“GOOD PLACE FOR FIRST NIGHT” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 73 Restaurants in Kohala Coast
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Queen Kaahumanu Highway
Lincoln, Ca.
“GOOD PLACE FOR FIRST NIGHT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had dined at this restaurant the last visit to Kahala Coast, so knew it was reliable. Husband's steak was O.K., not great. My opakapaka was tender and tasty, maybe a bit too much for my appetite. No view since at inner table. Nice waiter. Used the elevator, which was handy. Good start for vacation.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Korean first
Fontana, CA
“Left Disappointed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My review concerns my disappointment at the lack of courtesy and not so much the food. The food was good with some sides being very good. And my steak was good not great
We were there because friends and family had given us gift cards which we almost used in California. We were so happy to learn of a location near our condo in Waikoloa.
When I made the reservation I told them it was our 45th wedding anniversary and they said they made note of it. During our dinner the waiter and his assistant were very friendly and helpful but never made mention of our anniversary. Not one congratulation from any of the staff. At another restaurant earlier in the week, they at least wrote congratulations on our desert plate. But at Ruth's Chris, nothing.
My wife and I think 45 years is quite an accomplishment. I wasn't expecting anything great but one word would have been nice.
I only thing we have is that we can name drop to our friends now. When they talk about Ruth's Chris in Palm Desert or Beverly Hills, we can casually mention being at the one in Mauna Lani.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sonoma County, California
“Some good, some not so good...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We've resisted this place for several years because a dark, enclosed steakhouse is the last place I want to dine while in Hawaii. After finding out that there's an outdoor terrace upstairs where we could enjoy the sunset, view, etc., we booked a reservation for a steak lover's milestone birthday. The terrace location overlooks the mall courtyard (not ideal), but hey, at least we were outdoors. We had some glitches with the meal (an overcooked steak, problem with a salad), but server and manager took care of things immediately. A few family members raved about their steaks, but the birthday boy was left disappointed by both his shrimp cocktail and NY steak. Overall, however, it was a pleasant meal with attentive service. Will I be back? For these prices, I'm sticking with the local spots that specialize in seafood while on the Big Island ;-)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco, California
“Happy Happy Hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We went for happy hour. The food selections were excellent. The service at the bar was excellent - friendly attentive and fun. The prices are decent for mixed drinks but overpriced for wine selections based on the quality of the wine. I would recommend happy hour after a tough day at the pool or beach.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Canada
“The little things made the experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My new husband was really wanting to have a good steak after our intimate beach nuptials and so I reserved online in advance. I stated we were celebrating our wedding in hopes we might get a quieter table to be romantic, gushy newlyweds.

The food was, of course, as delicious as Ruth's Chris promises. But it was really the little things that made the experience. Our hostess led us to a quiet table decorated with shiny red and white gems as she saw by the reservation we had just gotten married.

Our server, Dan, was great - he even brought us a light dessert of flaming strawberries marinated in Grand Marnier on the house and a congratulations card for our wedding, so sweet and thoughtful. One of the managers visited our table and took our picture for their Facebook page, also making sure to congratulate us.

They already win on great food, but add that we truly felt like special guests that night, and we will definitely be back!

• Visited April 2013