“Amazing Lifechanging Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kailash Akhara Yoga Retreat Center

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Phu Ruea
Kailash Akhara Yoga Retreat Center
You added Kailash Akhara Yoga Retreat Center to your Saves list
134-135 Moo 3 | Rong Chik, Phu Ruea 42160, Thailand   |
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
“Amazing Lifechanging Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I spent a month in Kailash Akhara in Ayurveda, Yoga and Meditation retreat. I had amazing classes both theoretical and practical. I learned how to integrate the Ayurveda and Yoga knowledge to my daily life after I went home. I was very well received by loving staff. I had a special time living in nature, eating great local organic food cooked by a great Thai chef, and socializing with a dharma community. It is hard to describe in words what I gained from my time there. Coming back to the city wasn`t easy (I live in Rio de Janeiro, a Brazilian metropolis). I can`t wait for my next trip to Kailash Akahra!

Room Tip: Corner suits are cooler.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I came from Los Angeles via Bangkok, for an extensive Yoga Retreat. At Kailash Akhara I was doing Hatha Yoga everyday, practicing permaculture and learning various Yogic philosophies with people from all over the world. It was a real special time in my life and one that I will never forget. I loved Kailash Akhara and Thailand so much so that on April 2010 I married a lovely Thai woman from Phu Ruea.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at Kailash Akhara for 3 separate yoga, meditation and martial arts retreats in 2008, 2009, and 2010. My wife was there in June, 2013. All retreats were 3 weeks to 3 months long. I have also stayed their just for fun, to work the land with the permanent residents, and to practice yoga on my own (for one 1-month stretch). The land is beautifully situated in the mountains of Phu Ruea. The teachers and residents are fun loving, down-to-earth people. A group or family could go here to visit and relax, to concentrate on serious spiritual personal growth, or just about anything in between. I strongly advise renting a motorbike if you stay here so that you can explore the beautiful flower farms, mountains, waterfalls, rivers and lakes nearby. Kailash Akhara place has awesome food, one of the largest out door yoga studios in the world, a seriously bad-azz martial arts training gym, and so many flowers, birds, lizards and other wonders, it truly is not to be missed. I look forward to go back regularly for the rest of my life. - S. Young

Room Tip: The rooms on the north-west side have the coolest temperatures.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have been on two retreats at Kailash Akhara over the last few years, and I’ve also participated in their permaculture gardening &tree planting programs. The property is large, with tons of trees (Lychee, teak, bamboo, banana, papaya, and more), permaculture gardens, beautiful buildings, a huge temple for yoga or meditation, a really large workout sports center with open walls, swimming ponds, and it’s away in the countryside from the mountain resort town of Phu Ruea. Really amazing place to get away to and just relax, go on retreat (of whatever sort: yoga, meditation, health cultivation, more). It is big enough so that you can wander on your own, take quiet walks, and enjoy the incredible beauty of this mountain area. The views are amazing from dawn with the sun rising up from behind the mountain to dusk with huge dramatic sunsets, evocative clouds and a welcome breeze. The programs run at KA are very professional and offer authentic guidance in meditation practices, and yoga programs, as well as health programs, and delicious meals. I like that they run the center based on permaculture principles and design so that water isn’t wasted, all food scraps are composted to nourish the soil – it’s really cool in that way. Many centers don’t value that type of sustainability and green mindset. I also like the freedom to have time on my own as well as top notch programs (and have 3 meals served a day!). I would wholeheartedly recommend a retreat of any type to anyone I know.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed at KA for one month and could not have been more pleased. The grounds are lovely, the accommodations are comfortable, the food is good, and the community is excellent. I recommend it for anyone visiting the area, and event as a destination for someone in need of restoration and retreat time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Kailash Akhara Yoga Retreat Center? Share your experiences!