Margaret and her team have come in to 'recover' the place and are doing a great job. You are in the rainforest so don't expect ultra-luxury, but Margaret will go out of her way to make your stay friendly and comfortable. They are fixing the place up and it is very clean.
Don't expect anything from the pub across the road which is a shame, but Margaret puts on a dinner a few nights a week or linc haven down the road put on a great dinner. Daintree is an amazing place and this place really fits in to the spirit of the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Daintree Rainforest Retreat is a small family owned motel. It sits nestled in the forest surrounded by towering trees and lush gardens. While we do not have a restaurant we do offer a covered BBQ area with its own sitting area and a fully equipped and comfortable communal kitchen together with 2 further sitting/dining areas. The Cow Bay Hotel is a 2 minute walk and while it is very close, it can be neither seen nor heard from the motel. Our rooms are cooled by ceiling fans and guests can further escape the tropical heat with a dip in our palm fringed swimming pool. We look forward to seeing you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Daintree Rainforest Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daintree Rainforest Retreat Hotel Cow Bay
- Daintree Rainforest Retreat Daintree Region/Cow Bay