“Nice and good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Qualys Hotel Rueil La Defense

You added Qualys Hotel Rueil La Defense to your Saves list
Qualys Hotel Rueil La Defense
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 avenue Albert 1er, 92500 Rueil-Malmaison, France (Formerly Quality Hotel)   |
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Rueil-Malmaison
A'dam
“Nice and good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We really liked the hotel! Big city hotels are always a challenge (to our experience) in this price category. So you have to compare it with London, Brussels or Amsterdam.

We had a beautiful quiet room with a view to the nice garden, at the back of the hotel. The rooms are nicely decorated with here and there some little marks of use ( the French touch). We did not mind that at all, it has a charm. Especially the area of the hotel is nice with the beautiful houses. Also the breakfast was fine. We arrived a bit late after 9.15 am and the lady just filled up what run out. So no complains at all about the breakfast.

The hotel has a good opportunity for leaving your car in the parking for € 7,- a day. That is more than reasonable. So we were really positively surprised! Because we read the reviews on this page and had already booked, we expected the worst.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011 via mobile

Very poor and very expensive. How it can say it caters for business clients working in La Defence is beyond comprehension. No food so if you arrive late that's just tough. The breakfast of a roll and coffee is an extra €9 on top of a rip off business rate

• Stayed November 2011
liverpool
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

I stayed in this hotel with my 2 boys sister and her daughter. I cant complain we went from Liverpool England for £99 each by coach n eurostar, so I expected the worst! I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean had flat screen tv (although all in french) bathroom which was a bit shabby but my sisters which had been renovated was lovely. The thing I liked most was it was in a safe area as I have stayed in some that reembled the bronx. The walk to the station was about 15 mins but as we came by coach we didnt have to drag our suitcases bear this in mind if your are trvelling independently. We used to stay out all day as it was too far really to come back and go out again. Ther was a "chippy" at the end of one road and pizza taleaways which we had a few nights. Breakfast for us as we were a coach party was just a roll, croissant, cheese n ham coffee, tea which was sufficient although I did long fora fry up!! All in all for the price we paid I cant complain also we took our own wine back to hotel as it was very expensive to buy drinks and also I would go to the kebab shop to buy soft drinks as they are too.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Johannesburg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

I don't know why this hotel has the name "La Defense" in its name, because that would imply that it is in or near La Defense, which it is not. I booked there because I thought I'd be close to CNIT, La Defense, where I was attending a conference.

Aside from that, the room was quite disappointing - small single beds with old linen on them. "Breakfast" - which I only had on my first day consisted of juice, coffee, bread, croissants and some rubbery scrambled eggs.

The air conditioning didn't work in my room. I phoned reception to tell them. The reply was "it's not just in your room; it's the whole hotel". No apology, and no proposal of when the problem would be resolved.

I didn't enjoy my stay in this hotel at all.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Pennysylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2007

Clean, nice and quite hotel. Staff is very hepful and friendly.

Stayed September 2007
Mississauga, canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2007

Way to far from the train station a good 15 mins walk with your cases 30 mins if you get out the wrong side of the station. Hard to find a taxi near the station or hotel. Better to stay closer to the attractions. I would not stay in this hotel again if visiting Paris but mainly because of the location . There is nothing to see or do near the hotel and it is to far from the main part of paris to go back to the hotel to change for dinner. So when you leave in the morning you have to take everything you will need for the day.

• Liked — breakfast in the room
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Qualys Hotel Rueil La Defense? Share your experiences!