“WORST RESTAURANT IN THE WORLD” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
seattle
“WORST RESTAURANT IN THE WORLD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

It is. I've been eating in nice restaurants all over the world since I was a little kid, and I have never experienced anything this bad in my life before. The food was an embarrassment to my beloved France. It would cause another revolution if people knew this sort of fare was being touted as typically French. We LOVE typically French everything and have never had a bad meal in this foodie heaven. But.... Surely it is not typically French to slice into a giant steaming piece of raw meat seconds after it emerges from the oven? [Hard to say if it was that or the ridiculously low grade cut.] I love French country cooking, and own both of J. Pepin's manuals on it. But this was in insult. Which brings me to the arrogant staff. As always we were low key and deferential, not wishing to be viewed as typical ugly Americans. The waiter could not have been more condescending and dismissive. Rather than stand out, we paid the $150 bill and left. However, when asked, my wife had to say that the meat was not properly cooked. This was met with a shrug and the sort of smirk that let me know I had just been ripped off. If the other dishes has exceeded the quality of a typical 7/11's leftovers, I might just blame that one dish. But prawns smothered in cheap industrial mayonaise to the point of suffocation? Soggy burnt limp fries? A salad that looked at least two days old? I just don't get it. Avoid this place like the plague. Literally.

• Visited July 2012