“Fitted the bill perfectly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

You added Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Roissypole, Rue de Rome, BP16461, 95708 Tremblay-En-France, France   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Winchester
“Fitted the bill perfectly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Arrived on a late flight from UK. Hotel easily accessible by shuttle or catch transit train to terminal 3 and short walk. Friendly welcome. Excellent room- large and very comfortable although a little devoid of homely touches. Lack of milk on hospitality tray and no iron but hotel redeemed itself through emergency shaving kit ! They also provided a good late night snack (hilton burger) in bar at 2345- exactly what I needed. Had to leave at 7am to catch train from adjacent station but would like to have stayed longer. Worked out cheaper than my normal central paris option- would stay here again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Campbie,

Thank you for being our guest and for posting your review. I am really glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and the services provided, especially the accessibility to the hotel and the quality of the rooms . I also happy to learn that the late snack you had at the bar perfectly met your expectations! I am sorry for the the lack of milk on the tray in the room as it should be there in every rooms .
Again, thank you for providing your valuable feedback.
Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Alison Palin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

be sure you get clear directions from CDG as there are no signs and depending on what terminal you are in it can be tricky.Once you are there its typical Hilton. There was no airport noise. The internet was too expensive use your card to access as it will connect faster and will cut the fees down.It takes 40 minutes by train to the city but that is ok for us as that was an experience that added to our adventure.Beware of pick pocketers on the train and in crowded places and scams in touristy places.All in all would recomend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear mssurfcity,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am happy to read you enjoyed our overall service and the hotel.
I am sorry to learn you had some difficulties to find our hotel from the airport and we are currently in contact with the airport to improve information provided to our guests in a clearer and visible manner. With regards to the internet, if you connected from our business center computers, you have choice to pay with your credit card and in this case you can pay per minute or to charge the room directly and the options are for one hour or for 24 hours.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you next require accommodation in Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport!

Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

After two weeks in northern France, our last night was spent at this airport hotel. Since our plane was to leave the next morning, we had decided to stay at an airport hotel to avoid the rush the next morning. It was a great decision. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel and started to unwind after a busy two weeks.

Our room was perfect. It was very quiet. All was very clean. We had a great bed and a wonderful nights sleep. The desk clerk was very professional and friendly. The price was good and we caught the bus out front to the airport. I will definitely stay at this hotel our next trip to France.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear lynda_spcc,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review and sharing your experience of us with the travelling community. We were delighted to welcome you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Melbourne Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I spent one night here as we had an early morning flight. We caught the train from the Loire Valley to the airport and then got the hotel shuttle bus which was very convenient. Our room was a good standard, it was spacious and had a comfortable bed and nice bathroom. We had dinner at the hotel and the food was very good but expensive. Breakfast was included in our rate and it was very good. The only thing wrong with this hotel was that there was no free Wi-Fi and this needs to change.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear joybell27,

Thank you so much for your kind review following your stay with us. I am pleased to read all these good comments concerning the quality of the room and the food. I also read your comment about the internet and this is currently being reviewed .
Thanks again for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

General manager
Sitka,Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Pros:
Close to airport
Comfortable and self contained with restaurant, room service, and courtesy van
No need to go downtown overnight for a connecting flight

Cons:
25 euro/daily internet fee
6 euro a bottle water in room
Coffee in room is powdered instant with a hot water kettle
Desk staff enthusiastic but not knowledgable about airport
Courtesy van driver did not show up for work and delayed our scheduled ride
No neighborhood to walk
CDG airport huge and there is only one stop for the courtesy van. Walking shoes and decent walking ability a must.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear sitka1867,

Thank you for sharing your views on your experience in the Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport. I have taken note of all your comments, the negatives and the positive and will surely keep them into the greatest consideration to improve our services.

I really hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future and ensure this time your complete satisfaction.

Northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My second stay at this Hilton property.

Stayed one night, 9 November, awaiting an early morning flight the next day.
Received a room upgrade to a large room at the end of the fifth floor, Room 530; see left end of Evacuation Plan map photo.

This room had two twin beds, push next to each other, featured twin closets, and a spacious sitting area with desk/workstation. No turn down service was provided, but that I can easily live without. A large screen TV and hot water pot with tea and coffee are provided. WiFi was adequate. The room was very quiet – no outside noise - only the occupant of room next door was hear briefly during the night.

The bathroom was quit large and included a soaking tub with walk-in shower. The floor and walls were tiled in a tasteful manner. The single sink vanity has more than adequate counter space.

We were treated to a mid-afternoon test of the emergence evacuation siren and announcements – an obviously necessary, but none the less annoying, event.

We had a late lunch at the nearby Ibis Hotel’s “Café Pizza & Pasta.” The Ibis restaurant is a much better value than the Hilton restaurant on the ground floor. My wife & I split a pizza which was enough to carry us until the Hilton Executive Lounge opened and we grazed enough on hors d'oeuvres as our dinner meal. The Executive Lounge got crowded at 6PM when cocktails are available, but the lounge was nearly empty when we had breakfast at about 8AM on a Saturday morning. The lounge is not large – being long and narrow – but there is a nearby overflow room in the hallway just before the door to the Executive lounge.

