“Fabulous Mosel Winery!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Attractions in Briedel
Type: Food & Drink
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The winery WEINGUT EDUARD KROTH was founded in 1503. As wine growing has been pursued for more than 500 years by the Kroth family, Weingut Eduard Kroth is a very traditional company using their experience for making their excellent wines which comes from the best and steepest vineyards of the Briedel and Zell area.The current owner, Bart Kroth (engineer for wine growing and beverage-technology) took over the parental winery in 2004 together with his wife Daniela. He mainly grows Riesling wine, since some years also the Pinot Noir and Dornfelder. Bart manages approx. 2,5 hectares of vineyards and carries out work all by himself, supported by his wife, his father and some harvesting employees.A trip to the winery is worth a visit! The Kroth family looks forward to meeting YOU in their wine tasting facility.
Linden, Germany
“Fabulous Mosel Winery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I attended a wine tasting at Weingut Eduard Kroth's winery and we were so pleased that we did! The wines are Mosel wines, our favorite! And the host of the winery, Bart Kroth, is such a friendly host - we ended up making a friend for a lifetime! We highly recommend Kroth Winery - you will not be disappointed!

Visited January 2013

Speicher, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
“Excellent Winery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Awesome place to try many wines from the Mosel. Great Host. Also shipping back to US is a great deal. Beautiful shop and lovely conversation. Be sure to stop in if touring the area.

Visited April 2013
Bartlett, Tennessee
“All I can say is awesome wine and best hospitality. Love the Kroths”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

After 9/11 I sent to Ramstein AFB and I made many trips to the different wineries throughout Germany and by far this winery tops them all. I can't wait to take a trip back and visit with the Mr. Kroth and his son Bart. Awesome people!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited November 2012
Danville, Indiana
“Fabulous Wine in a Beautiful Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The Kroth winery produces some of the best wine you can find. What is even better is that the winery has been located in Briedel for centuries, but Edward and Bart enjoy catering to Americans and understand the difference between a typical American and German palate. Doing a tasting, picking your favorite wine(s) and than having them produce a special labeling for you sets that perfect mood for that special event. The final topping is that you can continue to enjoy the superior wine when you leave Germany as they are more than willing to ship to the USA. Come to the winery a stranger and leave as a friend.

Visited October 2012
Geiselberg, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
37 attraction reviews
“Best wine in the WORLD!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I lived in California wine country for +15 years, my sister lives in New York wine country - we could never find a wine that we really liked - till we visited Bart and Dani Kroth. I first tasted Eduard Kroth wine in 1985. I held onto that empty bottle until I returned to Germany in 2001 and found my way back to Briedel and the Kroth winery. Bartho is still aging his wines in the oaken barrels of his great grandfather. We are convinced that the barrels make all the difference!! No after taste! Smooth!! Wonderful!!! Bart also does specialized labeling for events and ships to the United States. Perfect for my husbands 50th birthday and our son's wedding! AND!!! the wine is STILL cheaper than buying in the states! Please visit Bart and Dani!

Visited September 2013

Been to Weingut Eduard Kroth? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Weingut Eduard Kroth, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.