“Not worth the price!!” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 69 Restaurants in Kohala Coast
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Queen Kaahumanu Highway
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Not worth the price!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

The food is good but not worth the ridiculous prices. Our server was not on the ball and I has to eat my dinner without a beverage. I will NEVER return.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
Long Beach, California
“Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Kohala HA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

First visit to a Ruth's Chris after hearing so much about them. Good food, typical steakhouse fare prepared very well. Signature HOT plates kept food nice and warm. Extremely friendly and competent waiter.

Visited August 2013
“This place doesn't use local beef at a location known for their cattle. The biggest ranch in Hawaii & they ship in their meat!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Very dissapointed in their "non - local" supplied attitude. I wish they would get with the present way of eating, which is Local & Fresh.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Williams, California
“Anniversary Dinner ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My Husband insisted that I allow him to take me to Ruth Chris for our 8th wedding anniversary. I am very frugal but I agreed.
Well let me say that we had an amazing dinner. We both ordered the Filet medium rare and it was the Best Filet we have ever had. My husband is not a big steak guy but he did his best to eat almost all of it. We were both in heaven with our order. We also split the asparagus & augrautean potatoes. The sides were good but the Steak was amazing.
Our waiter Doug was The Best he brought us flambé strawberries for our anniversary and surprisingly my husband and I each ordered desert. This is something we never do. I had the banana cream pie o. Doug's recommendation it was to die for. My husband ordered the cheesecake and a Ruth Chris coffee with liqueur. We each had a glass of merlot with our meal. Oh and I forgot to say we had the scallops for a appetizer
All and all the meal was amazing but I don't know that I could make it a regular thing since each filet was $50 by itself. Our total bill came to $200 and we left Doug a $50 tip. He was remarkable. He really made our night.
I am eager to try the early bird special next time.

Easton, Pennsylvania
“Disappointed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I have never been to Ruth Chris and decided to try it on our vacation. We left feeling disappointed. We have eaten at several upscale steakhouses and felt it was not up to par. After my friends telling me Ruth Chris is the best I was expecting a better dinner. The sides were great but the steaks tasted like Outback Steakhouse. The banana cream pie dessert was great and also the service was fabulous. Maybe I will have to try a Ruth Chris at home to compare.

Visited September 2013