulted. Although this was not an Admirals room, the only difference was the colour of the stripe in the wallpaper!! it To be fair all the rooms where pretty much the same and more than adequate for our needs.
Food; Breakfast was pretty much as expected, although as this is where being “Admiral room” guests did make a difference, breakfast was down stairs in one of two smaller restaurants not in the larger restaurant upstairs and we did not have a specified time, we did have to queue for no more than 5 minutes to be allocated a table but not an issue really. The food itself is a typical self service continental style.
Bar; we only used the bar once, so difficult to make too much comment, however our children left their “Minnie ears” behind and when we went back after about 15 minutes assuming that they had no chance of being there, had a very pleasant surprise when the barman pulled them out from behind the bar when he recognised them.
In summary, don’t go expecting the Ritz or the Savoy, it is what it is a mid range star hotel, but its Disney, so yes it costs a bit more than other similar standard hotels, but you get early entry into the parks and can come and go back to the hotel easily..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Camberley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Having read reviews about peeling wallpaper, mouldy showers and general uncleanliness I had set my expectations low! However upon arrival the staff were very greeting and we were lucky that our room was available at 10am. We were in room 2149 - West Wing and the room was warm and welcoming. It is clear that the hotel is remodernising the rooms as our room was spotless and smelt of fresh paint (no peeling wallpaper or mouldy showers). We took the advise to have breakfast at 7am whish was worth it as when we came out at 7:45am the queues were at least 30 people deep!

We were only there one night so did not see the swimming pool and other restaurants so am unable to comment.

All I woudl say is that I will definitely be happy to return to the Newport Bay Club

Room Tip: Request a newly modernised room in the West Wing
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Durham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have just returned from a 4 night stay at the Newport Bay hotel. This was the first time I have booked to stay at a Disney hotel. In the past I have usually booked to stay with an affiliate hotel and have had lovely trouble free visits with them. However the same cannot be said for the Newport Bay. My partner is serving in Afghanistan and I had booked interconnecting rooms, as I am on my own with 2 children and I wanted to be next door to my parents who were travelling with us.

On arrival the hotel was very big and overbearing and the staff seemed harassed and two of them were locked in some kind of dispute with one of them walking off!. When I tried to check in there was a lot of taking in french behind the desk going on and many phone calls being made. No one could tell us what was happening. We were eventually informed that there had been a 'mix up' with the rooms and not only did we not have interconnecting we had rooms 3 floors apart and that the hotel was full and nothing could be done.

The rooms were very basic and looked dated. There was no kettle in the room or any tea/coffee facilities, even the premier inn chain gives you that for £49 a night! Nothing that stood out to say this was a hotel worth paying the money they charge for. Or the Disney magic that the kids came to expect and myself. Disappointed is an understatement. The bathroom smelt of waste pipes and the furniture was broken with doors hanging off the cupboards in the wash area of the room which was separate to the bathroom!

The hotel is huge and very busy, I would say almost over run and way too big for any of the staff to handle. There were queues for everything and breakfast you had to stick to times given to you on cards that you present at the restaurant. The breakfast itself was very basic and not much choice. It seemed chaotic and although I can't fault the staff, it was so busy the other guests weren't exactly polite it was a case of every man for themselves!

At check in I had asked about the use of the mini bar only to store my babies formula milk and was told that it was okay but I had to leave a returnable deposit of 75euros. I said that was fine as I knew I would not be consuming anything from there, certainly not at their prices anyway! So most days I just stored the bottles of formula my son had in the morning and at bedtime.

However since I have returned home I have found the hotel have charged 34euros to my account, with nothing said to me even when I had checked out and confirmed nothing had been consumed and there was no bill to be settled or signed off by me. I have no way of contacting the hotel directly as there doesn't seem to be any email address, so I have had to address Disneyland Paris via email about this. I also have had to contact my bank to report a fraudulent transaction by the hotel. Annoyed to say the least when this was supposed to be a trip to cheer us all up whilst partner is serving away and to take our minds off the worry and stress.........it's only added to the stress and I will NEVER return to a Disneyland hotel.

I am not even sure I will return to Disneyland Paris at all after this, but for all of you wanting a good hotel and a trip that is stress free I would recommend the Magic Circus hotel. My stay there a few yrs back was lovely and the staff, food, and rooms were faultless. I am hoping to get a quick response from the Newport Bay over the money they have taken from me.

Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in august 2012. We spent most of our time in the parcs, but found the hotel welcoming, very comfortable and spacious, clean and a nice style. Staff were helpful and we had no problems checking in earlier than stated, and turning up to breakfast late! The hotel was a little tired in places, but nothing to worry us. It is a huge building and we were a little surprised at how long it took to walk to our room, but again, not a concern really. We had a great couple of days and would recommend a stay here. Buses are very regular to and from the parcs and were rarely packed, even at the end of August.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Newport Bay Club? Share your experiences!