“Great food, but wine list way too expensive!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Perth, Western Austalia
“Great food, but wine list way too expensive!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Have been twice to Incontro and the food is fantastic. This is a not a once a week or month restaurant but in my opinion a great place to celebrate a special event. After my first visit I recommended this restaurant to everyone. I could not fault the food. Both times we had the Piccolo menu only problem was you don't really know what your choices are or what you might get. When booking I choose the $85 per head menu (i was told this would come with a choice of deserts - was really looking forward to this) but only got one shot glass size desert and we were two serves short. So two of us didn't get any! When I was paying I asked what it cost for desert - was it extra ? and was told it was included in the $85 per head but she thought I might want to keep the cost down (I don't know where that came from as I only questioned cost per head as I didn't get the full choice of desert!) so only gave us one serve each but still charged $85 per person ! The cheapest bottle of red wine was $72. We don't drink much and as this was a special occassion I had allowed for this. Came away confused - no one in our group was aware of my feelings and everyone said it was one of the best meals ever. Location is beautiful - ask for a window table. (I did request and confirmed seating day before - but our requested table was given to another group. I was told they were regulars and that was why they were given preference.) We were a group of 18.

• Visited February 2012

Perth, Australia
“Brilliant, friendly service and great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

The head chef, Peter, and owner Anna make everyone feel special. Try their tasting plates (more like a tower!). They choose and you enjoy.
We have eaten here many times and it is consistently good. The service and staff are brilliant and the views of the city of Perth across the river are to die for!
Enjoy!

• Visited February 2012
Perth, Australia
“Excellent food, service & a great view of Perth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I have been to Incontro a few times and have had excellent food experiences each time. My usual haunts are pub restaurants, though I do enjoy indulgences of the culinary variety when budget and occassion allow. Chef Peter Manifis really knows his way around seafood though the beef, lamb & roasted vegetables were also equally mouth watering. To my mind, Incontro is a special occassion type venue with excellent service, unobtrusive staff and an elegant - though not pretentious - dining environment. It has a widely varied wine menu and you can enjoy both the A La Carte options as well as the option to have chef cook for you. Personally, the latter is my favourite option. The evening we dined, Peter visited a number of tables and talked briefly to his guests, including us, before the food service started. It made the experience a very personal one and built the expectation for the wonderful food that followed. Elegant presentation, delicious food, great views of the Perth skyline, unobtrusive & friendly staff and a warm inviting athosphere come together to provide the diner with a consistently memorable dining experience.

• Visited January 2012
western australia
“sensational food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Beautiful food, great service. Piccolo menu highly recommended as you get to taste a lot of different foods. Will definately go again

• Visited December 2011
Perth, Australia
“Avoid unless you like terrible service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012 via mobile

Service could not have been worse. View is excellent, food was ok, but no need to put up with rude people when you can just as easily go elsewhere. Avoid.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere