“ANY OTHER PLACE WOULD BE BETTER” 2 of 5 stars
Review of I-Tara Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added I-Tara Resort & Spa to your Saves list
I-Tara Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   109 Moo 3, Lam Pak Bia Beach | (First Sand Beach), T.Laem Pak Bia, Ban Laem 76000, Thailand   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Ban Laem
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“ANY OTHER PLACE WOULD BE BETTER”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We recently booked an ocean view villa with daily breakfast buffet. To see the ocean one would need to stand on deck and look around the trees and the rooms in front.When I asked to be moved to one of the ocean front rooms and would pay any additional cost I was told that was not possible even though they had vacancies. As far as a villa is concerned...it was just a small average hotel room with one lounging chair. The buffet breakfast was OK but on our second day we were told there was no buffet offered as they had a very low occupancy.. not my fault.The beach is small and not cleaned of debris and the lounge chairs shown on their web site are not on the beach but on a small deck...the chairs were dirty having never been cleaned. The worst part is that their employees, unlike most of Thailand, never smiled or greeted you. My suggestion for staying at the I Tara is DO NOT.

Room Tip: Your best room choice would be at any other hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Thai first
Sioux Falls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed at iTara for 5 nights to ring in the new year (2013). The staff was very accommodating. We got there before our rooms were ready but the staff made our wait very pleasant. We were allowed to leave our bags behind the front desk and were escorted into the restaurant to eat and to check out the pool/beach. The rooms were spacious and clean, bathrooms were huge. The food in the restaurant was great...lots of thai/seafood but American food, burgers and fries as well. The resort put on a great new years celebrations with a beautiful buffet, out door eating by the pool/ocean, traditional thai dancers, and wonderful decor. It didn't feel like a big drunken party scene, much to our delight, and the next day the ambiance quickly returned to the peaceful getaway that it is. Beach was clean and wide...and private. But with privacy comes a short beach that you can't just walk for miles. I do wish there were more lounge chairs on the sand...but the pool deck is right on the ocean so it's close enough. We were actually there with a group for a week conference. The conference room was great and they provided food and snacks, water for us. Had a great, peaceful stay!

Room Tip: I think almost all rooms have an ocean view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I live in Bangkok so I love visiting I-Tara Resort and Spa because it is so close. A nice, relaxing, quiet beach getaway from the hustle and bustle polluted city life. I LOVE staying at the beachfront rooms because you can wake up to the beautiful sights and sounds of the ocean right in your front yard, and you get much more bang for your buck compared to other beachfront rooms at other resorts. Also loved the spa. Great atmosphere and very good massages, both Thai and aroma. Food is excellent and service very friendly. Highly recommend and will come back again and again!!!! <3

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Rooms are very nice with good natural ambiance.Although nice place to take a break but without news channel like CNN is missing part for me.
One suggestion is more variety of menu like special seafood dishes will be helpful for visitors because of lack of restaurants around there.
Suggest to stay at least three nights to make your trip worthwhile.....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bang Phli, Samut Prakan, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

One thing I feel when arriving this hotel is...I want to throw everything and stay. Nice and clean beach if we compare with Hua Hin or Cha-am while it's not so far from there, but the sea color is dark. It will be better if you have personal car to go there, otherwise you have to got off the public transport at Chaosumran beach which is not so far from there. Outside the resort, there is the Royal Project, you can walk inside the forest which is close to the sea. There are many seafood local resturant not far from the hotel, you can select what you want. BTW, the hotel design is modern style, new, and very nice swimming pool as an infinity edge to the sea. The garden is cute with big tree landmark. Inside the room have everything as standard but feel comfortable because the room size is ok. The breakfast is also standard buffet. If you need to go there for relaxation, you have to avoid weekend because so many people in the swimming pool with kids. Internet wirless is also provided. Overall for this hotel is nice, and will be the 1st choice to stay if you want to go to Petchburi.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We have been there for a couple of days. Its quiet and very natural. The garden is beautiful. The raining swimming pool is fantastic. Sitting on the deck above the beach at night with beers is the best moment there. I notice that nearly all lamp are the LED!!! Service is very friendly. Only one thing that I dislike is - could not stay more.

Room Tip: Almost all rooms face to the sea. The best are single villas which you can see the sea all day and n...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to I-Tara Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!