“Delicious Lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Brisbane, Australia
7 attraction reviews
“Delicious Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We enjoyed another superb lunch at Kooroomba, this week. The chef and waitress were pretty much run off their feet, but the meal was superb and as always, the view from the restaurant is hard to beat.

Visited July 2014

Queensland
16 attraction reviews
“Spectacular Views but so so service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Wow what a gorgeous spot this winery is in - amazing mountain views and fields of lavender. But the grumpy owner is a bit off putting who told us we had interrupted his lunch and ran after us as we walked around the lavender fields to tell us not to stomp on the lavender - something we would not do.

Lunch is nice, very expensive and lavish. Probably not my cup of tea and probably won't visit again. Pub lunch more my thing.

Visited June 2014
Ipswich, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“We won't be going back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

This is a lovely place to visit and the wine was nice. However the lunch was expensive for what it was, our children were still hungry after their meal and we waited over an hour for it. Food and service average.

Visited May 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Worst service ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

My family and I went there for lunch. We waited an hour for our entre, over 2hrs for our mains and over half an hour for our dessert. In that time no waiter came to check on us and ask if we wanted any drinks or apologise for the lack of service. I do not recommend this to anyone unless you want to wait a lifetime for your food.
Scenery and food was good. But waiting that long for it isn't worth it.

Visited May 2014
“Beautiful scenery and unexpectedly fine cuisines really made the long distance drive worthwhile.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Just returned from a tiring Sydney trip a day before getting invited to this vineyard for lunch by my sister and brother in law. Long-distanced drive from Brisbane on top of a weary body really made me wonder whether this trip is making any sense at all. Can't help feeling skeptical about what is coming next??
walking into the cellar door, the contemporary interior design with simplicity and quality was a good start. entering the restaurant and being greeted with a picturesque view of landscape magically soothed my weariness. My baby girl was already running and playing in the vineyard and thrilled by the surprising encounter with beautiful wild wallabies.
It was decided that each of us ordered one dish and shared the food together. Because of the no. of people, we ordered almost every main dish on the menu.
The dishes were served in a reasonable speed. The presentation of them were very inviting and the taste was even better. To be precise, " sensational " was the exact word to describe the impact those food had brought me. Come on !!! Who would have expected such a fine taste from a small restaurant located in the middle of nowhere ??? The tasting plate for two (the entree) was really creative and tasty . The lamb shank was well flavored and braised. One literally took no effort to get the meet off the bone. The short rib was so........... tender and together with the Hollandaise sauce, it really brings out the voice of god. all other dishes equally bought delightful surprise to our tongues.
just when my tongue was getting numb by all these heavenly flavors, The hot, smoothy and right out of oven raspberry soufflé got me totally surrendered. Took a spoon of the well-elevated fluffy soufflé into my mouth and it instantly melt. followed by a well-blended taste of cream and berries dancing on my tongue again. It was the perfect ending of the meal .........

At the end , I greeted the chef and paid my respect to him by saying that " If Jamie Oliver's Italian restaurant in Sydney was awarded 3 stars by Michelin guide, I would give you 5 stars personally! "

Visited March 2014