“Fantastic resort – huge romantic swimming pool” 5 of 5 stars

Hotspring Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   79 Moo 8 Na Toey, Thai Mueang 82120, Thailand   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Thai Mueang
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Fantastic resort – huge romantic swimming pool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

It is a five star resort with huge swimming pool and other two pools for the hotspring water (45-48 degrees). Some rooms have direct access to the swimming pool, some have river view. The pool direct access rooms are the best. Rooms are large clean and nicely decorated. The gardens are nice too and well maintained. The resort has its private beach but not well for swimming due to safety reasons. Check-in and checkout is fast and smooth. Breakfast is good but very basic. The resort is in an isolated area and difficult to reach, but once in the resort you in another world. The resort is about 15 min drive north Phuket. The resort main attraction is the hotspring pools and the nice swimming pool. Many groups come to the hotel from china, Russia and Europe. It is nice for romantic relaxation. All staff is helpful and polite. The service is Excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Thai first
Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Great concept of enjoying hot springs, resort is only 3 star, summer there means rain so the beachside restaurant was not open. Spa ok, but but great service for the cost as its much higher than outside prices. Breakfast simple but enjoyable. Villas lovely, however we stayed in poolside room. Clean rooms, spacious at 45sqm. FB service really lacks, poolside service staff took ages to serve and clear plates. Pool staff managed to break a bottle right next to the pool, glass going inside the pool we tried to rescue it. Can see there is no leadership at the resort, althouth there is a manager around. Reception staff who welcomed us was helpful and sincere, but FB staff need more development to be service minded and proactive as they now spend all time when no guests sitting at the bar area waiting for something to happen.

Room Tip: If you have the money spend it on a Villa. To enjoy quiet dont book the poolside rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights. This was the second time we stayed here. The location is very quiet and isolated but that's what we liked. It's about a 30 min drive from phuket airport. The hotel provides a free shuttle though to the next supermarket located in Kok Kloi approx. 10min away.

We had a deluxe seaview room. We actually payed around $40 more than 2 years ago although it was the same season, but there hasn't been any upgrades to room. In fact the buildings have seen better years. Everything is getting a bit old, something was wrong with the aircondition in our tract and it was horribly noisy. The staircase was very dirty, room service leftovers had been parked there for days.

The best part of the hotel are the 2 hot spring pools and the huge main pool (cool), that's pretty much what we came back for. A shocker for us though were the big amounts of day tourists that were dropped off at the hotel by bus and came for a dip and a free young coconut EVERYDAY. Getting a sunbed at this time was almost impossible and when they left, the whole pool area was full of garbage and tons of these young coconuts that began to smell. I wouldn't judge the hotel for bringing in some extra cash with day tourists but loads of them isn't a good idea in respect to the paying hotel guests who are not able to enjoy the pool facilities anymore. Keep in mind this is a 5 star hotel!!

The hotel has 2 restaurants, one at the pool and one close to the beach. Breakfast was buffet style and very good. Dinner was mediocre and pretty expensive, we mostly had thai food. As soon as the last guests have left the staff would turn up the music. Our room was close to the restaurant so we pretty much had to listen to their music until about almost 11pm. Let them have their fun too, ok, but again for a 5 star hotel... not very professional.

The Beach is beautifull and you have it all to yourself. It wouldnt hurt though if someone occasionally cleans up the garbage.

Overall it could be a great resort they just need to focus more on the hotel guests wellbeing and also make some upgrades to the rooms and improve the cleanliness in the hotel hallways/ staircases.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Kokkedal, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We booked online following reading reviews at Tripadvisor. The hotel resort is beautiful with plenty of space, well kept gardens and a wonderful pool with adjacent hot spring pools.
Some previous reviews state there is no beach access due to a damaged bridge. This is not correct as it has been reasonably repaired so even my 4 and 5 year olds could get across - however do note the sand beach is steep and only suited for strong swimmers.
As reviewed elsewhere the prices for food etc is quite high compared to Thai benchmarks - however the food is also very good and delicious apart from a few misses.
One nuisance was checking out - we were told none of our 6 credit cards worked and we failed to explain the staff what it probably meant when the credit card machine said "no dial tone". So we had to be escorted to the nearest city to withdraw money from a series of ATM machines.
Overall would recommend this hotel for a pleasant stay with friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Phuket, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

My husband and I travelled here with my parents who were visiting us from the UK. We booked this online with a huge discount from the advertised rate which made me slightly suspicious, but the photos and reviews looked good and it was located in the area that we wanted to stay (although i must point out this hotel is very remote and not close to bars and restaurants). When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised by how lavish the grounds were and how well kept it was. The check in was quick and efficient and the hotel and the swimming pool area really looked good. We were taken to our rooms and again no complaints, we had sea view rooms as advertised and they were large and modern with a huge bathroom.

We had arrived late afternoon and my husband and father went off to the local supermarket to get a few things for us and me and my mum walked over to the beach. Once I had convinced my mum to walk across the rickety hand made wooden bridge they have in place at the end of the pier, we walked along a stunning deserted sandy beach enjoying the outlook. We walked back later to meet our partners and this was our first experience of ordering something in the hotel, when we all decided to have a pre dinner drink. The young girl there was asleep at her desk and when we woke her she came and took our order. We then waited 20 minutes as she went back and forth doing other tasks. She seemed pre-occupied so In the end we decided that we would forget about the drink and go and shower and get ready for dinner.

