“nice hotel but 25 euro for internet?” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

You added Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Roissypole, Rue de Rome, BP16461, 95708 Tremblay-En-France, France   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Lambertville, NJ
“nice hotel but 25 euro for internet?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This hotel ambience is quite nice and within walking distance (10 - 15 mins) from the airport train connecting the terminals at CDG so a good choice if you have an early morning flight as we did. No real issue checking in, and the room was modern and clean, bathroom nice enough. We had a snack in the restaurant, which was ok. Service excellent, friendly and efficient. Expect to pay high prices for everything in this hotel, and I guess not surprising given the location, but the internet access fee did shock me. 25 euro is just too much!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear LJW47,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that you liked our hotel and appreciated the friendliness of the staff.

Regarding the internet, it is free of charge in the public areas, and we follow the same policy throughout our hotels in France and Europe but this is currently being reviewed and we will ensure your comments are fed back.
I encourage all our guests to enroll in the Hilton Honors program in order to reap beneficial rewards. Once you reach Gold member status, you will receive internet access with our compliments.

We look forward to welcoming back to the Hilton Paris CDG Airport again in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Alison Palin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edenton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Excellent service with extremely courteous and professional staff. I would definitely stay there in the future. We used the dinning room and Executive Lounge and the food and service were great. I am a Hilton Diamond Member and they upgraded our room to the largest Hilton Hotel Room I have ever encountered in my years of travel. We used the airport shuttle which leaves every fifteen minutes and again the personnel were most gracious and very helpful.

Dear John R,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your fantastic experience at the Hilton Paris CDG Airport! It gives our staff great satisfaction to hear our guests enjoying memorable and satisfying experiences at our hotel. We take great pleasure in being part of your experience.

We thank you for choosing the Hilton and look forward to providing a warm welcome on your next visit.

With best regards

Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Service of the Hilton staff, quality and cleanliness of the room and Hotel overall were exceptional. Excellent value for Money. Easy connections to the Terminals. Overall my top Hotel choice in Paris (CDG airport).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Dear Mike S,

Thank you very much for your loyalty towards the Hilton Paris CDG Airport and your valuable comments above. Your feedback has received our full attention and we thank you for the time and efforts.

It is great to read how much you appreciate the facilities and location of the hotel as well the staff friendliness.

We look forward to having you back again soon!

Warm regards

Copenhagen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Staff are so helpful and friendly. Room service excellent- perfect location when going to Paris a little bit away from busy city of Paris but so easy to access city through public transport. Breakfast is really great- we enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Dear cph2007,

Thank you for your patronage, and for posting such a detailed and wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

I trust others travelers will find your review helpful and very much look forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Paris CDG Airport sometime in the near future.

Best regards

Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed in the Hilton CDG for one night on my last night after a 5-week Europe trip and was very disappointed by the standards of this Hilton hotel.

I arrived at terminal 2 and took the inter-terminal shuttle train to terminal 3. Upon my arrival from the shuttle train, I was looking for directions to the hotel but found none. I was lugging 30++ kg of luggage and having to look for the hotel was made very difficult with no clear signage to the hotel. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the shuttle train. When I found someone who managed to point out the building, I was surprised that closer to the building, there were again no clear indications to the entrance of the hotel. I had to walk around the entire premise before finding the entrance which was exhausting when when lugging heavy bags.

After having finally arrived, there were no porters or doormen to greet the guests or to help them with their baggage which was surprising given the expectations that come with the Hilton brand. None of the other staff on duty offered to help with the bags as well. As I proceeded to the check in, there were only 2 employees manning the check in counter. Somehow, even though there were only 2 other guests in front of me in the queue, it took about 25 minutes before I manage to finally to speak to the check in staff. Being an airport hotel with guests frequently checking in and out for their flights, waiting 25minutes just to check in is unacceptable by my standards!

Furthermore, the check in receptionist was very brief and curt during the check out, to the point of being almost cold. Once again, there were no offers of assistance with the bags and I had to ask for help. The friendly porter said that he would note down my room number to get someone to help me with my heavy luggage during check out the next day but this was not followed up on during my check out.

Room was very basic, clean but noticeably aged and sparse. The bathroom had separate shower and tub areas which I liked. Very basic toiletries (shampoo, shower gel and shower cap). No conditioner was provided. Since I was going to be staying for just one night, I did not bother checking if they provided it to guests who asked. Dental kits were available upon request. The bedsheets were scratchy and though otherwise acceptable. The refrigerator looked old and a little moldy. I would not want to eat anything from there. Wifi in the room was expensive though free wifi is available in the lobby. The rooms were solidly soundproof and I couldn't hear the noise from the planes at all.

