I came to guys as part of my Aunt's 60th birthday celebrations, she hired out the Bowling Pavilion to host her party. We booked a room so we could enjoyed a drink.
Upon arriving to Guys, we were pleasantly surprised with the tranquil and elegant setting that the hotel was within, next to a beautiful canal. There are shops, canal boat rides, sports grounds, restaurants... it was more like a resort than a hotel.
We got to our room, it is like arriving within a chalet or a holiday apartment, we opened up the room and were very pleased with the room. It had been recently refurbished and the modern fittings were very pleasent and was a nice contrast with the outside thatched historic setting. The beds were very comfy and the bathroom was wonderful.
My aunt paid just a few pounds more and got a room with a jacuzzi!
It is such a beautiful place, the staff are very very friendly and we had a wonderful stay... and it was at a very very reasonable price! I would recommend Guys for any parties, weddings or just a weekend away!
The only critisim I have is that the walls are very thin, and therefore you can hear everything within the surrounding rooms and outside. But it is so quiet anyway that it didnt really bother us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a canal-side hamlet of thatched roofed buildings and you're thinking Guy's Thatched Hamlet, just off the A6 at Bilsborrow near the market town of Garstang. You will find Guy's Eating Establishment and pizzeria nestling next to the atmospheric Owd Nell's Tavern, Guy's Lodge and School House Square. Guy's Restaurant & Pizzeria with its eyebrow window that is the largest in Europe always offers great hospitality with excellent local and international cuisine cooked in our kitchens and open pizzeria.Owd Nell's Tavern serves such traditional delights as home-made beef steak and kidney pudding, local game in season, chargrilled Aberdeen Angus Scottish steaks and fresh fish from Fleetwood. These are just a few meals from the extensive mouth-watering menu.Relax on our canalside patios were you can eat and drink whilst watching the canal barges and ducks, or on the tavern deck, our roof terrace drinking area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Guy's Thatched Hamlet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guy`s Thatched Hamlet Hotel Bilsborrow
- Guys Thatched Hamlet Preston
- Guys Thatched Hamlet Hotel