“Nice place unfortunately distance away from town” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baannamping Riverside Village

You added Baannamping Riverside Village to your Saves list
Baannamping Riverside Village
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   59/1-4 Moo 7 Chonlapratarn Road | Khua Mung, Saraphi 50140, Thailand   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Saraphi
4.5 of 5 stars 198 Reviews
Sin
“Nice place unfortunately distance away from town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2008

The resort offers free airport transfer however there was no one who picked me up on arrival although flight details given. They, however compensate the taxi fare to the resort. The resort infd that they have no vehicle and arranged a taxi for my departure but did not pay for it. Lucky thing i have enought Thai bahts to pay the driver.

The accomodation however is excellent. The rooms are clean, comfortable and worth the money I paid for. The staffs were helpful and smiley.

The location is unfortunately far from the city. It is about 40mins away by motorcycle. The services provided by resort is expensive. Taxi to city 600 bahts. 2 hr massage also 600 baht.

I should say the resort is suitable for visitors who just want to relax and enjoy the place, peace and tranquilty. Visitors must be able to get used to a quiet and dark environment.

• Liked — The clean and spacious room. Quiet and facing river.
  • Disliked — The location. Expensive services.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2008

My family has been to Baan Namping Riverside Village for 4 times. It is a tiny lovely resort with only 9 rooms with serenity, hospitality and comfortable. We enjoy the extra large, beautiful bedroom very much as well as the extra large balcony which we can lean our back on the chair reading our favorite book with the view of the Ping river in front.

In the afternoon, we can have a cup of coffee or tea under the big old tree on the bank of the Ping river. Actually we can have more than a cup of coffee or tea because the drinking water and many kinds of fruit are also provided all day long with no extra charge as well as kayaking, cycling and Wi Fi internet service.
Not only the hotel atmosphere that make it so charm but also Khun Lin, the owner, who is very nice and lovely. She takes good care of us every time we went there, that’s why we’ve been there not only once.

I always recommend this hotel to my friends who want to go to Chiangmai, and they are quite happy and like Baan Nam Ping very much. I would like to say that Baan Nam Ping is the most impressive resort in my mind and I recommend you all to visit there. Be sure that I'd go there again soon.

Suntharee Tansomboon

• Liked — the large, clean and confortable room and the lovely owner
  • Disliked — the mosquito in rainy season
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
BKK, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2008

We stayed there for 3 nights, 2 rooms. The hotel is very beautiful, peaceful, charming and relaxing. I felt like staying at my house when I stayed there. The bathroom is also very nice and practical. The location was also very good where allowed me to travel and drive around easily.

I like the breakfast there. The owner and her staff make it fresh every morning. All food and ingredient are good quality. It is worth for the price and so far, it is the best boutique hotels that we visited in Thailand.

If you love reading, you should bring lots of books and sit on the balcony in front of your room..... There are nice & comforatble day beds at every balcony where you can hear the bird's voice and look over to Ping's river.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — can't think of
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
Bkk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

Everything is the best. Accommodation, climate, owner, staff, and others are the best. I can't say but everything is in my mind. I love it. I will go back to Baannamping absolutely.

• Liked — Comfortable
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
BKK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2008

We spent 4 nites in this great resort, We love the way they treat us with premium services, luxury & spacious rooms with reasonable price, various choices of tea to choose and great coffee....
So we will surely be back again probably within a few month....

• Liked — Premium services
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2008

i went to chiangmai 4 days for holiday with my mum and her friends ( 72 - 77 year old ) , we are very happy to stay at baan nam ping bacause our room had a private balcony by the ping river so very relex......, i loved coffee and tea here ( all you can drink every time )

• Liked — a private balcony by the ping river
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
Nonthaburi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2008

My wife and I went there with our friends'advises. We found a small lovely natural resort surrounded by beautiful scenery that made it a perfect place for rest and energize ourselves. With excellent accomodation and service, we recommend you all to visit there. Be sure that we'll go there again soon.

• Liked — natural
  • Disliked — swimming pool
  • Stayed February 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Baannamping Riverside Village? Share your experiences!