“Absolute Paradise for Our Wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Las Palmas

You added Hotel Las Palmas to your Saves list
Hotel Las Palmas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lot 5 Playa Blanca, Playa Blanca, Zihuatanejo 40880, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
50% off Winter Specials
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Madison, Wisconsin
“Absolute Paradise for Our Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

We had our wedding and reception with Las Palmas in May 2011. The grounds were beautiful and the drinks and food were great. Everyone in our wedding party is still talking about the drinks and appetizers. What really made it paradise is we didn't have a care in the world - as the bride this is especially important. Jason and his staff at Las Palmas took care of every detail with ease and warmth. They were professional and thoughtful. We stayed in one of the beachfront cabanas and it was magical. I can't thank Jason enough for the experience we had and I highly recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking for a carefree and beautiful wedding or vacation.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
JMM15, Owner at Hotel Las Palmas, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We read all of them and I love to hear you had a great time. We are just now finishing our latest additions and so far they look great. I look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

You can certainly look at the other reviews I've posted to get a feel for the type of travel my husband and I like to do but , long story short- 39 years old, no kids and we talk for a living. So- we really just want peace, quiet and relaxation on a vacation.

Hotel Las Palmas went far above and beyond anything we anticipated.

We arrived to fabulous margaritas and a personal greeting from Jason, one of the owners, and the dogs. ( More on that later)

Lucio, the fantastic manager soon took us to our beach suite #7. This room is lovely and thoughtfully laid out. No detail is forgotten. There's a refreshing plunge pool and patio with hammock and deck chairs. It's perfect for a couple looking for privacy. I am a very light sleeper and I had the best sleep I've ever had on a vacation at Las Palmas.

Every day we woke to a fabulous coffee service provided at the "window" to our room around 7:15 am. We lazed about and eventually rolled to the amazing breakfast, which is included. There are so many choices- pancakes, eggs, yogurt and granola. Of course, if you ask my husband the only thing you need is chilaquiles! It's served with fresh OJ and a plate of fruit to start.

Let's just go ahead and bring up the champion of Las Palmas at this time - EDGAR!!! He's there every day. Smiling. Speaking really good English and helping us practice Spanish. The hotels in the States could get a lesson from Edgar about how to treat people.

After breakfast we called for Sayde and Paloma, the hotel dogs, and took a stroll on the beach. The beach is gorgeous. Nothing but soft sand and the empty beach.

We would return and Edgar would have water waiting for us. We lounged by the pool all day, most days. We were checked on often to make sure we were happy.

We did venture into Zihua one day. Definitely recommend for some shopping and exploring. We got some coffee, tequila, glassware and some Dia De la Muertos art we will always cherish. We shared a taxi with a fun couple we met and Lucio arranged it all. His brother, Alberto, squired us to and from the town and also ran us to the local supermarket to pick up a few items.

We usually ended up at the bar come 6 pm and had many cocktails or shots of tequila we can't find back in the US. The hotel offers a great dinner of soup, salad and a choice of 5 entrees for a very reasonable price of $35 US per person. This was always served by Sergio. Again- top notch service. And- if you'd like a lighter meal they can certainly accommodate.

A few things we absolutely loved about this property-
- tranquility
- very relaxed vibe- no need to dress up or even wear shoes to dinner!
- outside showers!!!
-Sayde and Paloma- sweetest dogs ever! ( It helps to take treats)
- Jason, Edgar, Sergio and Lucio- the hardest working folks out there!
- Scott, one of the other owners, came our last 2 nights. He's such a fantastic person to get to know.
- 15 minutes from the airport and the Zihua airport is SO EASY in terms of getting in and getting out.
- Margaritas, cheladas, whatever drink you want- they're all top notch.
- We mentioned chorizo. Did it show up at the hotel? Oh yes.
-Guacamole, guacamole, guacamole

I turn 40 in April. We're going to celebrate at Las Palmas. Enough said.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

I attended a wedding at Hotel Las Palmas on May 8th, 2011. From the minute I walked through the lush entry, I was treated like royalty.

