My husband and I recently came here for the first part of our honeymoon.We had a Groupon, and we're so happy we used it...it was worth every penny! It was very easy to find, right off the highway and about a half hour from the airport, but once you get onto the property, you'd never know you were so close to the city. Everyone was very friendly...the staff and the other guests!
We stayed in the T House, and loved it! Spacious, with a queen bed, a dining table, a futon, and a kitchenette. It was surrounded by bamboo and completely shaded all day, so it stayed cool. We loved the screen windows around the top of the cottage...the birds start singing very early, but we didn't mind the wake up call...it's very cool! We made coffee and sat on the porch every morning to listen to the sounds.
The restaurant was very good...the breakfast was delicious, get the desayuno tipico or the huevos rancheros! Mojitos were great too!
Definitely visit the waterfall, but the trail is steep...there are stairs and ladders to get down the trail...and it can be slippery if it's rained recently (which it had when we went...). It is worth the walk though! There is a lot of trash, but I'm happy to read, in another review, that others we met while we were there started to clean it up! :)
The horseback ride was beautiful...went through coffee plantations and saw great views. We also got massages arranged for us in our room by a husband and wife team, which was nice after the walk down to the waterfall!
Vista del Valle was beautiful and we'd love to go back! It's especially great for the first part or the last part of your Costa Rica vacation, as the convenience to the airport makes a day of travel not so bad!
- Also Known As:
- Vista Del Valle, Plantation Hotel
- Vista Del Valle, Plantation Hotel Province Of Alajuela
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a full service Eco Friendly Nature Resort with Pool, Jacuzzi, Restaurant, Bar, Equestrian Center, Nature Trails, a 300 ft Waterfall, Nature Reserve, Butterfly Enclosure, & Spa Services. Many rooms have a Kitchenette, all have coffee makers, hair dryers, etc. There is WiFi in the restaurant, around the pool and office areas. The main lodge also has Internet. We also offer Concierge Services and have a night staff. We also have Meeting spaces for business travelers, Retreats, Reunions, Weddings & Events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo and Travelocity so you can book your Vista del Valle, Plantation Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.