“WOW!!! Impressively splendid property and owners.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blackler Barton House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Landscove
Blackler Barton House
You added Blackler Barton House to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Private Road, Landscove TQ13 7LZ, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Landscove B&B and Inns
Reading, United Kingdom
“WOW!!! Impressively splendid property and owners.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Words will never do this place nor the lovely owners justice. You really have to experience this to know what I mean. I've never felt tearful leaving a place like I felt when I left Blackler Barton this morning.
The owners: as soon as we parked in what can only be referred to as paradise, Julie and Dennis came rushing to greet us. We felt so welcomed. Lots of people smile, but some people have this very special smile that makes you feel that the world has suddenly become wonderful and peaceful and friendly. Well this and more is how you feel when you meet Julie. Dennis too immediately rushes to help with the luggage and welcomes you in a more reserved and yet extremely friendly and relaxed manner. We've never stayed anywhere before where we had this welcome.
The house: This property is just so beautiful, so very very beautiful. The landscape is part of paradise. The calm atmosphere is unrivalled. The beautiful, interesting, clean, neat, stylish, unique décor, added to it the fact that the building retains it's beautiful structure as a farmhouse adds to the whole experience. It is a wonderfully fascinating beautiful warm place and people.
The experience: I'm very obsessive when it comes to clean bathrooms and clean bedrooms and always panic before I get in a B&B or a hotel, almost to the point where I ask my husband to go in and check first before I do.......BUT not this time. I had no reason to think it is anything less than perfect and I was right. As soon as we walked in the house and went up to the bedroom I had no doubt that I was in a spotlessly clean house. The room and the bathroom were beautifully and perfectly decorated and extremely clean (even under my critical eye, I couldn't fault it). The fire place down stairs is gorgeous and relaxing. The breakfast is wonderful and tasty and filling. As for Julie....what an interesting, warm and friendly person.
If there are 10 things you should do before you die, make one of them a stay at Blackler Barton House with Julie and Dennis. WE ARE DEFINITELY GOING BACK and next time we will stay longer.

Room Tip: If you choose this place then all the rooms will be fantastic.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

A beautiful old house and friendly and helpful owners - I turned up with a trailer unexpectedly and it was no bother, they even helped me turn it round by hand! Very comfortable, very quiet and a cooked breakfast that was just perfectly done, neither too much nor too little. If you read a negative review about this place I would suggest the problem is with the visitors rather than the owners! Would love to spend more time here rather than just an overnight. For the money charged, why go anywhere else!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Somewhere in England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is indeed a first rate place. Room was excellent as was the bathroom. The house is set in a magnificent area and I was surprised to see bats flying about in the evening. The hosts were very friendly and we realy had a square deal.
One handy safety tip is that if you cannot find Blackler Barton House and need to call (as I did) the telephone reception is not that good, however it you stand on the highest point of the Landcove village green you should be able to get a connection.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Had an absolutely wonderful time at this beautifully appointed B&B. The historic house has a warm, welcoming feel and is set in a tranquil garden with lovely country views. Our kind and hospitable hosts, Julie and Dennis, helped to make our stay even more memorable. The organic breakfasts are a treat. I will never forget Julie's wonderful porridge! I can also recommend the nearby Riverford organic restaurant for a special meal.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Kallista
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed two nights in this immaculate B&B near Totnes in Devon. Julie and Dennis made us feel very welcome, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever slept in. They had an interesting collection of object d'Art, lovely garden with interesting Eucalypts and a most delicious breakfast. We would recommend it unreservedly.

Room Tip: Two rooms were ensuite our room had a separate bathroom just next door with robes provided and this...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Orange Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

On arrival at Blackler Barton, after a very warm welcome, we were served a delicious Devonshire tea out in the garden-best scones ever! Rooms were immaculate, Julie and Dennis were very helpful-nothing was too much trouble. And of course we enjoyed the best English breakfast each morning. We stayed 3 nights, and would have loved to stay longer!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Julie and Dennis are the most gentle and attentive hosts.
My wife, daughter and I were made to feel very at home at Blackler Barton Farm House. As were my brother and sister in-law.
Wonderful clean and comfortable rooms, outstanding organic breakfast and use of their special garden.
We enjoyed watching the spotted woodpeckers that are nesting in the old apple tree.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Blackler Barton House? Share your experiences!