The beverages served from the personalized drink menu were served by warm and friendly staff. Several appetizers were served, and the best thing I tasted during my one-week stay in Zihuatanejo (and I tasted several delicious new things) was the ‘pollo tinga’ (chicken tinga), an exquisite taste treat. The buffet dinner was also very good, with a nice selection.
Two desserts were offered; I chose the Key Lime pie, which was one of the best I’ve had.

We all chipped in so that the newly united couple could sleep in one of the beautiful rooms offered at Hotel Las Palmas. We also toured the extraordinary Las Palmas penthouse. I seldom use the term breathtaking, but these accommodations qualify – and then some. Should I ever fall in love again, I shall bring my partner here: it is a magical place.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

What a find...Peaceful and tranquil on almost deserted beach..Best relaxing holiday we have ever had....Hotel owners are wonderful people, Very friendly, helpful, caring, fun and will go out of their way to make your stay memorable. It was our anniversary and we had a private dinner for the two of us on our patio/balcony with candles everyehere..VERY romantic. We LOVE this place

Room Tip: Room 6 is the most romantic but all are good.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

I should have written this review ages ago. My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Hotel Las Palmas and could not have had a more perfect experience. The accommodations, the setting, the staff, the food and drink, the service - unbelievable. We have traveled the world since then (literally) and still talk about HLP all the time as one of the best places on Earth. We can't wait to spend an anniversary there sometime in the future!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

I'm not the review-writing type, so I apologize for the lateness of this review - my husband and I visited HLP in April 2010 for our honeymoon. We spent five or six nights in this perfect, pristine hotel. Sergio, the bartender/generally awesome do-everything-man, made us Jamaica juice and margaritas, recommended a visit to the animal refugio, was a great conversationalist and excellent source of information for local things to do, and just a wonderful friendly guy who really made our trip special. We rode bikes to Barra de Potosi, a small fishing village down a sandy road a few miles from the hotel. There are fresh fish places (enramadas) along the beach where you can lay on a hammock, sip a Victoria, and eat fresh just-caught fish cooked vera cruz style. The waves in Barra are much calmer than at HLP. A guy in Barra took us on a bird watching tour in kayaks through the lagoons. Awesome. The premises of HLP are exquisite - the rooms open up to panoramic views of the ocean, the bathroom is large and open (outdoor shower!!), the pool is clean and scenic and warm and perfect for enjoying drinks while watching the waves tumble on to the perfect white beach. Even one year later, the picture on my desktop computer at work remains the view of the palm trees and ocean from our room. The waves are very large at HLP so if you're into body surfing, bring your fins! The food in the small restaraunt was delicious, made with fresh local ingredients with healthy portions and can't-beat prices. We never tired of the incredible breakfasts, poolside snacks, or any other meals - they were innovative and absolutely delicious. When we were there, there was construction (though it never seemed to make any noise or bother us in any way) so I was not there when the new rooms/suites were built but I imagine they are beautiful. The only small critique I would give is that -when we were there - we realized that we were completely alone on the premises one night, and would have liked if there was a bit more of a security presence in terms of the front door being locked or someone else being there in case anything happened. I would think that in light of the present security issues, HLP has ratcheted up security so I would not let anything keep you from visiting this beautiful place. My husband and I can be picky New Yorkers at times, but there is nothing about this hotel that I would change.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

My wife and I are not much for going to the same vacation spot twice but this is one that we will definitely be revisiting. A paradice, with beautiful surroundings and a great staff. We were there for a week in January celebrating a honeymoon and only left the hotel once. Spent a lot of time on the beach and at the pool. The meals were excellent, and we got along famously with the other guests that were there at the time, and had dinner with them on our last night there. Like no place on earth.

Advice to the first timer: Look at getting a flight to the Guererro Airport through Minneapolis (I think Delta does it). We flew Columbus to Atlanta, to Mexico City, to Guerrero. Would have been nicer not having the third flight!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
JMM15, Owner at Hotel Las Palmas, responded to this review, November 9, 2013

Been to Hotel Las Palmas? Share your experiences!