“An Excellent Trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Attractions in Wiltshire
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Zoos & Aquariums
Activities: Birdwatching
More attraction details
Owner description: Hungry birds and tourists alike love the Rocklands Bird Sanctuary and Feeding Station, where visitors get to feed these colorful feathered creatures by hand. current fee US$15.00 December 1 fees go to US$20 per person but now includes coffee tea or Juice.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“An Excellent Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This really is off the beaten path, but we had a blast. Getting there can be a little rough, so get someone who has been there before. The road is in bad shape for the last half mile or so. Expect it to be a slow go. When we got there, we were amazed about all the birds around. We spent an hour and a half there in total. The real treat was having the hummingbirds land on your finger and eat sugar water out of a bottle. Our guide, Fritz, was a great guide. As we walked around to look at the plants, small reptiles, and birds, we would stop and feed the hummingbirds as we went. They were stalking us after all since we had the sugar water that they wanted. I swear to you that I had about 5 hummingbirds eating out of my hands, and my wife had double that. Cost is only $20pp, but we tipped our guide a little extra because of the extra special attention he took for us. As for the taxi ride, I highly recommend Lindsay McFarlane. He knows the way in and back. His email is snljamaicantours@hotmail.com and tell him that Brian and Jen sent you!

Visited May 2013

St. George, Bermuda
19 attraction reviews
“Birds in Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Amazing!!! The drive to this sanctuary is worth it!!! The 70 acres of lush greenery is a birds paradise. To sit and feed a humming bird that sits on your fingers is just magical. You don't want to leave. It is addictive just watching all the birds and waiting for another humming bird to land on your finger. Fritz, the caretaker is fabulous and he sings special sounds to attract the birds to land on your finger. Highly recommended to anyone that loves birds and nature.

Visited April 2013
Thompson, Canada
“Get up close with the National Bird”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The gardens here are beautiful and the guides are very friendly. I learned a lot about the local flora and fauna. Baby goats to see. You must be patient, but several varieties of hummingbirds will land on your finger to drink nectar from a little bottle. Great photo op!

Visited December 2012
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Two hours of heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

To sit quietly on a lovely veranda at a beautiful stone cottage is heaven. To wait for the hummingbirds and doctor birds to rest on your finger is heaven. To wander the gardens is heaven. To enjoy the quiet is heaven. I hope everyone who reads this review gets to enjoy this heavenly place. This is our third trip to the Sanctuary and I'd go back again and again.

Visited January 2013
Newcastle, United Kingdom
76 attraction reviews
“Amazing find - highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We found this sanctuary after searching for things to do in Jamaica on Tripadvisor. We were based in Ocho Rios and rented a driver for the day, it took about 90 minutes to get here, but as the others have said the road is terrible for the last kilometer, I wouldn't like to drive myself. The sanctuary is just a man's back garden but it's clear he cares about the birds and knows a lot about them. My mum fed the hummingbirds and absolutely loved it (I was too scared of the noise their wings made - but I was the photographer instead). Quite expensive considering you're just sitting in someone's garden at $20 each, considering the average weekly wage in Jamaica is $50 but it was worth it. We weren't asked to tip and the man happily took photos. Would recommend it for a few hours, where else will you ever see humming birds this close?

Visited March 2013