“pretty good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

You added Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Roissypole, Rue de Rome, BP16461, 95708 Tremblay-En-France, France   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
kansas
“pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

Of particular note, the airline overbooked our flight, so first off we stayed here for free. At that price this is an excellent hotel. It is a value added ordeal though. Expect to pay extra for just about everything. The waitstaff in the hotel restaurant were polite enough but just not particularly helpful. It was a chore trying to get some water at dinner. There seemed to be a lot of flight crews staying there and they seemed to be treated OK, but as two Americans staying the night, everybody working there seemed less than enthoused about helping us with just about anything. But that said, it was a very nice, clean, comfortable hotel. I would not have paid what the airline paid for the hotel let alone the downright laughable rack rate. It however was a lot nicer than the hotels in a similar price range downtown. It was the closest I was able to get to controlling the room temperature (I like it cold) in Europe. Beds were very comfortable, and the room was large enough to accomodate a small table, a desk and room to actually sit. I couldn't say I'd recommend you go out and book it for a week, but its a pretty good place for a layover, a short stay or just booking something close to the airport for your last or first day in Paris.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ancaster, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

If you are in transit through Paris and have one or two days for sight seeing this is the place to stay. The RER B takes about 25 minutes to the Chatlet Des Halles Metro Station and form there you can either walk or transfer to any point in the city of interest. The hotel is usually half the price of smaller places downtown and you will have to get to the airport again anyway.

The only problem is the train shuts down at midnite and it can be tough to get a cab.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

This Hilton Hotel got it wrong in so many ways, we would now always choose to stay at another airport hotel over the Hilton.

While the rooms were nice and large, with nice bathrooms, there were so many issues with service. Firstly, the directions and information the hotel gave us when we booked was wrong and it was hard to follow. If you are going from the airport straight to the hotel, its a total nightmare trying to do that by the train. We caught the train, however to walk from the terminal to the hotel they only had A4 paper stuck randomly on trees with an arrow pointing to the Hilton. The road connecting the station to the hotel ends and to get to the front doors you have to walk through the bushes and rocks (as per their A4 signs) to the side of the hotel and then wheel your bags round to the front. So if you have suitcases its quite difficult.

We weren’t able to check in till 3.30pm. They kept telling us to come back in 5 minutes and the room would be ready (three times). Other travellers had this issue to the following day. They weren’t apologetic or friendly at all.

We asked the concierge to book a hire car for a tour (specifically said no taxi, chauffer driven etc etc) and then after they kept us waiting for an hour in the foyer after the agreed pick up time, they showed us to a beaten up tiny old cab. It then took them another hour to organise something.

We also asked reception to book a room in a different Hilton for a future date back home, but they said they couldn’t, which seems really silly.

Buffet at the restaurant was very expensive and really ordinary. Two people at my table ordered off the menu and they said their meal was lovely though.

Overall, from our short stay, the Hilton at CDG Airport just couldn’t get it together. I would recommend staying at an alternative hotel at the airport.

• Stayed July 2010
HiltonParisCDG, Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2010
Dear Holiday888,

We have read your review posted following your visit with us and thank you for your detailed feedback. Rest assured that we duly noted your positive comments about the room and the “à la carte” food, but also your remarks about your arrival, your experience with the concierge and the buffet.

Concerning the access to the hotel, the information located within the terminals and CDG Val station are directly managed by the Airport Authorities, and we are in regular contact with them to change these instructions to make them more effective. As regards to the area surrounding the hotel, it is also planned to improve the signs and make an easier access to our hotel in a short delay.

Please also accept my sincerest apologies for your experiences with the Front Desk. I have discussed your comments with the Front office Manager to avoid reoccurrence.

We thank you for having chosen us on this visit, and hope to welcome you back to show you improved services.

Best regards

Canada, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

We arrived late the night before a flight. Our room had a connecting door to a room with chldren who kept their parents and us awake late . Why do airport hotels spend millions soundproofing their windows and other external openings and then put in cheap connecting doors through which you could hear a mouse pee on cotton in the next room?

Breakfast was a mixed bag. I was accosted by staff and asked for my room # twice, after having provided it upon entr to the restaurant. Food was not great and my tea cup leaked all over the table.

Our bed was poorly made, with sheets not tucked in at the bottom. If you want a good rest before flying, go to the Sheraton.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Dear Human44,

Thank you for having taken the time and trouble to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle. We have read your comments and sincerely apologize for the incidents occurred, especially for the noise in your room.

