“Angel staff and service.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Angels Hotel Bar & Restaurant

Angels Hotel Bar & Restaurant
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Uddingston
Angels Hotel Bar & Restaurant
You added Angels Hotel Bar & Restaurant to your Saves list
114 Main Street | Glasgow, Uddingston G71 7HZ, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Uddingston B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Angel staff and service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Hi All
Just returned yesterday from a 3day weekend in Angels in Uddingston, Glasgow and I am still grinning :). We arrived on Friday midday via train from Glasgow Central and the train stopped just down the road from the Hotel which was a good start. I don’t know what I was expecting... maybe something like the b+b's in Blackpool etc but I was pleasantly surprised by the modern clean lounge and restaurant. The reception we received was warm and welcoming and the floor staff couldn’t do enough to settle all seven of us in. We had booked out all the 5 rooms and (just to note all the rooms contain small single beds so those planning a romantic getaway might want to push their beds together) all of the rooms were clean, bright and well decorated with tea + coffee making facilities. Bed linen was spotless as was the bathroom.
The food that we were served was amazing and the portions were hugely welcomed especially after a long journey. We stayed in the lounge for the night and the only downside was that the restaurant attached turns into a nightclub after 11'ish so the place was jammed packed with all the young and beautiful of the area but there was no trouble that we could see. The music goes on till 1am but myself and family were not disturbed by the noise as we had retired to our rooms by 12.
The next morning we received a well served breakfast but the downside was that it was last served at 9:30 or even worse(hangover) on a Sunday was 9:00am. This I presume is to cater for their lunch trade but maybe the extra half hour on a Sunday could be observed too as it just was way too early to crawl out of bed after a night out.
As a hotel owned by an ex-footballer, I was apprehensive as to what to expect, would it be full of rowdy larger louts etc... but I have to say I was so impressed and surprised that I now feel guilty of even those thoughts. The hotel is well kept, fabulously decorated, spotless clean and the staff are so friendly and nice that it was made to feel like a home away from home. The hotel observes a no jersey rule (Although this was bent for all of us on the Saturday morning for the Ireland vs Australia Rugby Game) and has a general clientele of older or more respectable patrons.
I can not praise the owner Mr. Harry Hood (a true gentleman) and his staff highly enough and I hope that when we return in the future we get to stay there again.

Allison
Ireland

Room Tip: Rooms 1+2 are single and rooms 3,4+5 are Double/triple
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Hove, Sussex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Noisy place for B& B as the rooms are above a very busy bar & restaurant. The TV didn't work, cups weren't washed when the room was serviced, bathroom ceiling looks like they have problems with dampness

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Angels Hotel Bar & Restaurant? Share your experiences!