“Excellent food and wait staff, dissapointing chef appearance” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
perth
“Excellent food and wait staff, dissapointing chef appearance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I dined at Incontro on Friday the 19th of July 2013 which was my 30th birthday. I had always wanted to go to Incontro for a while and always adored their menu from time to time so he surprised me and took me there. I happen to have a fetish for fine dining. The ambiance was wonderful and the view of the city and the swan river. The restaurant is dim inside and all tables have candles for a perfect romantic candle lit dinner experience.

The staff welcomed us and suggested that we try the piccolo menu which includes small portions of different meals in tappas style designed by the chef. The staff advised us that the chef would come and see us personally about the meals. The meals were absolutely wonderful and as yummy and well presented as I expected.

Eventually we noticed the chef going from table to table speaking with guest which was a different experience from what we have had before in some of the finest restaurants. Unfortunately we watched him visit all tables including people who came after us and not once did he visit our table. At one point he actually walked in the direction of our table then turned away and it made me begin to wonder what was different about us from the rest of the guests. I couldn't figure out why we could not be accorded the same experience he shared with all other guests.

Other than that I cannot fault the scrumptious food and desert prepared by the chef but it would have been nice to be made to feel more welcome by him. The staff were absolutely wonderful and courteous and made up for it. Personally the wait staff should not promise guests that the chef will come speak to them when he won’t. I loved the food and service is very important to me so for that reason I will not be going back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent food and great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I dined at InContro last weekend and had a brilliant meal. Thank you to Peter, the head chef and owner, who suggested that we allow him to bring a selection of food - this was an great suggestion and we thoroughly enjoyed the variety - especially the seafood. The staff were excellent and ensured that we had memorable evening.

Visited July 2013
Perth
“Best in Perth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant is consistently the best in Perth, I don't know why it isn't more well known and talked about.
Always leave it to the chef to advise of the menu. Had oysters 3 ways that were so good we ordered another dozen. The truffle and mushroom pizza bread - divine! Butterflied prawns , amazing, better than what I was dished up at Rockpool! Sliver of pork with lovely crackle and pommegranate, arancini balls, delish, lovely artichoke soup with cheesy crostini. 9 hour cooked lamb shoulder - melt in the mouth. Cheeses with truffle honey, to die for.
Stemware is first rate - Vera Wang by Wedgewood for our champagne - just pure class!
Service fantastic, the chef Peter just makes the whole experience, he is the restaurant. Views to die for!
This restaurant is the best in Perth in my eyes and I eat out a lot!

• Visited July 2013
Perth, Australia
“Great business lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Met with some colleagues and clients for lunch to show off the Perth skyline. The restaurant is on the South Perth river foreshore and has a great view over the water back to the city. Was suprised to find the food was really good too - with attentive friendly service. European menu but with some interesting twists and some Asian fusion themes also . Pricey but worth a visit.

Visited March 2013
Perth, Australia
“Worth paying extra for quality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We came here as a family group for Mothers Day lunch and it is the first time we can give a positive review regarding food and service on that special day. Sure it is a little pricey but worth it. We will definitely return and I won't be waiting until the next Mothers Day.
None of us could fault the food or service and that is a pleasant change in Perth.

• Visited May 2013