I had a few people tell me that this was a great place to stay, I was let down a little by the experience not all of which was the fault of the YHA,
Firtly, this resort relies upon great weather, and despite Aug being considered a safe time for good weather we were hit by high wind ssea and rain so all of my planned activities were called off such as Kayaking, reef trips, beach time rainforest walks.
The array of activities on offer was amazing but we could not do many due to poor weather.
I found the private safari tents to be fairly poor value for money as they were half of a large tent which meant you could talk to your neigbours through the walls. Not ideal for my newly married brother and wifenext door to my parents :-(
The large family room hawever was good value which could sleep up to 9.
Kids catered for well with many games and a pool.
Cleanliness was average.
Staff were helpful but I noted that the property was for sale so maybe due for fresh blood running the place.
Other tourist visiting the YHA at the same timeseemed to realy enjoy the experience, I am sorry to say that I would not have reccomended it as good value for money, paying just a little more would probally have brought better value in an alternative property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If your are looking for the real rainforest experience with no air conditioners or manicured lawns then Daintree Crocodylus is your answer. Whether you are travelling by yourself, with friends or the whole family you can experience the rainforest up close and personal less than a metre from your door! Nestled right under the rainforest canopy our wood and canvas huts are available as 4 bed dorm rooms, double rooms with or without ensuites, and our large Rainforest Bungalow that sleep up to eight. On-site we have eco info, rainforest walks, bar, restaurant, self catering kitchen, swimming pool, internet, and lots of other activities to keep you entertained and eco educated without breaking the bank. On top of that our friendly staff have lots of local knowledge and plenty of smiles so what are you waiting for; check in, chill out, and surrender yourself to the charms of Crocodylus, your ECO adventureland ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, HostelBookers and Despegar.com so you can book your Crocodylus Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crocodylus Village Hotel Cow Bay
- Crocodylus Village Daintree Region/Cow Bay