“lSaturday Evening Meal” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Brompton B&B and Inns
Northallerton
“lSaturday Evening Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Booked a last minute meal at this local establishment and experienced a very nice meal with my Wife.I had a very nice Sirloin Steak and my Wife enjoyed lovely curry.The welcome and service
were both very good.A function was going on in a separate part of the building whilst we were there
but nevertheless quick and efficient service were in evidence.
Tasty desserts and nice coffees to follow.We will definitely return!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Muscat
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My friend booked me in here with other guests and family members for a family celebration in the function room. What an excellent choice of venue and accommodation. Helpful friendly staff and good food and wine, from a menu offering a wide selection of choices. My only difficulty was choosing what to have! Purpose built accommodation across the car park, only a few yards to walk back to after a fun filled night. Comfortable bed and Yorkshire tea and other beverages available in the room made my stay complete. Would have preferred a room without a skylight as I am an early waker, but will know to ask another time, as rooms with conventional windows are available. Off for a walk to enjoy some fresh Yorkshire air before tucking into a hearty breakfast. Sad not to be staying another night, but hope to be back. Thanks to John and his staff.

Room Tip: Rooms are available without skylight. Just ask.1 and 2 are closer to Inn.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
north east
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Visited today,staff friendly and food good. However while walking along the entrance hall, I noticed that the carpet, although not very old looks very dirty. Then noticed how dusty the skirting board and window sills were. Also scuff marks on walls, and cobwebs on wall near restaurant entrance.
I find it worrying that if public areas are so neglected, then what must the kitchen be like!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Price11, Owner at The Village Inn, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear HellsFire, thank you for your positive feedback regarding the food and service. And thank you highlighting some areas that needed our attention. We have addressed the skirting boards, window sills and cobwebs and will keep on top of this. The scuff marks were from a wedding the weekend before and as it happens we had a decorator in on Sunday to touch up the main entrance and the function room. I have also arranged to have an external carpet cleaner to come in once a month to sort the carpet out. This is largely due to this being the main walk way for over a 1000 customers a week as well as the only route for waiting staff to and from the kitchen. Thank you for highlighting these areas and you should have no worries about the cleanliness of the kitchen. We received a 5 star review in our last Environmental Health Visit and have maintained the same kitchen team since. I hope this does not deter you from using the Village Inn in the future. Kind Regards, John Price, Owner.
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We got married on the 23rd march 2013. We only got engaged in November and wanted to plan the wedding fast, The Village Inn was the first and only venue we looked at. After meeting John the owner myself and david (my now husband) fell in love with not only the charm but the ability to make the venue truly ours for the day! We both knew what we had in mind and John and the team made this happen without breaking the bank! We had a very tight budget but still managed to transform the room into our dream destination better than all the grand halls there is! Everyone commented on what a friendly, relaxed and beautiful venue the village inn was and everyone has said it will be regular on their places to stay! The drinks on the bar were also very reasonably priced so no grumbles from our alcohol loving guests! I had high demands on the team asking for rediculous things like the curtains to be removed to make way for bunting and pictures to be taken down! All of this was done! I didn't go anywhere near the venue except to drop the stuff off and explain my wacky requests and everything was set out amazing on the day! Making the venue one less stress off my mind! A special thanks to Rav for the way he looked after us all day he was a gem!

To round it up if I could re do the whole day again I would chose the village inn ten times over, there was nothing that could have been done better and from this very happy bride and groom we can't even put into words how grateful we are!
Thankyou all at the village inn!

• Stayed March 2013
wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

When travelling South after working in the north-east I am always on the lookout for "Pub" type accommodation, prerequisite, good ale and food with comfortable accommodation. The location 5 minutes off the A19 could not have been better.

The Village Inn in the delightful village of Brompton 2 miles north of Northallerton has all three in spades!!

The beer was Nick Stafford's Hambleton ale along with a classic Black Sheep, both in excellent condition. The 3 course meal offer was 1st class value, the steak & kidney pud to die for!!

The accommodation is across the car park, but at £40 for a room it was worth the walk!

My only comment was that my room only had a skylight window, however I commented on this on the feedback form and John the owner e-mailed me to say that next visit I should ask for a room with a conventional window.

The bed very comfortable, the bathroom excellent "Power Shower" and bath.

Cracking walk in the morning across the fields to the railway line and back, it really set me up for beautifully cooked breakfast with cracking service.

When next in the Sunderland/Washington area I will certainly be dropping in en-route home, if only for a meal and a half of ale.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here from December 2012 through to March 2013 due to work commitments. Felt very welcomed as soon as I entered the premises and was very well looked after throughout my stay. The rooms were very comfortable, modern and were cleaned everyday. I dined here every evening and each meal was to a high standard. £10 steak night Monday to Wednesday went down a treat! (not every night though) A big thank you must go to all the staff and I look forward to seeing you all in the future. Thanks again! Joe

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from The Village Inn after having their special thank fish it's Friday Fish & Chips they were excellent , beautifully presented with melt in your mouth batter . We have been a few times for meals & have never had a bad one yet , the Sunday lunches are particularly good value defiantly worth a visit !!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Village Inn? Share your experiences!