“Budget standards in need of TLC” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Assured Waterside Apartments

You added Assured Waterside Apartments to your Saves list
Assured Waterside Apartments
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   29 Melville Parade, South Perth, Western Australia 6151, Australia   |
Brisbane, Australia
“Budget standards in need of TLC”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Apartment was in need of some TLC some new furniture but the rest past its sell by date including the carpets.
Room was smelly when I went in, very noisy and close to the free way.
Secure gates were wide open all night
Not much nearby for eating out.
Arrived after 7pm so keys collected from key box.
Internet needs a PIN from reception which of course was closed.
No lifts which is not good news if on level 3

Guess it's alright if you want a cheap family holiday.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Bob P, Guest Relations Manager at Assured Waterside Apartments, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear JeffSoutar
Many thanks for your valuable feedback. It saddens me that your experience did not match the majority of our guests and I would like to personally apologise in this instance. The carpets for the apartments are being replaced and a new security door has been fitted. Being a cosy complex of 30 apartments the reception is not manned after 7pm. Keys are accessible via a lock box and service is resumed at 6 am the following morning.

South Perth Pubs and restaurants are only a few minutes walk. A full map is available via our website and our guest relations staff are more than happy to provide detailed information on arrival.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future and please feel free to contact me directly to assist you further with the points raised in this review.

Warmest Regards

Bob P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Great Western, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Not worth the price we paid. Good for long term stays or contract workers in the city, Friendly staff, but apartments really need a revamp. Noisy from the freeway, but i guess there is little that can be done about this.

Room Tip: Dont get the upstairs rooms if you are elderly or have a wheelchair. There is no lift.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bob P, Director of Sales at Assured Waterside Apartments, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Sarah1606

It is with your valuable feedback that we can strive for guest satisfaction so your comments are highly valued. Although Perth Hotel rates are amongst the highest in Australia , many great deals can be found online especially for weekends and school holidays. Our location is clearly marked on via our google map at our website and the majority of our guests are not affected by adverse noise levels. A ground floor apartment can be requested and our guest relations staff will always be happy to oblige where possible.

Warmest Regards

Bob P
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment with another couple for a friday and saturday night as we had a wedding at the Boatshed Restaurant Coode Street to attend. We had an apartment at the front of the building leading to the freeway which was a little noisy but not too bad. Only 1 bathroom with the toilet within the same room which is a bit of a problem especially when 2 couples are sharing , different I think if its a family. Rooms comfortable and clean with airconditioning only in the living/kitchen area. Very close and within walking distance of 7-10 minutes to many restaurants and the Windsor Hotel and a supermarket and shopping area and a ferry which takes you across to perth city side of the river. A very enjoyable stay was had by us.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Ross A, General Manager at Assured Waterside Apartments, responded to this review, February 19, 2012
Dear Julzm1958,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback on your recent stay here at Assured Waterside Apartments.

It's through your valuable feedback that I can enhance our overall guest experience here at the property now and into the future.

I'm pleased to hear that you had a very enjoyable experience with us here at Assured Waterside Apartments and I hope the wedding was a raving success. I'll be passing on your positive comments to my team who I know will be excited by your feedback as they strive to ensure all of our guests have a great experience here at the hotel.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back through our doors again should you be staying in South Perth again Julzm1956. Thank you again for your wonderful feedback.

Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

We booked 4 nights at the Waterside Apartments for our time in Perth and then read the reviews on Tripadvisor, the reviews had us worried!

There was no reason to worry though, yes the freeway is about 100 meters away but you really don't hear it unless you're trying (we had an apartment nearest the freeway). Apart from that the location is great, it's a 10 minute stroll to the zoo and 10 minutes from the ferry to the city.

The apartments are clean, the beds are comfortable, and the receptionists are helpful. There are worse places you could stay! - Believe me I've stayed in a few of them.

