“Tranquil Surrounds” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Trafalgar, Australia
“Tranquil Surrounds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is a great stop on some of the best motorbike riding roads in Victoria!

A group of us stayed here for Easter and it was great to head up or down the road for some great riding.

The lodgings were comfortable and most country folk would appreciate them (we did), but if you want the all the mod cons you will be disappointed.

The food was delicious, if a bit overpriced. Same can be said for the accommodation.

We go back for lunch during a ride, but won't stay overnight again.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Great for a beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is a great spot to enjoy a beer, some lunch and relax by the river. The meals are OK, but it's the atmosphere and a cold beer that you come here for!

Visited December 2012
Gosford, Australia
“Great Rustic Stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I loved it. As a bike rider the location is in the middle of one of the best Motorbike roads in Australia. Great hosts, great pub food and comfortable accomodation. If you are expecting the Hilton go to the Hilton. If you want a pub this is what you get. Thanks guys we had a great time.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne
“Not what it seems”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Even though the surroundings and view of the creek are beautiful I don't believe this to be a 4 star accommodation. We payed $150 for what we were told was a 4 star room. There was no air conditioning, no power points to charge phone etc ( there was emergency power points for medical equipment)' no TV, only a small bar of mediocre soap, couldn't find any coffee facilities. Food in the hotel was nothing great. This could be a lovely place to stay if they were only honest with what they can provide. I understand that there are limitations when staying in the alpine areas especially with power and mobile reception but that doesn't mean you can call something 4 star when it's not

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Canberra
“Impressed by lovely surounds but not the Chicken Parmigiana”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife and I recently had lunch at the Blue Duck and left with mixed impressions. We certainly were captivated by the Restaurant's lush and tranquil surrounds, especially the fast flowing creek just metres away from the Omeo Highway.
My wife had Rogan Josh from the blackboard (AUD $18.00) and I, after many years, chose the Chicken Parmigiana (AUD $22.00) from the standard menu. My wife was happy with her dish and enjoyed it very much. The lamb was tender and the dish piquant without being too spicy. Unfortunately, I was not happy with my choice. I had expected the cheese and ham to be sandwiched between the chicken breast rather than placed on top of it (see attached image). Obviously, I must be old school but that's the way I remember how it was done. After some desk top research, however, I now realise that this cooking method is widely practised. Whilst the presentation of both dour dishes was fine, I was not particularly impressed with the taste of mine. In my opinion, the poultry meat was too bland and could have been cooked a little longer. The chips were overly salted but the side salad was good. Based on my experience this time, I give this establishment only an average rating with respect to the food consumed. As for the outdoor setting and its vista - the Blue Duck Inn is a great location. The interior of this restaurant seems to be deliberately kept basic and 'rustic' but somehow lacked charm. Again, this is a personal and very subjective impression. In summary: would definitely drop in again if the situation arises.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to The Blue Duck Inn Hotel Pub? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Blue Duck Inn Hotel Pub, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.