“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Had a lovely meal at Christmas and other occassions so we were disappointed when we visiting for my Dad's birthday. Service was slow, I was ignored by the staff at the bar when I was trying to order puddings as waitress wouldn't come to the table to take our order.
Food was not as the menu stated with some bizarre changes. My son'spasta looked like a ready meal that had been over microwaved and was virtually inedible. We haven't been back

Visited April 2012

“Hmmmm”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Went for lunch on Saturday. Table booked in advance. Arrived 12:30 & place was very quiet (did fill up later). Ordered starters & mains. Waited almost an hour before starter arrived. Waiter/bar an/possibly manager told us that our starters were being plated up & he will bring our food out next. He went back to the kitchen & served food to another table before bringing our food to us.

Food was ok but not great. Salmon was cold. We ordered paella for the children which turned out to be a bowl of rice with 1 mussel, a small sliver of white fish (wafer thin) & 1 prawn!

I had breaded mushrooms (nice) & Aztec pie (2 flour tortilla's covered in a tomato sauce with a little chicken & grated cheese -no wonder it was less than 500 calories!) it was ok but not great. The garnish was a loooooot of lettuce & a tomato cut in quarters with no dressing. I even found the tomato stalk in my lettuce.

I will not return for food.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Lovely beer garden”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Great food,friendly service and lovely beer garden with peacocks walking around.A real gem of a pub.

Visited July 2012
“Great for kids and getting together with the girls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

On several occasions I have met up with he mums with and without the kids. Lovely food, value for money and accommodating for children. Would definately recommend

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere