“I loved it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baannamping Riverside Village

You added Baannamping Riverside Village to your Saves list
Baannamping Riverside Village
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   59/1-4 Moo 7 Chonlapratarn Road | Khua Mung, Saraphi 50140, Thailand   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Saraphi
Kaiserslautern, Germany
“I loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

I stayed for 3 nights at the Baannamping Riverside, directly on the Ping River. I was pleasant surprised to enjoy my stay with it's beautifull designed, big rooms with their own terace, the big garden area and natural surroundings. Very quit Area, no traffic at all.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. I liked the refreshing salt-water pool, excellent food, in an nice and romantic ambience and perfect service.
Really sad to leave.
But I will come back soon ,I booked already again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
köln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

It was a wonderful trip through the north of thailand. At Baan Namping I found the climax of relaxation! The Resort is specialised to relaxation and wellness. And this was exactly what I needed.The food as well as the sercive was very good,too! Next year I'll come back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

This place is catering for those who want to escape the noise and hectic of down town Chiang Mai but still close enough to join the evening crowd in the music pubs along the river and bridges. Ca 20 minutes by car south, this is a great alternative stay away from downtown. We came back to this place as it is very close to the handicraft and furniture village 'Baan Tawai' where we needed to scout and order teak and other hard wood furniture for our new house in Bangkok.

The service level is comparable to most higher star resorts with kitchen service (almost) around the clock, proper and clean room service, spacious rooms in your own villa with a fully sized kitchen and a bath room with rain showers.

The most attractive point is surely the location with its tranquil river and all te live that comes with it, including villagers in sampans going fishing or doing whatever they do on the river since generations.

Old rain trees are giving the nicely manicured garden a cosy feeling and over all the most dangerous thing is that you slip into full tranquility simply enjoying to read the book you wanted to finish since long time or writing the report you had in mind since last year.

As Internet is speedy and for free, this might be the perfect place for the business person who needs to step out of the office rat race, to step back and do some kind of creative brain work, annual account planning or setting up the road map for a new undertaking or for the student who wants finally finishing his or her thesis or doctorate. Over all, a place to calm down and to tickle your more creative senses. You should
not come alone if you feel uncomfortable alone, bring at least a good book along and your mp3 player, but then it is the perfect place for such stay.

It is surely not the place for somebody who is searching for any kind of nightly entertainment unless you think watching geckos chasing each other on the ceiling gives you any kind of entertainment.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Uruma, Okinawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

Recently I took a trip to Chiang Mai to purchase a rare breed of dog. The breeder recommended I stay at the Baan Nam Ping Resort due to its proximity. Upon arrival, I was immediately impressed. The rooms were wonderful and the resort is secluded for a quiet, relaxing get-away. The resort is located right on the Ping River, so the scenery is beautiful. The food was delicious, but best of all was the exceptional customer service I received from all the staff and management. Unfortunately I had to travel alone, but I felt very safe there- the staff knew me by name and I appreciated that they kept an eye out for me. They were very friendly and went above and beyond to help me with anything I needed. I would definitely go back to the Baan Nam Ping with my husband for a nice get-away and I strongly recommend you check it out if travelling to Chiang Mai. Their website is: www.baannamping.com

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

I stayed here with a friend after 4 nights in Bangkok. We were looking for a place to just relax, to get away from the noise and dirt of the city.

This hotel is amazing for a number of reasons, first and foremost is its staff.

Most of our interactions were with Toy (Manager) and Yana. They were both the most welcoming, nicest and helpful people I've ever met. Thailand has a reputation for people with a "service mind" and after two weeks I can safely say that both Toy and Yana exemplify this trait to the fullest.

I really just cannot begin to describe how amazing they both are, as are the rest of the staff.

The hotel is under new management by a kind and friendly German man, Stefan, who has also adopted this "service mind" attitude. He really made sure we were well taken care of.

Second, you need to know about the FOOD. Simply the best food I experienced on my entire trip (on the last day now). It's tough to believe that "hotel food" could be this good, but this is the truth. You won't find better food in Thailand. The cook is a local woman, also very nice. While the prices are significantly higher than can be found outside, we ate at their restaurant every single night (4 nights), each time trying at least 3 dishes. While my favourite is the fried chicken, the fried pork leg stood out as the most unique and tastiest dish on the menu (of what we tried).

The hotel is located within a few kilometers of the famous Baan Tawai market. When we booked, I had no idea about this place and I'm really glad we stayed here.

The rooms are very large and well decorated. The bed was very comfortable and I slept well all four nights. The setting is extremely peaceful and romantic, with very large, old trees lining the river and along the property.

This property is by far one of the best values I've ever experienced and I highly recommend.

I wanted to take Toy home in my pocket, she's so cute and nice!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Chiang Mai, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

Baan Nam Ping has such a wonderful location, right next to the river. All the rooms stretching along the river in a nice garden setting. The hotel is under new German / Thai managements and the new managers have really cleaned the place up and made lots of renovations. They have high standards and it really shows.
Located just past Baan Tawai handicraft village which is very convenient for shopping.
Baan Nam Ping is perfect for a romantic getaway or for just finding peace and quiet. The outdoor pool is lovely and you can just sit out on your balcony all day, watch the river flow past and relax.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

The stay in Baan Nam Ping Riverside was very relaxing for us.
The Resort is not far from Baan Tawai,the Handicraft Village, in nice peacefull Garden Surrounding.
Our Room was very nice and clean. The American Breakfast
and also the Diner in the Restaurant very delicious.
In the afternoon sitting at the Terrace in Front of our Room, looking to the
River, have a Cocktail- great.
The Resort is since Sept. under German/Thai Management. Staff very friendly, good Service.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saraphi
Marndadee Heritage River Village
The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai
The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai
#1 of 334 in Chiang Mai
5.0 of 5 stars 891 reviews

Been to Baannamping Riverside Village? Share your experiences!