Baan Nam Ping Riverside Village Resort is a small (12 rooms) quiet friendly family run resort about 15km outside of Chiang Mai on the Ping River. Most of the rooms are one half of a bungalow building. They are large and clean and we never heard our neighbors in the other half of our bungalow. They each have a wide porch to relax on and most with a river view. There is a swing wide enough for 2 hanging from a tree overlooking the river and a woven hammock for lounging by the riverside.
And as a bonus, if you want to bring your canine companion the resort is very dog-friendly. In fact, the owner, Steffen, walks his dog on the grounds every day.
The very affordable room rate includes a large breakfast. If you ask for a "full option" breakfast, you'll receive 2 eggs, 2 strips of bacon, a bratwurst type sausage, a small platter of fresh fruit, fresh orange juice, toast, coffee or tea, AND you can still have a choice of cereal and/or yogurt. Most days we had our full breakfast and then didn't eat again until dinner time.
The resort offers free usage of bicycles to ride into the nearby town, or you can kayak up and down the river. They also offer motorized scooters for a reduced rate for wider exploration. If you want a package tour or private taxi this can also be arranged by the friendly staff. If you make it during the Lanna Festival in the month of November (where people release sky lanterns and river krathongs) the hotel will provide each guest room with their personal lantern and river krathong to join the celebration. This was an unexpected surprise and we enjoyed it greatly.
But the best part of the resort is the staff. We can't speak highly enough of them. They are very helpful, friendly, genuine and caring. Everyday they went out of their way to make sure that we were well taken care of and happy -- even when we were in a scooter accident and had to spend the night in a local hospital. And it didn't stop there. We stayed at the resort for another two days (for further recuperation) and they tended to us hand and foot.
We were there for eight nights and we can't wait to go back to stay there again. I wanted to honeymoon in Thailand after meeting the friendly people there while I was there on business trips. However, this was my husband's first time to Thailand. We spent a day and a half in Bangkok, but when we look back at our honeymoon we'll think of our time at Baan Nam Ping Riverside Village resort as the real heart of Thailand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peaceful, secluded riverfront villas on the Ping River in lush tropical setting.This is a rare find, just a few minutes drive from Chiang Mai city. A paradisical setting in 9 villas offering 12 suites. Superb, caring Thai service with a smile. Management is German. Ideal for a honeymoon, getaway holiday, company or group retreat, even a family reunion for all ages. A fine restaurant and bar for guests, located on the property with an excellent menu all day and evenings.Relax in this charming environment under the spell of a beautiful stretch of the Ping while buffalos graze under the trees on far side of the quiet river. All rooms are oriented to the view, Misty morning fog rising, lazy afternoons, sunsets and stars, and a staff at your service. We await your visit and will always welcome your return to Baan Nam Ping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld and Venere so you can book your Baannamping Riverside Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baannamping Riverside Village Hotel Khua Mung
- Baan Namping Riverside Village Hotel