“Bluer than blue” 5 of 5 stars

Cebu City, Philippines
6 attraction reviews
“Bluer than blue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have never seen such river that is so tempting. At first you would be hesitant to hit the water because you might wonder what creatures are living there. But as when I start to discover the water, I found it very refreshing. Snorkeling would be a great idea. You will see the big fishes and other freshwater creatures. The water is a mix of fresh and salt water. You should enjoy it! Visit the place in the am so that you would have enough time since it will be closed around 6pm.

Visited October 2012

21 attraction reviews
“Enchanting it is...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Was able to see the beauty of this enchanting river. we arrived there during feeding time for the fishes. at first the river was full of people swimming, when the bell rang, some people were getting out of the water and was replaced by different colors of fishes wanting to eat the feeds. It was truly amazing.

We visited the place during summer, so expect a lot of people and lots of vehicles parked outside the area. I hope the local government shall improve the road going inside the spot. and they could provide a parking area and well maintained bathroom facilities for the visitors who are paying for a minimum amount of money.

I am planning to visit this place again soon. and hopefully I could see the other end of the river. wasn't able to go there due to a lot of tourists at that time. which is expected because it was summer vacation.

the trip was worth it....

Visited March 2013
Muntinlupa, Philippines
29 attraction reviews
“This place left me speechless...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

you can never imagine seeing this kind of place hidden in the middle of nowhere.Even going there having the rough ride is already an adventure.How much more when you finally reach the place.Simply seeing it by my own eyes is heaven.The pictures were true.It's the only one in the country.It's so enchanted.I'ts so amazing how nature can react such beauty.To see is too believe,indeed. I am lucky to have discovered this place.Simply the best ever!

Visited January 2013
Valencia City, Philippines
26 attraction reviews
“Enchanted River...a truly enchanting experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

An experience of a lifetime...truly enchanting one, i do agree with the name enchanted river. I like the place, so great and magnificent beauty of nature.
I was there with my family last August 25, 2013, the only thing i noticed was the rough road going to the place, lt was like the authorities or leaders in the place were not so serious in developing it. Hope they will invest more funds coz the place will surely be a major income contributor.
I like also the food, when we arrived at the place we ordered right away different sea foods like shrimps, crabs and curacha hmmmm...so yummy.

Visited August 2013
Butuan, Philippines
35 attraction reviews
“Enchanting..relaxing..also a burping experience..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Enchanted River is located in Hinatuan, Surigao del sur..it's a 4hour or 4 1/2 hour drive from Butuan City. if you are outside Mindanao, its best that your point of entry is in Butuan City or Davao City. it is better if you chartered a van (there are lots of PUV lining at the Butuan City terminal or at the airport), as it's more convenient than the bus as the Enchanted River lies in a midland, very remote, 12 kilometers away from the national highway. I have visited Enchanted River numerous times, with friends outside Mindanao, relatives who want to visit there. I had revisited the place very recently and what impressed me most this time was the affordable sea food selling near the area and a organized, well managed resort from the municipal tourism office. A few meters before the area, there are shanties that sell a wide array of affordable sea foods that are recently caught in the ocean. Since we didn't bring our lunch we bought food and they cook it for us, they even sell utensils if you don't bring any. We had a sumptuous lunch. The water is cool, very blue, and very clear. Since most of my group don't know how to swim we rented life vests (15 pesos per hour). I used goggle and its very clear to see a school of fish, its like swimming in a large aquarium with different school of fishes surrounding me. Since we arrived past 12 noon, we missed the first fish feeding but at around 2:30, there is a music,a kundiman heralding the fish feeding for the 2nd time and of course the swimmers are signaled to get out from the water. What was disappointing for me was that this time around there were only few fishes that came out for the feeding, maybe because it was the 2nd time or they were afraid to come out since there are a lot of crowds. You can also go island hopping near the area, and it is uniformed fare in all motorized bancas or pumpboats so you are not be afraid that you will be swindled.

It is worth the entrance fee of 30 pesos as the attendants are very hospitable and the place is nice.
The changing room needs to be improved especially the comfort room as it smelled. Nevertheless, i still want to come back and recommend it to my friends.

Visited August 2013