“Enjoyable Stay at Drakes Apartment” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Drake's Apartments with Cars

Drake's Apartments with Cars
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Perth
Drake's Apartments with Cars
You added Drake's Apartments with Cars to your Saves list
7 Scenic Crescent, South Perth, Western Australia 6151, Australia   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in South Perth
malaysia
“Enjoyable Stay at Drakes Apartment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

I was there with my family of 3 children in June and I must say that my family enjoyed our stay in Drakes. We rented 2 bedroom 1 bath unit and a car as well. Our apartment is located in a quiet residential neighbourhood and it is clean and well equipped with most household electrical items and cooking utensils - washing machine, electrical and microwave ovens, rice cooker, toaster, kitchen stove, washing machine, clothes dryer, vacuum , iron, heater. My bath tub even comes with jacuzzi. The staff is friendly and helpful and my family has complaints about them.
Driving to the city takes few minutes.
There is KFC / Mac Donald / Shell stn nearby - walking distance.
You can also take the bus to the city from here - bus 32 / 106 / 709.
very near to Burswood casino.
also few mins drive to Victoria Park shopping Centre - Coles supermarket and Target Dept store.
From my apartment through Canning Highway, one can easily travel to fremantle, Caversham, AQWA, Carousel westfield shopping centre.
Perth Zoo is very near as well -few minutes drive at Millpoint Road.
Beautiful park nearby ( Beside Swan River ) -walking distance from the apartment

Made the right decision staying in Drakes.
If you arrive early at the airport before your check in time, you may need to take the cab to drakes - car ( about AUD 30-35 ) or van ( about AUD50 )

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

I stay here all the time when I'm in Perth for business. Great service - get picked up at the airport (which is very close) on arrival and dropped off when departing in the car I use while I stay there. I've always found the staff to be nothing but exceptionally polite and helpful and the apartments I've stayed in are spotless, comfortable adn well maintained. Same witht he cars. It's real close to the city and business areas... but noting's too far away in Perth anyway. The best thing about Drake's is the consistently high level of service. I have yet to find something I don't like. Highly recommend this place... can't quite see that other reviewers think they've seen here - perhaps their reviews ar emore a reflectiion of themselves than the venue?
ppom

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Surabaya
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

My friend stayed here before so they recommended me to stay. As I did not do any research for accommodations, I decided to give this place a try.I stayed here for 2 weeks in a 2 bedroom apartment. When I walked into the entrance, there is a very small stove for me to cook but cutleries, pots and pans are provided. When I cook I'll have to open the windows or the whole place will smell with the food's stench. Before we check out,everything has to be washed thoroughly or else we'll be charged,same applies to the whole place (keep the place neat).I was unhappy that my credit card got charged even though I did not make a mess of the place after I check out.The beds are average.Each room has a double bed. The toilet is very old and stained.The car I rent was a hatchback, which is an old model but it's okay.I need to refill the fuel before I check out. If I failed to do so,they'll charge my credit card again. The staffs are not very friendly so another thumbs down from me. The only good thing about the place is that it is near a park where I can go for afternoon walks. Other than that, I can't think of anything else that'll make me choose to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2008

Firstly the people at the front counter are extremely rude and arrogant. They think they are god sent. THe manager the lady is extremely rude and not at all accomodating. The messy old guy with a pony tail is worse, i remember a specific comment..when i was previewing the apartment " if your here to see the place just see don't ask me" and "if you smoke get out we won't accept you." I suggest everyone to boycott the place and tell your friends never to stay here..because though its cheap its like a cheap [--] motel its dirty, smelly and old. It is better to spend your money elsewhere where the people managing the place are polite and the place clean.
To all asians out there don't even consider it, your better off staying at backpackers if you want a cheap place.

• Liked — NOTHING AT ALL
  • Disliked — THE PEOPLE AT THE RECEPTION
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2007

I'm glad that I'm back in Singapore now! I stayed at a 3 room apartment with my family at Drakes & it was a horrible experience. I was there about 6 years ago & the stay was quite comfortable then. To our disappointment, everything is so different this time round. Understand that furniture & equipment will suffer wear & tear, but just couldn't accept the damaged shower head, the lice & stains on the beddings & sofa & the smell of the fertilizer on the plants placed in the apartments. I was hoping that I don't smell like cow dung in the plane! We were also freezing like anything 'cos the reverse cycle air conditioning wasn't working. Only thing I liked was the dryer in the laundry room. The washing machine was too manual for my parents - luckily I knew how to use it 'cos I used that kind of machine when I was studying in Perth. I promised myself I won't ever stay there again!

• Liked — dryer in the laundry room
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Canberra
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2006

It has been several years since we unfortunately stayed at this property so hopefully it has been refurbished since then. We are a family of four, two adults and two young daughters. The apartment we were given was only a step up from staying in a caravan park. It was old and shabby and the bathroom was more like a public toilet. This bathroom was so old and crappy, I don't think I have seen an older bathroom in anywhere I have ever stayed. Tiles falling off the walls, stained sink with mis-matched taps and rusty pipes, just awful.
We were part of a large group that were staying in various apartments. It is actually not one building but several buildings in a street. There are also permanent residents living in the buldings. Some of our group were also put in a building a few streets away so it was a bit all over the place.
We are off to Perth again next year and I will definitely not be staying here!!

• Liked — Nothing at all
  • Disliked — The whole stay
  • Tips/Secrets — Do not stay here
  • Stayed September 2003
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Drake's Apartments with Cars? Share your experiences!