“Quite nice.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of PhuNaCome Resort

You added PhuNaCome Resort to your Saves list
PhuNaCome Resort
3.5 of 5 Specialty Resort   |   461 Moo 3 Ban Doen | Dansai, Dan Sai 42120, Thailand   |
bangkok
“Quite nice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I normally come to Dan Sai for the Phi Ta Khon festival but had some time on my hands and decided to come during the quiet 362 of 365 days each year.

This really is a nice place, hard to find fault but I do have a couple of comments I'll save for the moment. The location is just outside of Dan Sai, great views of the surrounding countryside from the pool, which was larger than I thought it would be.

Room was well appointed, bed very comfortable. Not much on the tube besides local Thai TV so don't go for that. WiFi reception was quite good. Food was excellent although the breakfast was somewhat disappointing, no croissants laid out, no buffet, just eggs, toast, sausage, coffee, not bad but not great. The grounds are quite nice and can be walked in a short time. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

I am a little suspicious of the "green" tag that is put on Phunacome. In the room, there was no option to reuse towels (if there was, I didn't see it). This would be the first thing I would suspect of an establishment that promoted protecting the environment. Not a big deal but they should consider doing this for consistency with the theme of the resort.

The price is very high considering the remoteness of the region. However, it was a pleasant stay and I would recommend it to anyone out on a binge for whom money isn't an issue.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Thai first
Warnsveld
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Very spacious beautifully arranged bungalows and rooms on a hillslope. The vision of the owner and the staff on eco tourism is worked out in many practical applications; no plastic bottels or bags, organic garden. Home made soap etc.They stimulate in the rural surrounding to improve the contact with the local culture. We used their mountainbikes to make fascinating cycle tours in the rice paddies.
A special remark on the delicious breakfast

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Khon Kaen, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I first thought it would one of those typically Thai resorts, expensive but not value for money. But I was wrong! It started with that the front-desk lady walked out to the parking to welcome me. It made me feel right at home. The resort is indeed "expensive" (at least for Thai standards) but my Grande Deluxe room was big and comfortable, with a private balcony and bathroom with bath-tub and shower. And in-room free Wifi.

The resort in located just a few km's out of Dan Sai, along the hills overlooking Dan Sai. The resort has a huge garden, or more like a park with a pound and a walking trail to watch birds and the buffalo's walking the the garden.

In the evening I had a great diner at the "Buffalo Restaurant" and the small (salt water) swimming pool.

Although there was not much staff (my only complain) the staff was friendly and service minded.

And also the breakfast was an big surprise .... freshly baked croissants, home made bread and a nice fresh made cup of tea. A great start of the day while sitting on the veranda and enjoying the sunrise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

It is worth the effort to travel to this resort- it is so beautiful and serene; the staff was among the best I have ever experienced in six different trips throughout Thailand, and the food is absolutely delicious and fresh. The town of Dan Sai is quite interesting and the people are quite friendly. The rooms are huge, furnished well, with terrific bathrooms. One of the nicest and most genuine places you will find in Thailand, I assure you. A beautiful setting, wonderful attention from the staff, and really great food. Get off the usual tourist route and see real Thailand at its finest.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Phuket, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

The first time we went to PhuNaCome Resort was during summer last year. Me and my family were on a trip around Thailand. Usually for summer we would go to Italy every year, but this year we decided to change it up a bit so we decided that we were gonna take a road trip. We live in Phuket so we started from Phuket and drove up to Loei and stopping at places in between.

When we arrived, we parked the car and walked in, the receptionist came out and greeted us very well and offered to carry our bags. The outside of the hotel looks simple, but nice. The whole place is mainly wooden and links to a terrace that overviews the valley and the swimming pool. The view is pretty amazing, there are buffalos walking around in the fields so you feel in touch with nature.

The room we stayed in was decorated with lots of little buffalo figures which I think looks cute. The resort is very eco friendly, the toiletries in the bathroom are put into paper bags instead of plastic bags. In the room there's also a basket that you can take to go to the market, so my mum decided that I should take it to 7-eleven which I thought was embarrassing but in the end agreed to it. The room is spacious with the window facing the view of the fields. The bathroom looks okay but I think they should have a curtain for the shower so the water doesn't go everywhere.We are required to order dinner one hour before we want to eat but I think that's fine. The Thai food was delicious, the breakfast however wasn't a buffet but it was still pretty good.

There is a swimming pool that also overlooks the valley, it was nice and refreshing from a long day of travel. There is also a library where you can borrow books or DVDs to watch in your room. We only stayed there for two nights and I thought it was pretty amazing. The place is green, peaceful and overall a very great place to stay. There is also a dog and it was so cute and super friendly :)

I think this would be a great place if you're looking forward to a relaxing and calm trip with your family or friends.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

My family and I stayed at this resort for a night. First I booked for 2 nights but canceled the another night booking once we were there. They were kind enough to canceled it free.

The resort is nice, quite and decorate with all the buffalo dolls. My daughter was fascinating by the real buffalow walking around the resort. The room was clean. The bathroom was ok, I think they should put a curtain or partition between the shower area from other part because after showered, it wet everywhere.

The staff are really nice and friendly. Breakfast was good even it's not a buffe type but nothing to complaint at all.

Room Tip: I would recommend this resort to anybody who like to relax and have a quite time in a peaceful surro...