Regarding your comment about the restaurant, clearly we were not performing to our usual standards that morning, and for that I am truly sorry. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our restaurant manager. I hope you will be able to see some improvements in the future.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back

Yours sincerely

Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

My son and I spent our last night here prior to an early flight to the U.S. As others have noted, it can take a lot of time to find the hotel. Once you find the right exit from the terminal, the sign on the building will help guide you in the right direction but that does not solve the problem.

To get from the terminal to the entrance, you must navigate a series of obstacles. The entire route seems improvised and I suspect visitors are really intended to arrive by vehicle. My son had previously injured his knee on our trip and had a lot of difficulty crossing the rock garden and climbing the back stairs. In the U.S. having no handicapped access would be illegal. (I suspect this is also true in Roissy but has not come to the attention of the authorities - due to the improvised nature of the route.)

As other have noted, this hotel still charges for internet access. My family and I traveled for three weeks in Spain, France, England and Germany. This was the only place that charged (27 Euros!!!) for access. When I complained to the person at the desk, I was told quietly that it was corporate policy and Hilton was the only hotel at the airport that still charges.

We had dinner at the buffet. It was a big mistake. One lone diner was slapping his table and complaining loudly about the delay delivering his food. Later, he finished only a portion and had a heated discussion with the head waiter. Our food was remarkably poor and not worth the 37Euro/each we were charged. The dining area was dirty. We could see food bits, including a shrimp head, littering the floor. The free breakfast the next morning was not worth the cost.
We arrived around 9:30PM to find a very nice and clean room. Just about all the other aspects of the operation seemed third-rate. The public areas were dirty and seemed stained. When catching the morning shuttle, we had to wait while the first three shuttles left full without us and there was a quiet riot brewing among the people still stranded at the door when we finally left. There seemed to be only two shuttles operating and a third was parked in front of the hotel. Maybe a driver called in sick but they should have a back up plan.

After experiencing the problem finding and entering the hotel and discovering the internet charge, I asked to register my concerns with the manager. After a wait of about ten minutes, the manager came from elsewhere in the hotel. I described my dissatisfaction and she fixed me with an icy stare and said nothing. After an awkward pause, I said, Well, I guess you are not going to do anything. She said thanks for sharing your concern and walked away. I don't think she is a good fit for the "hospitality" industry.

Other than the room quality and the overall design of the hotel, I got the distinct impression of way too much cost cutting on operations and over-charging for basics. I think they are under-staffed and under-trained. This typically occurs when a hotel is in severe financial straits. I suspect this hotel is in a vicious downward spiral. I would not be surprised if they either "close for renovations" or bring in new management before the summer is over.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
HiltonParisCDG, Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2010
Dear RedScourge,

At the outset, please accept my most sincere apologies for the disappointment you have felt with all the different troubles you had (restaurant, internet rate, access) and especially the staff behaviour.

Our goal here at the Hilton Charles de Gaulle Airport is 100% satisfaction, for every guest. Unfortunately, it is clear from your comments that we fell short of that mark. With great concern I have discussed in details your comments with the Front Desk Manager, and the Food & Beverage Manager. I also had a discussion with the Duty Manager you met. You may rest assured that the necessary actions have been taken so that such disagreements will not occur again.

Regarding the access to the hotel, it is planned to improve the signs and the access in a short delay.
About our Internet rate, it is not unfortunately in the Hilton Policy to include them into the price of the room. Comments like yours will hopefully help change this in the future.

Thank you very much for bringing these matters to my attention and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel where everything possible will be done to ensure your complete satisfaction.

In the meantime, please feel free to contact me at Stephane.Compagnon@hilton.com if you wish to give us additional feedback.

Yours sincerely

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

No signage, mention or hint to how to get to hotel once one arrives at Terminal 3. We spent over an hour waiting for the phantom "shuttle bus" and misdirected by information person in the terminal. Finally, a shuttle bus driver for another hotel pointed us in the right direction back through the terminal and out an obscure door where we at last found the hotel. It was lovely but what an ordeal to get there!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

We received a spectacular room upgrade for being Gold Card members. The hotel itself is beautiful and well kept. The executive lounge needed to be a bit larger, but was very well maintained. The breakfast buffet was delicious and had an extensive selection of food items. My only criticism is that there needs to be free wi-fi in all rooms - or at least in the executive lounge

• Stayed July 2010

Been to Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport? Share your experiences!