“Fine, kind service in a dated place. Questionable price/value ratio.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

You added Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Roissypole, Rue de Rome, BP16461, 95708 Tremblay-En-France, France   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Center
“Fine, kind service in a dated place. Questionable price/value ratio.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

PROS: Kind personell in all departments. Very efficient Business Center. Dinner buffèt presented very fine food options. Noise-proof.
CONS: Average room (I had a standard), fine, large bathroom (definitely a "plus"). Dinner Buffèt options veriety was satisfactory for Eu standards, not at excellence levels. No free WiFi (almost not in Standard rooms). Gym and Pool were definitely small, for such a large hotel. The building, the furnitures, the lights looked dated, like "luxury in the '80s", but I saw no trace of wear. Price-wise, the room, the buffèt and breakfast can be justified only in perspective of a very busy area.
LOCATION: To get there, you must get to Terminal 3 and find the proper exit from the train-shuttle station: there's one, the furthest from the trains staircase, that indicates "Hilton" -no need of taxi or bus shuttle, just walk. Overall, it's not as comfortable as a class shuttle picking you up at arrivals.
CONCLUSIONS: This seems to be a well managed, taken care of hotel. You feel well here, with no excellence, probably; you may have questions with regards to Price/quality ratio.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Hedin,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding the hotel facilities and service on Tripadvisor which we always read with utmost interest. I am glad to read you enjoyed our hotel overall .
Concerning the shuttle service, we do have one from and to the Terminal 2 which runs every 15 minutes, stopping at the designated area near the SNCF train station (this is the only place permitted by Aeroports de Paris for hotel shuttle buses which are not allowed to terminal 1)but as the free high speed train CDGVal passing by all the terminals is located just behind the hotel it is also another very useful option.

We do hope that on the occasion of your next stay with us that we can make your stay a special experience.

Your sincerely,

Alison Palin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The reception and porters were great here. We had a spacious room on the 6th floor which actually could use an extra chest of drawers as the space seemed a bit empty and more storage would have been nice. The hallways were very dim and the décor needed updating. The executive lounge was small and sparely stocked.

The location of this hotel is good for going to Paris as the Roissypole station is right behind it. However, there is not a single market or restaurant within walking distance so you're stuck with what the hotel has to offer.

We had two breakfasts at the restaurant. There was no service for the first 30 minutes after we were seated. The food was fine though. We also had dinner here but the food was quite poor as was the service. Even though there were almost more staff in the restaurant than customers, the service was slow and absent-minded. The food at the buffet were dried and lacked seasoning. I also ordered the French onion soup from the kitchen. The presentation was a bit shocking as it was not served in a traditional crock bowl but in a bowl and the top part looked like cheese exploded.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Macabebe,

Thank you very much for providing us with feedback on your recent stay . I am happy to learn you were well treated by the reception staff and you liked the size of your room but I am sorry you were disappointed by the service at the restaurant and at the executive lounge .
All your points, regarding the improvements that need to be made in specific fields and services have been taken into consideration and reviewed in order to take necessary action and correct any shortcomings.

We do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back again in future and extend the warm hospitality that our guests have come to expect from us over the years.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had an early morning flight, so we stayed here instead of in Paris. The room was what I expected from a Hilton hotel: clean, modern, decent size room. I was surprised at the lack of pillows and towels. There was only enough for really one person, despite the room being booked for two people. I was so tired that I didn't bother asking for more. Also, when we went to check out and drop off an adapter we had borrowed, the only person at the desk spent was wrapped up in checking in some newlyweds. Another flight attendant was also waiting to check out. The person at the desk didn't acknowledge either of us, and slowly continued checking in the couple. I would have appreciated him at least acknowledging us or asking if we quickly needed anything. I just didn't want to leave the adapter on the desk without alerting someone. We didn't allow a lot of extra time, so we eventually just left.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear KMS0782,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your stay in our property. I am delighted to know the room met your expectations. With regards to the pillows and towels, normally there is one big and one small towel per person available in the bathrooms but if you need any extra towels or pillows, the reception is pleased to bring you some additional on request. Moreover please accept my apologies for the lack of attention at the Front desk when you only wanted to leave the adaptater , I can understand it is frustrating especially when you must leave .

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton London Charles de Gaulle in the future.

Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed last night at the Hilton Paris CDG. Paid $145 with all taxes on Expedia.com. Close to airport, nice hotel and rooms were nice especially bathroom HOWEVER .... I expect more from a 4 Star intnational hotel chain. The problems were:

---- NO FREE WIFI ANYWHERE IN HOTEL --- 12 euro per 1 hour or 27 euro for 24 hours. TOTAL RIPOFF

---- No free bottle of water in the room. And a small can of coke was 6 euro !!!!! Again, total over price

--- THE WORSE WAS DINNER BUFFET. Waited 5 minutes to be seated, 15 minutes to have waiter acknowledge me. And the buffet he once price in menu (38 euro) and on sign near food (34 euro). I ordered the buffet for 38 euro which did not include coffee, tea, soft drinks or nothing. I had water. The buffet included 3 hot dishes which were never replenished, along with 2 hot vegetables, again never replenished --- SO FOR 38 euros MOST OF THE BUFFET WAS EMPTY.!!!!!! When I questioned why I was told the waitress that did it was busy serving tables. When I said most hotels have the chefs rep,enshrine food I was told yes he agreed, but what can he do. TYPICAL FRENCH CUSTOMER SERVICE.

My last trip stayed at Marriott. Much better experience. Again it was nice comfortable hotel that is bent on overcharging guests and providing not so great service. Will not return!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear bpdatl,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us your impressions about your visit at the Hilton Paris CDG Airport and I am glad you enjoyed our location and our rooms especially the marble bathroom with large bathtub and separate shower.

I was sorry to read your comments concerning the buffet and I sincerely apologize the care shown to you was not up to our usual standards of service. Be assured I have forwarded your feedback to our teams so this can be discussed. On the blackboard we display our three course fixed price Table d’hote menu which is 34€, whilst the buffet is 38€.
I would be interested to know the date of your stay to help us to understand what happened that evening if you could contact me directly at alison.palin@hilton.com.

Thank you very much for bringing this matter to my attention and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel where everything possible will be done to ensure your complete satisfaction.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

In general if I'm in Paris for a layover, I'll pick this hotel. It's a good quality airport hotel. The Executive Plus rooms are quite spacious, and comfortable. The sound isolation is VERY good on the windows as you would expect for an airport hotel. It is a bit on the expensive side, but that's sort of to be expected.

When I checked in, the first room they gave me smelled horribly of cigarette smoke, even though it was a non smoking room. It was bad enough to give me a headache. I went and got a different room, and the man at the front desk was extremely helpful and apologetic. There weren't any more rooms on the executive floor, so I was upgraded to an executive plus room. Much bigger than the standard executive rooms, which are basically the same as the standard room, but with access to the Executive lounge.

The Executive lounge is on the 8th floor. The breakfast is pretty good, the wait staff quite friendly. However, if you want a night cap before bed, you had better go early as they stop alcohol at 8:30PM. The main bar in the lobby is decent, and has a fair menu of food selection.

As others have pointed out wifi is not included in the room, even at the executive levels. Very bad form. Not business friendly move there, Hilton. If you must charge, at least include it in the room so I don't have to go buy it from the front desk every day I'm there.

The rooms on the north end of either tower overlook the Parking apron for the airport, good plane spotting if you have that sort of interest.

Room Tip: Get a Executive Plus room, spacious and have a good view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
AlisonPalin, General Manager at Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Erik Z,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Paris CDG Airport and for having taken the time to share your feelings following your recent stay in our hotel.
We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests which help us in our constant strive to achieve the highest quality standards. We have well noted your comments.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Sincerely yours.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stopped at this hotel for one night having waiting for my flight on another destination. The room was small, no slippers, no bathrobe (strange for a four star hotel) The room service menu was very poor. The buffet-served at the restaurant was insignificant and not worthy of a Hilton Hotel. Finally to my account added 27 euro for use 'wifi. Theft. The only positive note the staff friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear ami s,

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your impressions about your visit at the Hilton Paris CDG Airport. We regret that we did not entirely meet your expectations especially with regards to the room service menu and the buffet at the restaurant. Guest feedback is an important source to evaluate our efficiency and determine areas of improvement in service and we are in process of changing our room service menu.
Regarding the internet charge, this is currently being reviewed and we will ensure your comments are fed back. Concerning the slippers and bathrobe, they are available in all our executive rooms or upon request to the housekeeping department.

We are very thankful to your kind comments about the friendliness of our staff and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Spring, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I've stayed at many hotels at the Paris CDG airport, and I have to say that the Hilton has been by far the best I've stayed at so far. I was in one of the newly renovated rooms and the bed was very comfortable, TV was big and worked well, bathroom was spacious (by Paris standards) and very nice. The staff was very friendly and super helpful (and fast to help) as well! The only thing that could be improved was the food - the breakfast scrambled eggs were mucky and runny on both days, the fruit tasted like it came out of a can, but the croissants, coffee and bacon were good.

Room Tip: ask for one of the junior suites on a higher floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jacob B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience by writing a review. We greatly appreciate it. It was a pleasure to note that you were satisfied with our facilities as well as with the friendly and professional attitude of our team members.
I have discussed your comments about the breakfast with the Head of department concerned and I hope you will be able to see some improvements in the future.

Once again, thank you for having chosen the Hilton Paris CDG Airport for your stay and I truly hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Alison Palin

Been to Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport? Share your experiences!