As I was going into downtown Paris, I asked the concierge about travel options to get to the city centre. They brushed me off indicating that if I needed further information, I would have to ask the staff at the train station. I would think that the hotel concierge would have at least some tube maps or useful timetables but was sorely disappointed.

Additionally, I had a drink at the bar where once again, service was far below par. I had to order my own drink at the bar since no waiter came around to my table. Also, they apparently dont bring the bill to the table and I had to go back to the bar afterwards to pay for my drinks. This incident put me off the restaurant/bar so much so that I did not want to have breakfast there.

Throughout my stay, I observed that at the check in counter, there seems to be a shortage of staff. I only noticed 2 employees manning the booth and it was quite a wait to be able to speak to the staff. Checkout took 15 minutes and this was at 9.30 in the morning. I wonder what it would be like during the peak check in and out period!

The only bright spot to my stay (and the only instance of customer service) was during the check out where upon asking for assistance with my luggage, the kind porter on duty offered to drive me to terminal 1 where my flight departed from. Otherwise, I would have had to take the inter-terminal shuttle train with my very heavy and bulky bags.

Overall, a very unplesant stay. Would not return at all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Hannah_Nat,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your detailed feedback in regards to your stay, We always very much appreciate hearing from our guests so we can further improve our delivery of service.

I was sorry to hear of the disappointments you experienced during you visit and I would like the opportunity to apologize for any short falls in service. Be assured I have duly noted your positive comments, but also your suggestions for improvement and that they will be duly forwarded to the team for consideration and improvement.

I do thank you for having chosen us on this visit, and hope to welcome you upon your next visits to show you improved services.

Sincerely Yours

Palm City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the past 15 months, including this past May. At that time, they had a very nice selection of beverages (champagne, wine, liquor, beer) and finger food. Not the best (that would be Hilton Kuala Lumpur).

I choose this hotel for an overnight prior to a flight back to US. Upon going into the Executive lounge, this is what I was told by the attending MANAGER:

HIlton Corporate took a decision on 1 July to significantly cut back on Executive lounge costs. For Hilton Pair at CDG, it meant reducing the happy hour/food from 5 - 8pm to 6-8pm, no liquor, no champagne (which I found to be a nice touch), and some veggies, crudites and split hot dogs in a mini roll (really?? In Paris??).

My room was fine aside from the mold in the shower stall (just a little bleach would take care of it). Internet was speedy and the lounge/restaurant was nice (but very expensive)

I will not be going back anytime soon, as I have other choices with Marriott and L'Accor.

Room Tip: Top floors, 7 or 8. 701/801 are oversized.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Jeff B,

Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your recent visit to our hotel. I regret that fell short in delivering your expectations with the Executive Lounge and for that I sincerely apologize.

The Hilton Standard in the Executive lounge changed as from July 1st. The “Evening Drinks and Canapés” is now from 6.00PM to 8.00PM, instead of 6.00PM to 8.30PM and we serve wine (red and white), beer, soft drinks and a selection of finger food. Our canapés change every day and though they are quite popular with other guests, I will forward your comment about the mini roll to our Chef.

I have followed up with our housekeeping department to ensure that we do a more thorough job of cleaning bathrooms. Thank you for taking the time to let us know so that we can fix this immediately.

We do hope you try us once more in the future, and give us the chance to show you what our true hospitality is all about. Thank you for taking the time to share with us your thoughts.

Sincerely Yours

Rochester Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We've stayed at the Hilton near the airport a couple of times on our way back to the States from France. It is comfortable, conveniently located next to the airport and has a shuttle that runs every 15-20 minutes. The rooms are spacious, nicely furnished and the granite and marble bath has a tub and shower. Charges for Wi-Fi are excessive in my opinion, so we did not use it in the room, but my husband went down to the lobby and was able to connect for free. Afterwards he tried to have a drink in the bar/lounge and was not impressed by the service. It took a long time to get anyone's attention, even though he practically had the place to himself. This is the attitude that gives Paris a reputation as being snooty, and while that might be charming a little café in Saint-Germain-des-Prés, it's distasteful in an international hotel.The buffet breakfast is extensive and correspondingly pricey, so this trip we took our chances at the Air France lounge instead.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear debtodeb,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and your feedback about your experience.

We highly appreciate that you share your impressions with us and this will allow us to follow up on all different points. Of course, we are pleased that you have had an overall positive experience and that you allow us to improve on your suggestions!

We look forward to welcoming you back shortly!

With kind regards

Alison Palin

Been to Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport? Share your experiences!