We came back to the restaurant a couple of hours later. The waiter came and welcomed us and gave us menus and we tried again to order drinks, Can we have some white wine we asked, "No sorry we have no white wine", can we have 2 Cokes please? "no sorry we have no coke" by this time me and my mum had got the giggles, my father was less impressed but asked then "well if you have no white wine can we bring our own bottle?" to which they replied "No problem" so from his earlier shopping trip he went and got his own bottle of wine from the room. We ordered Thai Food for Dinner which was superb, fresh, well presented and really tasty. We ate in the restaurant for 3 nights (all three with our own wine) and we would recommend you stick with the Thai food as opposed to the western selection as this was definitely the best. We took our wine every evening and we had good service and a pleasant atmosphere.

What we realised as time went on in our stay was that we saw the same staff all the time whether it was breakfast or late at night in the restaurant. All of which were very helpful and very polite. We are not surprised they are tired and are surprised they remain as cheerful as they do.

Unfortunately this hotel is greatly under staffed, and is being let down by this. The cleanliness when looking closely is not up to scratch generally but in the rooms you notice it, I could write my name in the dust behind my bed! The hotel is looking tired in parts and this is a real shame as this is really a beautiful hotel set in stunning grounds it just needs a little bit more TLC!

For the price we paid we have no real complaints we really enjoyed our stay, we just feel that the hotel would be more full if they could just improve their attention to detail, and get more staff.

Room Tip: The beach front rooms by the evening restaurant are great!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

I really have to say that the Hotspring resort and spa was an amazing experience for my body mind and soul. And the warmth and friendly service of the staff made my stay a treat. The only negatives were it could do with a few new umbrellas by the pool it is a beautiful oasis and the old umbrellas don't do it justice. Also the statues in the hotspring need to be restored as they are broken. I would also recommend a service book in the rooms for guest explaining the use of the hotsprings, also with the room service menu and spa menu and may be also a list of some of the local attractions. The spa menu was very basic and we would have indulged more if they had some more treatments like facials, pedicure etc. May be when I go back some of these improvements will have been done as it would only enhance the natural beauty of the resort

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
hotspringgm, General Manager at Hotspring Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 24, 2011
Dear Rosina,

Thank you so much for your positive, yet beneficial report on your stay with us. I have noted all the things that you have suggested for improvement, and will work on enhancing them for your next stay with us. I have posted your review to all the department managers concerned to inform their staff of your comments and i'm sure they will be delighted to hear them.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Best regards
Jonathan Dee
Phuket, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

Hi there my name is Antonio Fernandez, I´m Spanish, and I went to have a weekend of relax out of Phuket, place where I live and I work, I booked this hotel through an agency I usually use and I really trust, Hotel travel. com. From 16-17 of April of 2011, just last weekend.

*First the bad things: The air condition stopped to work at 1.Am in my only night booked at the room 613 Deluxe Sea View Room, It was working before during the time we were at the room. Could you imagine how I and my friend slept that night?

We wake up many times and checked the air condition but still didn’t work. Nothing we could do, and as the reception at the hotel said when we did the check in, it was fully book for that night we didn’t see the point to bother the reception at 1.am at night.

Next day after the buffet breakfast, with surprisingly no butter for the toast, I went to do the check out. My intention was to complain at the reception and just to get an apologize nothing else, but I couldn’t believe the staff didn’t care at all and even said a sorry, They were so busy with Khun Thai Customer and as I am a Farang they didn’t care at all, they were only care to call the room service to check if I use something of the minibar, I told them I didn’t then they stopped to call the room service to check. I started to get angry because the deal with me likes I'm nothing... I said this because I asked for complaining form and they said they don’t have, and they gave a paper to note whatever I want to say to pass to the Manager and THE RECEPTION GIRL AT 12 AM IN THE HOTEL SAID IN THAI TO THE OTHER GIRL "PAI LOI", meaning you can go already, Really rude and impolite because I speak enough Thai to understand them, obviously I refuse to writhe nothing in a paper they are going to throw away as it’s a non official paper of the hotel. Then I asked the email of the manager and they the point me the info@thehotsrping... which it’s the email normal inquiries then they wrote me the gm@hotspring... mail which I think it could be the email. But I didn’t send it yet as I’m not so sure about it.

This makes me so unhappy and so angry with the hotel just the worst behave of hotel staff I ever saw in my life.

The good things of the hotel I better let other customer say about it because this only thing make feel like I to don’t want to spend my energies on it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
hotspringgm, General Manager at Hotspring Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
Dear Antonio,

Firstly i would like to thank you for the first part of the Headline, the second part concerns me greatly. Having read through your comments, i can only assume you stayed with us sometime during the period between the 14-18th of this month as were indeed full on each day and had a contingent of VIP Thai guests who were attending a huge function in Phuket on the 15th. Not to say that is an excuse for the unpleasant service you received.

I guess living in Thailand, as you clearly do, you have some understanding of Thai culture. I can only imagine that during your check out experience, the reception staff were under a lot of pressure to serve the dignitaries and sadly you were "2nd best" during that period. To be honest, our reception staff are some of the nicest staff i have worked with in my 21 years here in Thailand. However i cannot use that as an excuse and i wont. I have met with the staff at front desk already to investigate the incident and reminded them of the importance of customer service and at the very least, acknowledgement of the customer even if service is not readily available.

With regards to the aircon not working during the night, our normal procedure would be to relocate our guests to another room but as you stated, we were indeed fully booked during that period and we had no rooms to juggle with. I do appreciate you understanding that as you said in your comments.

I sincerely hope that you will consider returning shortly for another weekend break from Phuket, and if you do, please feel free to contact me directly to make the booking. My email is correct as given by our front office staff : gm@thehotspringbeach.com

Kind regards
Jonathan Dee

Been to Hotspring Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!