The front desk and lounge staff were friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: Check-in time is 14:00 - so if you arrive too early you may have to wait for an available room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear LostLen,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. I am delighted to learn that you choose to come and stay at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle for the second time!
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience concerning the noise of the siren but for the security of all our guests we conduct our weekly test of our fire alarm system every Fridays at 5:00 pm for approximately 5 minutes as mentioned in the informative letter given on Fridays.

Thank you very much once again for your feedback – we are pleased to announce that we will be moving our executive lounge to a new lounge on the lobby level which will be more spacious for our clients in April 2013. We are all looking forward to your return to our property soon!

Boca Raton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport is a recommendable, modern, nice airport hotel with only some minor flaws.

The location of the hotel is great if you want to stay very close to the airport. I think only the Sheraton is closer to the terminals than this Hilton. If you arrive on a late flight in or if you have to leave on an early flight out of Paris Charles de Gaulle airport, the Hilton will serve you exceptionally well. You can either take the shuttle bus that departs from the street level of the TGV station or you do what I did, that is take the “CDGVAL” junction lane train from the terminal to the “Roissypole” rail station, which takes 5 minutes at best and Roissypole is located right next to the Hilton (3 minutes’ walk).

If you are planning on staying at the Hilton while visiting (i.e., sightseeing) Paris, then it is just an OK option. As the airport is located at least (!) 35 minutes (by train from Roissypole train station) from the main parts of the French capital you have to decide whether it’s really worth it staying so far out of central Paris. On a positive note, you will have huge (!) problem finding a similarly (relatively speaking), moderately priced (real!) four star business hotel in central Paris. So if you want to stay at a really good hotel in Paris at a relatively moderate price, go for this Hilton! If however you want to really enjoy the nightlife of Paris, then do yourself a favor and stay either in one of the (a lot more!) expensive four or five star hotels in central Paris – or – just trade down as for the same price you will probably only get a very modest (!) three star hotel.

I’ve stayed before at other Hilton properties and in my opinion this is a good – though certainly not a fantastic – Hilton. My experience with this particular hotel is as follows:

Both my check-in and my check-out were handled in a very friendly manner. Check-out was somewhat more time efficient than check-in but overall no real complaints here. Staff members were very helpful and courteous.

The room was well appointed and even though it had a view over to the runway in was very quiet. The double-glazing of the windows did a perfect job! Absolutely no noise audible. The bed was comfy, the bathroom was nice enough and the size of the single room was sufficient. Only bad point: there was a coffee maker in the room but without instant coffee! The room cleaners must have forgotten to refill the coffee. That’s an absolute no go for me. As it was already early morning (actually in the middle of the night) when I detected this I didn’t bother complaining to the front desk anymore.

Breakfast was not included in my rate of 73 Euros (a “top secret type” of deal where the hotel name wasn’t explicit mentioned on the website but from the description [atrium + indoor pool] it was evident to me that it was the Hilton) and I therefore had to pay 24 (?) Euros for a good – but certainly not overwhelmingly good breakfast. You get all the usual fare, but not much more. It took a while (too long in my opinion) before I got my lukewarm coffee.

The Caravelle bar in the lobby area was good but also not overwhelming. Service was a bit slow and prices were too high in my opinion (10 Euros for a glass of beer is outrageous). I am familiar with Hilton hotels’ pricing scheme but I think paying a premium price makes only sense if you get a premium product. In this bar, atmosphere was almost zero, service was as I said slow so prices were too high for what you got.

The heated indoor swimming pool area was nice though the pool itself was rahter small - just good enough for a couple of laps. The water temperature was Ok, but one or two degrees higher would have been even better. There was no pool service, no single staff member was anywhere near the pool. You just open the door to the health club area with your room key card. By the way: Expect to see people hanging around the entrance waiting for someone to open the door. The entrance of the health club with the indoor pool is right across from the airline crew lounge by the way…

Anyhow: the locker room was small. There weren’t actually any real lockers there so you better don’t bring any valuables into the health club area. Next to the pool area there’s the small but nice gym.

I’ve stayed often in Roissy and I therefore know that it’s almost impossible to get a good price and a good hotel. I am therefore forgiving the hotel for some of its flaws and – overall – recommend it.

Dear my_traveler,

I am most grateful for you taking the time to write a detailed review on your recent stay with us. Whist I was delighted to read your positive comments about the location, the room (actually it is triple-glazes windows) and the service . I was sorry to read of the missing coffee in your room and not warm enough in the restaurant as I understand it is very important to get the day started right with a good cup of coffee!

Thank you for recommending our hotel and we look forward to welcoming back soon when you could enjoy our renovated restaurant and bar from March 2013 when I am sure you will see the change in the ambiance!

Alison Palin

Been to Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport? Share your experiences!