I think we'll stay in Fremantle next time we're here but there's no reason not to stay at the Waterside Apartments.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear James S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us here at Assured Waterside Apartments with your valuable feedback. It's through your valuable feedback that I hope to enhance our overall guest experience here at the property now and into the future.

I'd like to thank you again for your positive feedback on your recent stay with us and I'll be passing your review on to my team who I know will be excited by your wonderful comments as they endeavour to ensure each and every guest has a positive experience here at Assured Waterside Apartments.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you through our doors again should you be staying in South Perth again.

Brisbane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night in January.

We were disappointed to be on the 3rd floor with no lift right at the very back of the appartment block, as I had a broken foot at the time. We could not be accommodated in any other room though. The outside of the apartment block is exactly that, an apartment block from the 80/90s. Not nice to look at.

Entering the access code was not clear as there were 2 panels. We didn't know which one to use or which gate it related to.

The room was fine except for the mop and broom etc in the laundry sink (very untidy). The tap constantly dripped in the kitchen all night and the kitchen window wouldn't close completely so it was quite noisy from other doors banging and people walking past the room.

The AC unit was not sufficient enough to cool the second bedroom and the fan had no extension cord and was quite useless plugged in behind the single bed.

The beds were comfortable though and we slept well and left as soon as possible the next day.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Ross A, General Manager at Assured Waterside Apartments, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Dear scarlett2204,

Thank you for taking the time to provide my team and I with your valuable feedback. It's through your feedback that I will be able to enhance the hotel guests experience now and into the future.

I understand your disappointment with your room allocation and the inconvenience this must have been for you with a broken foot, I've investigated the issue thoroughly for you and I do know that my friendly staff exhausted all avenues to accommodate your needs yet were unable to as all ground floor and 2nd floor apartments were already occupied and I do apologise for this.

In regards to the security panels and different codes I do understand that this is confusing to our guests but it is in aid of ensuring our guest security and safety at the property is at the highest level possible as we take this issue very seriously at Assured Waterside Apartments to ensure a great guest experience. Although it might be veiwed as "over the top" security in most cases as South Perth is a affluent and safe area, it is in aid of providing a secure environment for any situation that may or may not occur regardless. In saying this I've address your concerns with the Front Office / Reception Department to ensure that further detail and explanation is provided to guests on arrival to ensure a thorough understanding of the security at the property is gained by our guests to eliminate future confusion.

I've addressed your concerns with our Maintenance Department in relation to the A/C system, window lock and dripping tap and these issues have been rectified and corrected. I do apologise for these issues and I've taken decisive action to ensure future occurences do not prevail. I assure you that this is not the level of service that we aspire towards here at Assured Waterside Apartments.

Finally scarlett2204 I'd like to thank you again for taking the time to provide my team and I with your valuable feedback and concerns and I assure you that we have learnt from your experience at the property and have exhausted every possible avenue to ensure future occurences do not prevail and that our future guest experience has been enhanced by this.

If you would like to discuss any issue personally or feel I haven't addressed your concerns at the property thoroughly enough please don't hesitate to contact me here at the property on 08 9474 4474.

I look forward to hoping welcoming you back through our doors again scarlett2204 in the future.

Assured Waterside Apartments
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

very disappointed with this accommodation the oven was dirty,the taps in the bathroom wouldn't stop dripping and the window in the second bedroom would only open about two inch, YOU COULDN'T REALLY USE THE Fan in the second bedroom as there was no extension cord and when we tried to get through to reception they didn't answer so I will not be recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these South Perth hotels

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011 via mobile

We stayed at these apartments for three nights. We were in a two bedroom apartment (1 queen, 3 singles. 1 bathroom). The apartments are located in South Perth which is a ferry ride over to the Perth CBD. I wouldn't recommend a family if our size (5 people) staying here as the apartment is quite small and really needs that extra bathroom. Checkin and checkout was friendly and hassle free. I am giving it a "thumbs down" due to the size of the apartment and the buildings general need for a makeover.

• Stayed December 2010

Been to Assured Waterside Apartments? Share your experiences!