I love this place! There is nothing more relaxing than sitting in the hammock on the deck of you floating room and watching the river running by with the beautiful green mountains in the background. We literally slept on the river, with the water flowing underneath the float and hearing nothing but the sound of the jungle. There is no electricity on the floats and I didn't miss it at all. It was so relaxing. A true back to the basics experience.
In the evening we had some cocktails in the also floating restaurant and they were great and very affordable. Dinner was included in our tour package and our tour guide even arranged separate delicious vegetarian dishes for me as well.
The whole resort is just wonderful as is the surrounding! We went for a stroll to the Mon village as well and I really enjoyed the calm atmosphere and experiencing the authentic culture there. During the day the village is a bit empty, because many of the inhabitants work on the rafts. However you will see kids playing - or going to the lovely school, which you can also visit.
My personal highlights: the elephants and the river jump(s)!
We saw the elephants bathing right next to the bridge from the rafts to the village and even got to touch them. On our way back one elephant was blocking the bridge with his trunk but could be convinced to move it with some fruits. :)
The river jump is another thing, you should definitely do! Put on a life jacket, walk all the way to the top of the rafts and jump in the river. It is so refreshing and fun. You just have to make sure you catch hold of the last ladder. :)
Loved it and hope I can go back there soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- River Kwai Jungle Rafts. The original floating hotel or Floatel since 1976 in Kanchanaburi Thailand. It was recognized as UNSEEN PARADISE in Thailand and welcoming people around the world. The River Kwai Jungle Rafts is selected as one of the best for floating hotels in the world by The Telegraph UK in 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your River Kwai Jungle Rafts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Kwai Jungle Rafts Hotel Kanchanaburi
- River Kwai Jungle Rafts Kanchanaburi
- River Kwai Jungle Rafts Thailand/Kanchanaburi Province - Sai Yok