“Kooroomba has never disappointed me” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ipswich, Australia
“Kooroomba has never disappointed me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The whole Kooroomba experience begins with the drive to this spectacular location at Mt Alford through Boonah. On arrival take a walk outside to enjoy the view over the Lavender Farm and vineyards to the Mountains. Over the years I have taken many friends and family to this fine restaurant for lunch and never been disappointed. Today was no different taking my daughter there to celebrate her birthday. I love how the menu changes with the season, the warm welcome from Bob and the chatter as we sample the wines and decide which one we will have with lunch and then the hardest part is deciding which of the amazing selection of meals on the menu to have and we never leave without taking some wines home and some of the pantry items. This is easily my most favourite restaurant and I can't wait to go back again and take someone different so they can share in this experience.

• Visited July 2013

Brisbane, Australia
“Kooroomba has redeemed itself!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We have dined at Kooroomba a few times in the past and the food at will never disappoint, it is always cooked to perfection and made from the most superior of local produce, that is a given. In the past, we have had mediocre service from the often young, un-trained and disinterested wait staff.
We visited the other day and were greeted by a smiling happy waiter who was genuinely happy to see us to our table, cliche as it may sound, he treated us like royalty and it was so refreshing to be looked after so well, the prices are high, but when you receive the service such as we did, we ended up having one of the most enjoyable outings we have had in a long time. He suggested the perfect wines to match our delicious meals and we spent the afternoon wandering the lavender.
I am so glad to see Kooroomba's service match its gorgeous scenery, 5 star food and beautiful venue.

• Visited July 2013
Ipswich, Australia
“Ideal for a wedding party!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The Kooroomba Vineyards and Lavender Farm was the perfect location for our country wedding on June 2013. The restaurant is stylish, elegant and set in manicured surrounds with a warm fireplace if it gets cold. We have been to this restaurant on many occasions for weekend drives into Boonah. This is our favourite place to visit and the staff are very friendly. I always feel very relaxed there and the smell of the lavender as soon as you walk through the doors is beautiful and outside you will even see rock wallabies from time to time.

The first meeting we had with Bob, the owner of the Vineyards, made us feel welcomed and put our mind at ease that this was the right location for us to have our wedding. Many of our guests commented on how wonderful the food/wine was and mentioned it was the best wedding they had ever been too. I must thank all the staff for being very accommodating to all our guests and going that extra effort to make everyone feel comfortable. Also I must mention the wine is superb and our guests had a wide selection to choose from. This is a well known restaurant and our DJ Brent even commenting on how good the food was.

I have no hesitations on recommending this location for weddings, couples, families or even business trips.

Brisbane, Australia
“DELICIOUS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Wow - I love this restaurant and every time I eat here the food is always delicious. The views are very impressive and the wines are a perfect match to the amazing menu. I'm already planning my next visit.

Brisbane
“Has never failed me.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have been to Kooroomba on a number of occasions, with many different friends, and each time my friends have come away blessing this treasure in the Scenic Rim. I have never come experienced bad service, on the country, the staff have always gone beyound good service and have been wonderful and extraordinary.
I dined there yesterday, for lunch.

I mentioned that it was my dear friends' birthday when I booked, and we were shown to the best table in the restaurant, It overlooked the vineyards and, in the close distance, the saddleback of the Scenic Rim. Quite spectacular.

The waiting staff were extraordinary and caring and attentive, without being cloying. We indulged in three courses, from the Winter menu and each one was truly divine. My friend and I were going to share a desert (lavender ice-cream, with berries and pistachio biscotti). Whilst we were waiting for our deserts, the head chef came out and told us that he had just made a batch of apple turnovers, and he would like us to try them out- no cost. We, of course said "yes!" and we were presented said turnovers with a honey ice-cream. Lord, it was good!

I adore this beautiful winery. I admire the staff, and I urge you to spend time in the Boonah region. It is just lovely.

• 4 of 5 stars Food