What a surprise - it must be more than 10 years ago that we last stopped here for lunch. Since then loads of sympathetic improvements to the property whilst still retaining the original style . The Dickens Bar is superb. Great Bar menu and super food. Very polite and friendly staff and good service. Restaurant looks stylish and classic. We took a Spa tour out of interest and that was a revelation. Great thought and knowledge gone into the design. The staff appeared knowledgeable and helpful. As a result of our visit we are going to arrange a stay at the hotel with a Spa package in the very near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape the urban hubbub, relax and unwind at The Morritt Country House Hotel & The Garage Spa. Situated in picturesque Teesdale countryside, and easily accessible from the A66, we offer northern welcomes and an unstuffy, romantic atmosphere. With award-winning food, a luxurious modern spa, and individually designed guest rooms, we're perfect for short breaks, special occasions, weddings or an escape from the every-day. As a family-run hotel and spa we place a great deal of value on service. Our customers constantly tell us that it is our employees who make The Morritt a special place to visit. Our philosophy is "yes, we can" - if we can do something for you, we will do our best to accommodate your request. We look forward to giving you a warm welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Hotel.de, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your The Morritt Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Morritt Country House Hotel And Restaurant
- Morritt Arms Hotel
- Morritt Arms Barnard Castle