“Good gluten-free eating” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Sermet's Courtyard offers a delicious Mediterranean cuisine including fresh, local catch, humanely treated antibiotic-free beef, seasonal produce, locally made pasta, and a full bountiful bar including a vast wine menu. We are located 1 block from the Wando Riverfront, less than 1/2 mile from the Family Circle Tennis Stadium, and within 1 mile to Blackbaud Soccer Stadium. Take Rt. 526 to exit #24-Daniel Island, to River Landing Drive.
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
“Good gluten-free eating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was happy eating at this pleasant place that's a little off the main Daniel Island drag. The server was knowledgeable about gluten, and directed me to several choices. My salmon was cooked well, delicious, and accomplanied by a nice vegetable sautee that included a fascinating food that was new to me: watermelon radish. It was tasty and fun to eat. Hubby was not so excited about his penne pasta dish, which was just okay.

Visited September 2012

Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is a charming little restaurant , tucked away on Daniel Island.
It has a lovely, romantic court yard with a beautiful garden and candle light beside you. The menu has a mix of European dishes, that will delight your senses! The service is excellent and the food is fantastic. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone!

Visited September 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great food, great service, and nice atmoshere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We love Sermet's Courtyard! This is our "go-to" favorite on Daniel Island. The food is outstanding; the staff members are gracious and appreciative for our business and that makes a difference in the total dining experience. From the crusty bread and superb dipping oil to the outstanding coconut cake and everything in between, Sermet's Courtyard is just great. We especially love dining outdoors. The Courtyard is simply charming.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great atmosphere with quality food and a friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This was my second visit to Sermet's Courtyard and the food was great for the second time. Each visit, my fiance and I ordered something different, so we have eaten four entries so far. Sermet's is 4 for 4 of very good food. We look forward to going back and trying more on the menu.

We went for a walk afterwards, which we recommend you do as well. Once you exit the restaurant, take a right, and you can follow the sidewalk to the dock and walk along the river.

Beautifully located, great food, good wine and a friendly staff. What else can you ask for in a restaurant?

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charleston
“No Southern Hospitality Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The treatment my family and I received upon arrival was very disappointing. I called earlier in the day and left my request for a reservation on their answering machine. My call was returned later that day confirming the reservation. We were looking forward to dining at Sermet's Courtyard until we entered the restaurant and gave the hostess our name. They had no record of our reservation on this very busy night. The hostess and her assistant double checked the list to no avail. I know this can and does happen. I can accept that and would have appreciated an apology for the error. However, when I repeated how the reservation was made and confirmed to the owner, he questioned the facts and doubted if I had actually received the confirming call. I was surprised and taken back by this very rude treatment. There are many wonderful restaurants in Charleston which go out of their way to make the evening a very enjoyable experience for their guests. Unfortunately Sermet's Courtyard is not one of them.

Visited August 2012