“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mellington
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

We saw Mellington Hall and knew instantly that is was the perfect place for us to get married on 3rd July 2010. Vanessa, Kim and Lee were amazing hosts and from our very first enquiry nothing was too much trouble. We were the first couple to use the Cariad Garden and we were very lucky to have good weather. It looked stunning and was the most beautiful setting for us to say our vows. The food was tasty, hot and served efficiently. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous and so comfortable. Our friends and family all said they had never been to such a fantastic wedding.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
mellingtonhallhotel, Manager at Mellington Hall Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2011
Your beautiful Wedding day was extra special to us because it was the very 1st Outdoor Civil ceremony to take place in our beautiful Cariad gardens within the grounds of Mellington Hall Hotel.
From your romantic outdoor civil ceremony through to your fantastic evening wedding reception the atmosphere was superb & a day that was thoughly enjoyed by staff as well as guests!! Thank you once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

It was -4 deg the morning we arrived at the hotel. The open fire had only just been lit so at first it seemed a bit cold and dark in the reception area, and we did consider leaving.
So very glad we didn't! Every member of staff was friendly, pleasant and helpful and accommodating, the service was excellent. The bedroom was spotlessly clean,very warm and comfortable, so was the bed! Outside the frozen lawns & trees made the view from the large bedroom windows magical.
The meals were first class, the presentation, taste and service second to none.
The hotel is old but homely and full of charm and character. The open log / coal fire in the sitting room was a pleasure to sit by. The chef catered to my diet needs (allergies) with care and interest.
A very enjoyable stay, we will definitely return. We have told many people about it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely comments. We look forward to seeing you for a longer stay in the future. Look out for our winter blues special offer to enjoy a longer stay at fantastic value.
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

I just wanted to say a massive thank you and thumbs up to the staff at Mellington Hall Hotel.

My partner and I got married there on the 29th January, and had a long weekend there. The hotel accomodated ALL of our needs and more. The food was fabulous and the service to go with the venue made it the most talked about wedding ever! (I'm not being biased either)! Everyone commented on the place, service, food etc.

My husband and I will be returning many times I think.

Seriously, if you're after a very special wedding venue or just a night away you will not find anywhere more romantic. We stayed in the Mellington Suite and although some may say 'pricey'.....worth every penny!

Fabulous, just fabulous!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Mellington Hall Hotel as your romantic wedding venue. We are pleased we were the topic of conversation for the best wedding venue ever!!!! It was a pleasure to be your hosts!!! Make sure you pop up from Tenby soon & see us!!!
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

Warming staff, excellent food, comfortable clean bed and a good nights sleep.
My company booked me into this hotel as I was working in Newtown the norm is a travel lodge so this was a real treat.
The tom tom took me down a narrow lane but I phoned the hotel and they stayed on the phone till I got to the front door. Very courteous and honest staff.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

Living in Swindon but having family in Shropshire we found that we had an abundance of venue choices in Wiltshire and Shropshire to choose from for our December Wedding. We had originally booked another venue which had excellent reviews and was our favourite at the time, we even put initial deposits down too! But then we paid a visit to Mellington Hall out of curiosity and we just knew the minute we walked in, with the roaring fire, homely atmosphere and had a wonderful greeting from the staff that this was the perfect place for us to get married! It was perfect for me because it had such a beautiful setting with stunning views, the building was magnificent and from the word go there was no task too big or small and nothing was a problem for the staff to help accommodate the Winter Wonderland Wedding I had dreamed of since I was a little girl! It was the perfect venue for my husband because we could have exactly what we wanted, the way we wanted it and weren't dictated to by the staff at all about how the day would go, and the biggest bonus for him was the prices - excellent value for money on food and the bar prices were really reasonable compared to every other venue we had visited! So we cancelled our previous venue and booked Mellington Hall instead - we lost our deposit on the previous booking which was a little upsetting but I can promise you that I now have no regrets and that it was the best decision I made for the Wedding! We had the whole hog - we booked every room for guests to stay overnight, we had the 5 course wedding breakfast (the lamb was to die for and everything cooked to perfection) and drinks package (which was excellent because we tailored everything to what we wanted) from toast drinks being port and baileys (we're not too keen on champers), mulled wine reception drinks with canapés of mini mince pies and mini Yorkshire puds filled with beef and horseradish (none of which were on their selections but that's what we wanted so that's what they did) to the evening hog roast which was divine! Timings were completely decided by us and Kim, the wedding co-ordinator was great at adding ideas and so flexible with anything we asked for, the planning was just so easy with her! So the day itself - It was most definitely without a doubt the best day of our lives and all the guests are still talking about it - everything was just perfect, all our guests couldn't praise our venue enough, the food really was exquisite! Being the last to get married out of all of our friends, they all said that it was the best wedding breakfast that they had had, the presentation, the service, the taste was all just perfect, everything was spot on cue with Kim running around doing all the organising, it all just went so smoothly and looking back on it now, I still can't believe how perfect it all was! I had always dreamed of a wintry white wedding and my theme was winter wonderland and getting married on the 20th Dec 2010, it sure was exactly what I dreamed of with the snowy backdrop included! Although many of my guests couldn't make it due to the weather that were travelling from Wiltshire - the snow was no problem for Mellington, they cleared all the roads, put up extra people in the hotel and couldn't be more accommodating and with the roaring fire and mulled wine, it soon warmed up all the guests! If you are toying with the idea of choosing Mellington Hall - DON'T hesitate! My wedding was truly the wedding of my dreams, looking back at the pics now brings me to tears of happiness! This is without a doubt the best Venue we visited last year by a long shot and we will be going back for our anniversary's to that fabulous honeymoon suit and will be renewing our vows in 10 years there too! Mellington Hall is definitely the place to be and the perfect wedding venue!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

Just stayed for the winter blues package, which was amazing value for money. The room was spotlessly clean and with a fabulous view. The hotel is on the Offa's dyke path so after a walk it was wonderful to sit in front of a roaring fire with a drink. The staff couldn't do enough and were very friendly.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

I'm from Stoke and my new husband is from Birmingham, we were lucky enough to find Mellington Hall online. We took our mothers for lunch on Mothers day to check it out as a our potential wedding venue. It became apparent very quickly that this was the place for us! From the majestic building to the friendly welcome of the professional staff. It knocked all other potential venues out of the running.

Kim one of the management team and the resident wedding coordinator made us feel as though our wedding was the only one she was concerned with and nothing was too much trouble! As we were not local to the area her knowledge and recommendations of local wedding services and additional local accomodation for some of guests was invaluable.

Our wedding was over a weekend with our close family joining us the night before for a family pre wedding meal. We were given our own private dinning room / lounge for 10 people, it goes without saying that the food was superb and we were looked after by the wonderful staff and made to feel very special!

The following day we all had a hearty breakfast before preparing for our ceremony. All the staff at Mellington were fantastic in arranging our day and looking after our guests who had travelled some distance as they arrived at the hotel. The ceremony and the rest of the day to follow was chorographed to perfection by Kim and Lee, both so professional and warm. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they ran their team like clockwork. The wedding breakfast was an absolute delight and a number of our guests were chefs themselves and they commented on the quality of both the food and service.

Our honeymoon suite was to die for with the fantastic views over the beautiful countryside and a soak in the double bath was a delightful way to end the best day of our life!

Mellington Hall was big enough to cope but small enough to care!

If you are looking for a wedding venue then look no further than Mellington Hall, you could pay a lot more for a wedding but you would never be so well looked after as you would be at Mellington. The staff, the facilitaties and the venue offered do truely make this hotel a little gem hidden in the countryside!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Mellington Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!