“Sunset Specials” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 69 Restaurants in Kohala Coast
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Queen Kaahumanu Highway
Westby, Wisconsin
“Sunset Specials”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have been eating at Ruth Chris Steak Houses for over 20 years, never have been disappointed.
Waikoloa Ruth Chris,fantastic sunsets, and specials from 5PM to 6PM a must to check out, including Wine Wednesday's 25% off on bottles of wine. Service is always excellent, appetizers, drinks, and food, still the best as it has been for 20 years

• 5 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
“Great Dinner on the Big Island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Second experience with this Ruth's Chris. I had a great family Thanksgiving dinner there a few years back and just took a party of ten there last week. The service was first rate. The menu was mostly traditional Ruth's Chris with some local flavor added. We had the Ahi Poke as an appetiser and several had the local Asian inspired fish of the day. Several split entree's or salads and there were no issues in doing so. Great experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Kailua-Kona
“I hope they're all not like this”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Way, way overpriced for the quality. My guest and I each ordered the ribeye steak medium rare. The quality advertised was "prime" which means lots of marbling and tenderness. I should have known better when the place setting came with sharp steak knives. The steak was cooked exactly as advertised, warm pink in the middle, so it wasn't the chef, it was the steak. Both of us had to hack away at this fifty dollar (?) half inch thick piece of meat from the grocery store.
I couldn't figure out what sort of sauce it was in or why there was sauce, but I see from another review that it was put on a sizzling plate of butter. No wonder I barely made it back home to evacuate my bowels. Way too much grease.
I seldom eat beef, but when I do, I love that steak house flavor, you know the one, but it was lacking here. A month ago I bought a New York from Safeway and fried it at home, and got the exact same flavor (except Safeway's was tender).
We also had to wait about an hour for the server after we were seated. When he showed up, he was really pushing the wine, too. The food did come hot, though.
When Ruth opened her Chris Steak House in Sacramento, my friends all raved about the size and the quality, so I was looking for something really terrific. Evidently when Ruth and her family sold out to the big corporation (NASDAQ: "RUTH"), the bean counters took over from the chefs. I hope all of the other franchises are not like this one, but I doubt if I'll find out because I'm not going to take another fifty dollar chance.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota
“Great food and service as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I ate here one evening while we were staying at the Mauna Lani Bay hotel. As always the food and service were excellent, just what you would expect at a Ruth's Chris restaurant

Visited November 2012
Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We had an amazing dinner here, as one of our last nights on the Big Island. Service was good (but not extraordinary), and the meal was delicious! We shared the clams for an appy, which featured a great sauce, but the clams themselves were incredibly small. We also shared a side of asparagus, which were tasty.

My girlfriend ordered the rack of lamb, which was cooked perfectly! It was incredibly tender, and flavorful. I had the surf and turf (my steak was cooked a perfect med-rare, which so many other restaurants these days fine hard to do; but the lobster was tough and overcooked). All in all, a wonderful dinner!

• Visited November 2012