Like many people writing in the visitors' book, my wife and I stayed at Crocodylus many years ago and returned for a stay with our kids (11,13). I was concerned that 15 years later it might be worn out but the new owners are doing a nice job of upgrading- while still very basic it is clean and pleasant. There is a great vibe and the staff are all wonderful; from Possum the nature guide to Jim the kayak guide. The food at the restaurant is excellent and the pub is well attended by locals. If you can do the Snapper Island trip it is memorable.
Bring warm clothes in the winter as the forest and the sleeping tents are not warm !
- Also Known As:
- Crocodylus Village Hotel Cow Bay
- Crocodylus Village Hotel
- Crocodylus Village Daintree Region/Cow Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best value eco experience of the Daintree and Cape Tribulation rainforest that's guaranteed to not break the budget. Whether you are travelling by yourself, with friends or the whole family you can experience the rainforest up close and personal less than a metre from your door! Nestled right under the rainforest canopy our wood and canvas huts are available as 4 bed dorm rooms, double rooms, and en-suite chalets that sleep up to 8. On-site Crocodylus has eco info, rainforest walks, bar, restaurant, pool, internet, and lots of other activities to keep you entertained and eco educated without breaking the bank. Our friendly staff have lots of local knowledge and plenty of smiles so what are you waiting for; check in, chill out, and surrender yourself to the charms of Crododylus, your village in the rainforest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Crocodylus Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.